BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood Area

Im not happy if the club have taken the stance on this - if so its pathetic. I understand copyright, but if the club doesnt sell it, then what can they expect?

People want to be proud, proud to show off the colours of the team and the logo - but the club dont want that because they havent profitted from it?! Bizarre!!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that the sign at the slip road of the motorway is impressive

Taking back Ewood is aimed at the stadium granted, but why should it not mean the Ewood area and infact Blackburn itself ? The club shop in the town centre is excellent and a great idea imo.

Those of us that live in the Blackburn area know mostly that the club is what makes most of us proud to live here, so why not celebrate that fact ?

Spot on :tu:

I'm sure the club will be happy to work with local businesses to promote the club.

Which is, hopefully, what the club is actually doing rather than sending Trading Standards to them in the first place...

Spot on :tu:

I'm not arguing and not having a go, I'm Blackburn born and bread, love the club to bits and love my town.

Surely you can't expect the Rovers to start tidying up the town that has been ripped apart over the years by all different walks of life and failing trade and industry? I think Rovers have excelled in what they have done already by making football affordable to the real fans. You can't expect them to start splashing out on the surrounding area when the council and local housing associations are not willing to improve the area can you?

The copyright thing is a bit petty but rules are rules, the club will surely support the local businesses by approving Rovers memorabilia for the surrounding pubs to ensure it complies with rovers marketing and sponsorship requirements.

I'm not arguing and not having a go, I'm Blackburn born and bread, love the club to bits and love my town.

Surely you can't expect the Rovers to start tidying up the town that has been ripped apart over the years by all different walks of life and failing trade and industry? I think Rovers have excelled in what they have done already by making football affordable to the real fans. You can't expect them to start splashing out on the surrounding area when the council and local housing associations are not willing to improve the area can you?

The copyright thing is a bit petty but rules are rules, the club will surely support the local businesses by approving Rovers memorabilia for the surrounding pubs to ensure it complies with rovers marketing and sponsorship requirements.

if the club shop sold car stickers in stead of filling there shelfs with crap tshirts because thats all i see when i go in , ho at stupid prices and decent flags and different stuffs people wouldnt do this would they

Well, sometimes you wonder. The club wants support, you support the club and what happens.

If these stories are true, time would be better spend commenting on claret and blue flower baskets (they are 'blue'ish and white up by the motorway); looking to the lampost banners which as has been said, are looking tatty; doing some work on the historical relic (true) that is the rusty 'reception sign' and CLEANING UP THE BLACKBURN END FACADE WHICH IS STILL FILTHY A YEAR AFTER I COMPLAINED ABOUT IT :angry:

If indeed the pubs are flouting copyright, why doesn't the club get together with the landlords/owners of them to come up with something that they CAN do that is within copyright or is that too difficult?

Sometimes I wonder why any of us bother.

I believe that I have read on this board that a few have emailed JW on various subjects - maybe the flag in pubs issue is one that should be raised.

Is that right? if so the fans forum members need to take this up, and tell the club its a disgrace, we're trying to take Ewood back FFS. :angry:

Gav's got it right.

Everyone is jumping up and down on hear say. Lets get the clubs side of things. There may be other issues involved - however I'm not going to speculate

if the club shop sold car stickers in stead of filling there shelfs with crap tshirts because thats all i see when i go in , ho at stupid prices and decent flags and different stuffs people wouldnt do this would they

The club shop has got perfectly good flags available, and more importantly the marketing team had asked for a thread to be set up on this messageboard to see what fans want in the shop. You can't ask for more than that.

get the Club to supply Rovers logo window stickers to all local pubs for nowt...I want to see them all over Blackburn, except scum Manc pubs like the Brown Cow and The Beehive.

News to me but we always go in the Brown Cow before the game and it's full of Rovers fans. I've never seen any mention of anything Manc apart from the occasional away fan... :huh::D

News to me but we always go in the Brown Cow before the game and it's full of Rovers fans. I've never seen any mention of anything Manc apart from the occasional away fan... :huh::D

Ivan, it is that the landlords of both pubs are mad Manc fans...and they turn them into Manc pubs when we play the redrags at Ewood.

Ivan, it is that the landlords of both pubs are mad Manc fans...and they turn them into Manc pubs when we play the redrags at Ewood.

I've been in the Brown Cow loads of times over the past 9 years and I don't ever remember the pub being a Scum one come match day v them...

I'm not asking for the club to tidy up the town, but the area around the ground should be predominantly Rovers branded in my opinion, resident approval required maybe. If this has to start with the few forward thinking landlords from the local boozers then great. For the club to then kick up a fuss over a few stickers is pathetic in my eyes.

I’d love to see the whole of the Ewood area blue and white, a celebration of our history, it would make the whole home game experience better in my eyes. I don’t live far from the ground but I’d spend more time on match days in the area if it was full of everything Blackburn Rovers.

It’s a pity we don’t have more space, the car park across the fox and hounds could be leveled and a big screen put up, like the one in Manchester, which advertises on non match days and shows similar to the big screen in the ground on match days. Not everyone wants to go in the ground early, so that being designated a drinking area linked to the local pubs and showing games would be great. Obviously you have to consider the weather, just a thought.

We should have more statues around the immediate area of the ground acknowledging some of the legends that have played for the club, Douglas, Crompton, Clayton, Garner, etc.

We should have more flags around the place to celebrate our cup wins and European games, etc.

I understand that the council need to be involved, and as I’ve already mentioned, with claret bins you’ve got to wonder who’s making decisions down there, but the club needs to take a lead role in all of this, until that happens we’ve no chance of making further improvements.

I don't think they turn the pubs into Manc pubs, but they do invite Utd fans to the pubs before the game at ours.

I don't think they turn the pubs into Manc pubs, but they do invite Utd fans to the pubs before the game at ours.

Fair enough Gav. On the subject of the ewood Area it would be nice if someone sent this thread to JW so he could understand how pathetic people think their approach to the Ewood Arms logos are, and that we want o to see more Rovers around the area!!

Fair enough Gav. On the subject of the ewood Area it would be nice if someone sent this thread to JW so he could understand how pathetic people think their approach to the Ewood Arms logos are, and that we want o to see more Rovers around the area!!

The council charge Rovers extortionate rates to 'fly the flag' and to show our colours in the area. The council see it as a corporate package advertising the club or 'business'. sadly it seems the council don't follow the Rovers like we do, but it would be good to view our opinions to JW and also to the council chiefs who just want to make a quick buck out of anything they can.

If the leaders of the council in Blackburn were as proud as we are of our club this wouldn't be too much of an issue.

The council charge Rovers extortionate rates to 'fly the flag' and to show our colours in the area. The council see it as a corporate package advertising the club or 'business'. sadly it seems the council don't follow the Rovers like we do, but it would be good to view our opinions to JW and also to the council chiefs who just want to make a quick buck out of anything they can.

If the leaders of the council in Blackburn were as proud as we are of our club this wouldn't be too much of an issue.

The council has allot to answer for by all accounts, if Rovers fans kicked up a bit of a fuss you'd soon see them helping instead of hindering, plenty of voters attend the games.

You do get the feeling that the club and council don’t really get on, which is a pity and puts up unnecessary barriers.

Claret bins for Gods sake :(

Gav's got it right.

Everyone is jumping up and down on hear say. Lets get the clubs side of things. There may be other issues involved - however I'm not going to speculate

It's the Fans Forum on Monday night - I''ll raise it there.

The Ewood Arms Logo-gate is a shambles, but I actually like having a claret bin. Burnley are full of sh1t ain't they?

I know what you're saying, but whoever thought claret bins should be distributed around the town should be fired on the spot. You’ve got to be in touch with the towns folk and clearly whoever made this decision hasn’t got a clue about the town.

You'd not see blue and white bins in burnley thats for sure, the council is practically branded claret and blue.

I know what you're saying, but whoever thought claret bins should be distributed around the town should be fired on the spot. You’ve got to be in touch with the towns folk and clearly whoever made this decision hasn’t got a clue about the town.

You'd not see blue and white bins in burnley thats for sure, the council is practically branded claret and blue.

Claret has no place in Blackburn whatsoever. The only time there should be any claret in our town is when Villa & West Ham are in town and of course when the knuckledraggers have their 10 yearly ties with us before they yet again disappear into the depths of the lower leagues...

The Beehive guy (Barry) is a Manc & he had the Brown Cow until a month ago.

It`s not a Man Utd owned pub now. Not sure of the new owners` allegiances tho....:hu:

I will investigate...;)

Do you really think claret bins are going to turn everybody into Burnley fans overnight? Let's credit people with a bit more gumption

The club shop is better now in terms of quality and range than it has been for years, including flags - they've even asked us what we'd like to see in the shop. Short of giving the stuff away what more can they do?

Money is tight for the club, especially with their progressive season ticket pricing structure - it seems perfectly reasonable that they should clamp down on pirate merchandise when they have such a small market for such product compared to their peers

Since becoming a unitary authority BwD have really got their act together - compare them to others - and, whilst Rome wasn't built in a day, they are going in the right direction to address many of the underlying problems the town faces. To hold them responsible for the state of the Ewood area (which is not actually as bad as is being painted on this thread) rather than decades of habitation, use and evolution seems harsh.

This thread reads like a whinge too far to me

Archived