BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood Area

Do you really think claret bins are going to turn everybody into Burnley fans overnight? Let's credit people with a bit more gumption

The club shop is better now in terms of quality and range than it has been for years, including flags - they've even asked us what we'd like to see in the shop. Short of giving the stuff away what more can they do?

Money is tight for the club, especially with their progressive season ticket pricing structure - it seems perfectly reasonable that they should clamp down on pirate merchandise when they have such a small market for such product compared to their peers

Since becoming a unitary authority BwD have really got their act together - compare them to others - and, whilst Rome wasn't built in a day, they are going in the right direction to address many of the underlying problems the town faces. To hold them responsible for the state of the Ewood area (which is not actually as bad as is being painted on this thread) rather than decades of habitation, use and evolution seems harsh.

This thread reads like a whinge too far to me

No, of course they are not. It is the principle of the matter though. Claret does not have a place on Blackburn doorsteps.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is just another colour - not a bad one in its own right - as long as it doesn't come with grey as was so prevalent in the '80s or doesn't come with light blue in a football shirt which is bad taste gone too far. Other than that I don't mind seeing claret anywhere. It's better than the shades of grey and the black that seem such a popular fashion choice amongst the 15-24 age group at the moment.

It is just another colour - not a bad one in its own right - as long as it doesn't come with grey as was so prevalent in the '80s or doesn't come with light blue in a football shirt which is bad taste gone too far. Other than that I don't mind seeing claret anywhere. It's better than the shades of grey and the black that seem such a popular fashion choice amongst the 15-24 age group at the moment.

Thanks for the enlightenment Gok ;)

i hope your refering to the ASBO riddled Chavs

I drive through Ewood ever now and then and the first thing I notice is just how tatty things look, from the signs on the stands to the flags on the lamp posts. I guess people spending each and every day at the club just don’t notice how things look.

As for the pubs, its pathetic, maybe the club should consider stocking the Rovers emblems on the windows of the Ewood arms, they look really good I think. But then again they’re in direct competition for the trade with the blues bar, so they have a reason to have a go I guess.

Take back Ewood, but only on the clubs terms, pathetic.

OI GAV!

What more do you want, a free pie and a programme and a coke can to p1ss in for those away travel days?

^_^

We should have more statues around the immediate area of the ground acknowledging some of the legends that have played for the club, Douglas, Crompton, Clayton, Garner, etc.

We should have more flags around the place to celebrate our cup wins and European games, etc.

You're spot on there fella!

Do you really think claret bins are going to turn everybody into Burnley fans overnight? Let's credit people with a bit more gumption

The club shop is better now in terms of quality and range than it has been for years, including flags - they've even asked us what we'd like to see in the shop. Short of giving the stuff away what more can they do?

Money is tight for the club, especially with their progressive season ticket pricing structure - it seems perfectly reasonable that they should clamp down on pirate merchandise when they have such a small market for such product compared to their peers

Since becoming a unitary authority BwD have really got their act together - compare them to others - and, whilst Rome wasn't built in a day, they are going in the right direction to address many of the underlying problems the town faces. To hold them responsible for the state of the Ewood area (which is not actually as bad as is being painted on this thread) rather than decades of habitation, use and evolution seems harsh.

This thread reads like a whinge too far to me

You need to go back and read the thread as you've missed the point by a country mile, its living in them there hills I tell thee :D

The club shop has got perfectly good flags available, and more importantly the marketing team had asked for a thread to be set up on this messageboard to see what fans want in the shop. You can't ask for more than that.

Shouldn't the club be going for the people who produce and sell the counterfeight products rather than the soft target of the people who have bought them? Suppose a ST holder turned up with a scarf or shirt bought on the street. Would he get turned away? Would he hellaslike. Is it possiblke that the pubs displaying this stuff are doing so with the intention of attracting BRFC fans whilst deterring away fans?

Shouldn't the club be going for the people who produce and sell the counterfeight products rather than the soft target of the people who have bought them? Suppose a ST holder turned up with a scarf or shirt bought on the street. Would he get turned away? Would he hellaslike. Is it possiblke that the pubs displaying this stuff are doing so with the intention of attracting BRFC fans whilst deterring away fans?

Rules are rules, if there are counterfeit goods being banded about then the club has the right to investigate, and word has that Trading Standards paid a visit to the Ewood Arms, nobody actually knows if it was fake Rovers goods or possibly cold tea in the whiskey bottle. We also don't know what has happened previous to Trading Standards visiting the pub, or in fact if they ever have. We are getting all het up about a rumour.

All this has been blown out of all proportion. Of course our local pubs should be supporting the club and the club supporting the local pubs. Let's just see what the club have to say about the matter and go from there.

If the club do have an issue with the Ewood Arms, then why are they not also 'sending Trading Standards' to the Fox and Hounds?

i also hear that the club is attempting to ban fast food logos (and therefore it's consumption) inside the ground as it's somehow bizarrely being classed as free advertising. Maybe that's not the real reason, does anyone know more? However i think it's a good move and could increase match day revenue at the concourse kiosks.

i also hear that the club is attempting to ban fast food logos (and therefore it's consumption) inside the ground as it's somehow bizarrely being classed as free advertising. Maybe that's not the real reason, does anyone know more? However i think it's a good move and could increase match day revenue at the concourse kiosks.

What and load of bo!!ocks ... read the Fans Forum minutes from the meeting held on monday (when they are published on the site). It seems to me that too many people are quick enough to believe a rumour that they hear on here or from a friend of a friend, or from somebody they overheard having a conversation or from anybody.

What and load of bo!!ocks ... read the Fans Forum minutes from the meeting held on monday (when they are published on the site). It seems to me that too many people are quick enough to believe a rumour that they hear on here or from a friend of a friend, or from somebody they overheard having a conversation or from anybody.

i think a few row rows of pixels my be out on your screen JW as i'm sure i typed the following >

Maybe that's not the real reason, does anyone know more?

On a different topic, does anyone know the plans for the wasteland that used to be the church / school on Bolton Road outside Ewood.

It's still a no mans land full of bricks and rubble. If that is not sorted out then there is a possibility of it being used as an armoury in the event of any disturbances. That's unlikely and scare-mongering I know but it's not very sensible leaving it like that.

On a different topic, does anyone know the plans for the wasteland that used to be the church / school on Bolton Road outside Ewood.

It's still a no mans land full of bricks and rubble. If that is not sorted out then there is a possibility of it being used as an armoury in the event of any disturbances. That's unlikely and scare-mongering I know but it's not very sensible leaving it like that.

I saw a road roller going over that piece of land today. Maybe they`re planning to use it as a temporary carpark.....or preparing it for building work??

:huh:

I saw a road roller going over that piece of land today. Maybe they`re planning to use it as a temporary carpark.....or preparing it for building work??

:huh:

I heard a snippet it was going to be a temporary car park for the short term.

Isnt it owned by the church?

Sorry its not a load of bo!!ocks dannydisco is spot on with his info, all search stewards have been instructed to prevent anyone entering with anything that has free advertising, fast food logos were mentioned and pepsi / coke etc

Ive no idea what was said at the Fans Forum i only know what we were instructed to do at the stewards meeting prior to the Hibs match

When we asked about this land rovers were unwilling to say who had bought it, we were told it was owned by a company that was not BRFC but they hoped to be able to lease it for a while as a car park ,

We were assured it would be tarmaced over before the visit of our 6 fingered knuckle dragging friends

I heard a snippet it was going to be a temporary car park for the short term.

That would be a good short term use this season and if the whole area was fenced off with a beer tent inside to contain away fans, a bit like the setup at Stoke, it'd make some serous dough on most games.

I've also seen proposed plans for a huge roundabout at the other end behind McDonald's drive-thu with some fiddling about with that one way system up to the Thwaites theater, with a bus 'terminus' replacing the stretch of Bolton Rd along Ewood Arms block.

Archived