BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood Area

I've just been past Ewood and noticed that the 3 main home pubs (Aquaduct, Fox & Hounds & Ewood Arms) all have Rovers flags outside them.

Does anyone know if this is their own initiative or whether the club were involved in the idea.

The small flags/banners that were put up last season are looking a bit tatty now and could do with replacing, hopefully with bigger ones.

I like the idea of the club being recognised more in the area because it is what puts Blackburn on the map, however I did notice some claret and blue/violet hanging baskets every where which are very tastless lol.

Do you think that the council and the club should do more for the Ewood area in terms of showing pride for the club and it's colours etc.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just been past Ewood and noticed that the 3 main home pubs (Aquaduct, Fox & Hounds & Ewood Arms) all have Rovers flags outside them.

Does anyone know if this is their own initiative or whether the club were involved in the idea.

The small flags/banners that were put up last season are looking a bit tatty now and could do with replacing, hopefully with bigger ones.

I like the idea of the club being recognised more in the area because it is what puts Blackburn on the map, however I did notice some claret and blue/violet hanging baskets every where which are very tastless lol.

Do you think that the council and the club should do more for the Ewood area in terms of showing pride for the club and it's colours etc.

Those hanging baskets look decidedly claret and blue to me aswell. Pity as they look nice but they wont be around for along in that colour.

Blackburn council deserve a rollocking for it.

No doubt there will be a facebook petition to have them removed soon enough lol.

I'm impressed that the pubs have chosen to fly the flag, I know the Fox & hounds have done it for a while but it was good to see the other 2 doing it also. I hope they keep on top of them and keep them clean.

Has anyone been in the Ewood Arms since it was done up? is it looking good inside?

I thought the same about the baskets, the council are clueless, hence the claret bins, would never happen in burnley.

The council need to take a leading role in all of this and embrace the club, lets face it the town has nothing else to shout about.

They won't be there for long, Rovers have already been to the Ewood Arms and told Jerry to get them down due to copyrighting. He also got told to take down the rovers badges from the windows.

Seriously? Iv got one on my car :lol:

The big flag at the hare n hounds was there for the Tugay game last season....

They won't be there for long, Rovers have already been to the Ewood Arms and told Jerry to get them down due to copyrighting. He also got told to take down the rovers badges from the windows.

Is that right? if so the fans forum members need to take this up, and tell the club its a disgrace, we're trying to take Ewood back FFS. :angry:

There should definately be a flag outside the Aqueduct.

This one.

CAL-1851_med.jpg

Yep, my dad told me after he went in the ewood arms that jerry had told him that rovers had told him to get them down due to copyrighting as they weren't bought by rovers. Just heard sorry it was trading standards that had been in, they had recieved a complaint by rovers.

Miserable sods if true! <_<

copyright is not an issue if bought from an official source!

the Claret flower boxes should be trashed though, Jack Straw get your act together and bollock the council

:rover:

Well, sometimes you wonder. The club wants support, you support the club and what happens.

If these stories are true, time would be better spend commenting on claret and blue flower baskets (they are 'blue'ish and white up by the motorway); looking to the lampost banners which as has been said, are looking tatty; doing some work on the historical relic (true) that is the rusty 'reception sign' and CLEANING UP THE BLACKBURN END FACADE WHICH IS STILL FILTHY A YEAR AFTER I COMPLAINED ABOUT IT :angry:

If indeed the pubs are flouting copyright, why doesn't the club get together with the landlords/owners of them to come up with something that they CAN do that is within copyright or is that too difficult?

Sometimes I wonder why any of us bother.

I drive through Ewood ever now and then and the first thing I notice is just how tatty things look, from the signs on the stands to the flags on the lamp posts. I guess people spending each and every day at the club just don’t notice how things look.

As for the pubs, its pathetic, maybe the club should consider stocking the Rovers emblems on the windows of the Ewood arms, they look really good I think. But then again they’re in direct competition for the trade with the blues bar, so they have a reason to have a go I guess.

Take back Ewood, but only on the clubs terms, pathetic.

I drive through Ewood ever now and then and the first thing I notice is just how tatty things look, from the signs on the stands to the flags on the lamp posts. I guess people spending each and every day at the club just don’t notice how things look.

As for the pubs, its pathetic, maybe the club should consider stocking the Rovers emblems on the windows of the Ewood arms, they look really good I think. But then again they’re in direct competition for the trade with the blues bar, so they have a reason to have a go I guess.

Take back Ewood, but only on the clubs terms, pathetic.

Taking back Ewood is related to the ground, not the surrounding area. I think the Rovers flags hanging from the lamp posts look well (although I don't drive through Ewood too often) and especially the sign on the slip road from the motorway 'Proud Home of Blackburn Rovers' looks great. The council and residents are the only people who can improve the area of Ewood itself.

There is an issue with copyright, just like with any business. There would be uproar if market traders were knocking out counterfeit Rovers tops just round the corner from the new Rovers store in town and this is the same as local pubs sporting flags and badges that are not official merchandise.

I appreciate that the pubs around Ewood should be Rovers pubs and should sport the Rovers colours and crest but this has to be done by going down the correct channels. All that is needed is for the relevant parties to contact the Rovers marketing/commercial dept and get any memorabilia approved by the club. I'm sure the club will be happy to work with local businesses to promote the club.

Taking back Ewood is related to the ground, not the surrounding area. I think the Rovers flags hanging from the lamp posts look well (although I don't drive through Ewood too often) and especially the sign on the slip road from the motorway 'Proud Home of Blackburn Rovers' looks great. The council and residents are the only people who can improve the area of Ewood itself.

There is an issue with copyright, just like with any business. There would be uproar if market traders were knocking out counterfeit Rovers tops just round the corner from the new Rovers store in town and this is the same as local pubs sporting flags and badges that are not official merchandise.

I appreciate that the pubs around Ewood should be Rovers pubs and should sport the Rovers colours and crest but this has to be done by going down the correct channels. All that is needed is for the relevant parties to contact the Rovers marketing/commercial dept and get any memorabilia approved by the club. I'm sure the club will be happy to work with local businesses to promote the club.

I agree that the sign at the slip road of the motorway is impressive but the flags are really starting to look tacky and some of them have come loose from the bottom attachment.

Taking back Ewood is aimed at the stadium granted, but why should it not mean the Ewood area and infact Blackburn itself ? The club shop in the town centre is excellent and a great idea imo.

Those of us that live in the Blackburn area know mostly that the club is what makes most of us proud to live here, so why not celebrate that fact ?

And comparing a market tradesman selling fake merchandise, to a pub displaying a Rovers flag doesn't work for me sorry. Fair enough though, they should have bought the flag from the club shop but maybe Rovers should offer flags to the nearby pubs so they can display their pride. It would also serve as free advertisment maybe.

You've not seen the flags recently then, they're looking tatty and need replacing. If you're going to make the effort putting them up you need to maintain them. We've got players on thousands a week, it doesn't cost much to maintain a few flags.

As for copyright, we're talking about 10 or so small stickers on a pub window, not exactly a printing press churning out replica shirts. They'd need to also take issue with several local businesses, who all sport Rovers paintings not bought in the club shop, its rubbish in my opinion.

Archived