BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ErinBrown

Just an idea. If Reid is fit and playable, would it not be an idea to loan him out till the end of his contract. That way we can get in our Rothen or whoever?

Just an idea. If Reid is fit and playable, would it not be an idea to loan him out till the end of his contract. That way we can get in our Rothen or whoever?

Who would we find that is daft enough to pay his wages? By that theory we may as well just offer him around for free anyway.

JW is patching up a sinking ship. Is it only a matter of time before we sink? The most important thing is the survival of Blackburn Rovers, so if JW decides that spending £2m on a players could have detrimental effects on the clubs finances then fair play to him not spending it. We have enough talent in the squad (when fit) to match the bottom half of this league but injuries are definitely going to hinder us this season. The worrying factor is the pool of potential relegation candidates is getting smaller and smaller each season and we are not one of those pulling away from it!

Back on topic, I hope before the end of the transfer window we still have Warnock. That would be the best singing of the window in my opinion. A leader, committed, can play in various positions and pretty much my favourite player at the club!

I think the pool of relegation candidates is getting bigger, i think wigan, pompey, hull, stoke, burnley, birmingham and wolves will be battling it out for relegation. I agree with you about warnock though.

If Reid is fit, why would we want to exchange him to Rothen? Surely a fit and playable Reid is more important to the team than some second choice winger?

If Reid is fit, why would we want to exchange him to Rothen? Surely a fit and playable Reid is more important to the team than some second choice winger?

Do we know what Reid is capable of thesedays? Not really seen much of him in 2 or 3 years.

For nearly 10 years Rovers have always said that we are working on a tight budget noe & cannot afford to spend large trasfer fees, only for us to go out & spend a few million!!!

I really hope this is the case now cause though i feel we have signed some good players & we are in better shape than last year we still need to spend to push on from a mid to second half table team!!

A decent creative midfeilder could do it but we really do need to spend!!! The problem is, i dont think we will!! Mark Hughes realised this last year & that is why he jumped!!

From L’Equipe.

Paris Saint-Germain are poised to complete a move for coveted Guingamp midfielder Richard Soumah, who is being touted as the man to replace Premier League bound Jerome Rothen.

With the ostracised Rothen liable to move away from the Parc des Princes in the coming days – a move to Blackburn Rovers is still on the cards – PSG are set to swoop for the Ligue 2 star, who was one of the key men as the Breton outfit charged to unlikely Coupe de France success last season, according to L’Equipe

I don't think you should put the words Playable, Fit and Reid into the same sentance. Its obvious his body isn't upto them Prem...so get a couple of million from someone like sheff utd and move on....Barton needs to be bought with the funds.

Surley JW would have made it clear before to Sam after Kalinic there would be no money left beacuse sam would'nt call over Jerome rothen and Michel Salgado.

By the way, no sign of nicko, no news is good news ;)

I agree, the air fares and hotel costs etc would have to be met by the club and stupid if nothing was happening, however, still think one or two will be out though!!

Surley JW would have made it clear before to Sam after Kalinic there would be no money left beacuse sam would'nt call over Jerome rothen and Michel Salgado.

By the way, no sign of nicko, no news is good news ;)

I agree, the air fares and hotel costs etc would have to be met by the club and stupid if nothing was happening, however, still think one or two will be out though!!

It seems less daft if you think of it as being a trial for all three of them.

For example, Sam thinks these three players could be useful (Salgado, Rothen and Capoue) but knows he would have to sell to get them. Rather than just do it and risk making a big cock-up he invites the players over for a trial/his test thing to see if one/more of them is worth sacrificing e.g. Warnock for. He gets to see them up close, check on their fitness/suitability and then make a decision. At the moment it seems the decision is they are not worth it.

Archived