BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood Area

Is it to do with advertising? Or is it to do with taking food and drink into the ground?

Advertising was the main problem mentioned the search stewards were told to not let anyone in with for example a macdonalds bag didnt take much notice to be honest as it aint my area but to prevent free advertising was the main reason

But im guessing rovers also want fans to buy rovers pies and stuff which by the way tastes great and is stunning value for money :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever it's about, it'll work for the club as they'll get more kiosk sales in. In which case you could say the club has given with one hand (ST prices) but taken with the other. Not that it bothers me because I usually buy a pint and a pie in the ground anyway :P

I always buy much more than one pint in the ground.

The lad likes his McD's though.

What the bloody hell... Not even the cinemas prevent free advertising! Hmm... though probably because you can't see what the person next to you is eating anyway ^_^

Dont know why everyone is getting excited about this for, the vendetta against Mac Ds will make much more sense once the new sponser off the "finger lickin good stand " opps i mean Riverside is revealed ;)

With a near to full Riverside stand this season, I fully hope the club have invested in the bars in this part of the ground.

This season represents an increase in beer sales in the riverside area fully hope Finn and Williams have been on the case making the necessary improvements to this service.

Whatever it's about, it'll work for the club as they'll get more kiosk sales in. In which case you could say the club has given with one hand (ST prices) but taken with the other. Not that it bothers me because I usually buy a pint and a pie in the ground anyway :P

Many other things they can do to get more sales in - I'm sure others like me have tried to buy stuff but ran out of time because they are so darn slow.

Someone from BwDBC is at every game to ensure rovers do everything they can to enforce the rules but just how do you make 7,000 mancs sit down (except maybe score a hatful against them) any ideas most welcome

PS I dont know who John Newsham is ;)

You could abandon the game.

As it was away fans that caused the abandonment we would be awarded a 3 - 0 win surely.

I'll take that.

.... the search stewards were told to not let anyone in with for example a macdonalds bag .....

As long as they don't find the whereabouts of my hip flask i'll be OK.

Sometimes it helps to be slightly well upholstered.

• 11 months later...

Driving through Ewood last night and the flags on the lamp posts are just a complete embarrassment now, I counted 5 blowing in the wind half hanging off.

This was the start of a good initiative by the club/council but it needs maintaining, surely that’s a no brainer?

Maybe needs raising at the fans forum? Or has it been raised already?

Better quality flags I’d say, like the ones in Manchester on lamp posts, then you’d not need to maintain them as much?

Not a great advert for potential buyers.....

I wrote a column for the LT with the idea of the flags and a whole lot more which lead to me having a one to one with John Williams a couple of years back.

The club are keen but I think that they feel that as such a major asset as they are to the town, the local council should stump up as well. I had a few ideas and tried to get the ball rolling, but for one reason or another it died a death. Would be great if someone could pick up the gauntlet....

I wrote a column for the LT with the idea of the flags and a whole lot more which lead to me having a one to one with John Williams a couple of years back.

Yes you got the idea from me :tu::lol:

Driving through Ewood last night and the flags on the lamp posts are just a complete embarrassment now, I counted 5 blowing in the wind half hanging off.

This was the start of a good initiative by the club/council but it needs maintaining, surely that’s a no brainer?

Maybe needs raising at the fans forum? Or has it been raised already?

Better quality flags I’d say, like the ones in Manchester on lamp posts, then you’d not need to maintain them as much?

Not a great advert for potential buyers.....

Spooky that GAV, I did exactly the same when I drove through last night. Some of them look pristine but others are absolutely filthy and hanging off the posts like you say.

Did I? Apologies if I don't recall but fairplay if so, :blush: but the idea as a whole went much further than that and was to create a Golden (Blue and White) Mile effect on Bolton Rd, from Darwen St to the ground and maybe upto the M65 link, with flags, banners crossing the street at lampost light level depicting former greats, pics of the title win etc, billboards, blue and white flowers at every opportunity etc etc, and JW loved it. He said if he could get away with painting the road blue and white he would do it!

Needs input but still think it should happen...could be sponsored by local firms, one or two did express interest. Quickly became a bigger project than I had the resource to support, despite some keen interest from the Fans Forum, but the vision is very much still there.

I think (know for a fact) that if the town stumped up the cash and the willing and effort the club would meet them halfway...

Did I? Apologies if I don't recall but fairplay if so, :blush: but the idea as a whole went much further than that and was to create a Golden (Blue and White) Mile effect on Bolton Rd, from Darwen St to the ground and maybe upto the M65 link, with flags, banners crossing the street at lampost light level depicting former greats, pics of the title win etc, billboards, blue and white flowers at every opportunity etc etc, and JW loved it. He said if he could get away with painting the road blue and white he would do it!

Needs input but still think it should happen...could be sponsored by local firms, one or two did express interest. Quickly became a bigger project than I had the resource to support, despite some keen interest from the Fans Forum, but the vision is very much still there.

I think (know for a fact) that if the town stumped up the cash and the willing and effort the club would meet them halfway...

Not at all, I was only joking.

Its been discussed on here many times and I have to agree fully with what you're saying, Ewood should be a celebration of all things Blackburn Rovers, but you’d have to consider local residents.

I’m of the opinion that anything turning the area into Roverville would be great, but the club would need to pay and maintain, not the council.

NFL teams have the whole areas around the stadium littered with bars, cafes and tributes to greats past and present, whilst I’m not daft enough to think that would be possible, something along those lines would attract supporters to the ground before games much earlier for me, and on non match days also.

Just a thought

Forgot to mention earlier but at the time I even made contact with Wayne Hemmingway who as a pioneer of modern urban regeneration, and a Rovers fan said he thought the idea was fantastic and would actively support the idea and be on hand to offer advice.

I really feel strongly about making this work but other commitments make it impossible for me to dedicate the time and input required. However if someone else wants to give it a go I would be happy to support to my best ability in the background, and share the ideas I have.

Not at all, I was only joking.

Its been discussed on here many times and I have to agree fully with what you're saying, Ewood should be a celebration of all things Blackburn Rovers, but you’d have to consider local residents.

I’m of the opinion that anything turning the area into Roverville would be great, but the club would need to pay and maintain, not the council.

NFL teams have the whole areas around the stadium littered with bars, cafes and tributes to greats past and present, whilst I’m not daft enough to think that would be possible, something along those lines would attract supporters to the ground before games much earlier for me, and on non match days also.

Just a thought

But the club was there before the residents ... :angry2: I live fairly close to a motorway, perhaps I should ask them to close it down because I can hear it if my windows are open <_<

But the club was there before the residents ... :angry2: I live fairly close to a motorway, perhaps I should ask them to close it down because I can hear it if my windows are open <_<

They're called 'NIMBY's... 'Not in my back yard' for anyone who doesn't know what that means. It happens all over, people buy a house next to an established race track and then complain when they hear cars, bikes etc racing around. There'll be a few like that around Ewood but if you buy a house there, what do you expect?

They're called 'NIMBY's... 'Not in my back yard' for anyone who doesn't know what that means. It happens all over, people buy a house next to an established race track and then complain when they here cars, bikes etc racing around. There'll be a few like that around Ewood but if you buy a house there, what do you expect?

Exactly. As far as I'm concerned TOUGH. (and I've lived in worse places than next to a football stadium - although I did once have one at the end of my street - but I CHOSE to live there and got on with it)

I agree with you, but still you'd have to consider the residents, ask opinion then do it anyway, regardless of the reply :tu:

I really feel strongly about making this work but other commitments make it impossible for me to dedicate the time and input required. However if someone else wants to give it a go I would be happy to support to my best ability in the background, and share the ideas I have.

Not that strongly though eh? ;)

Archived