BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood Area

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When we asked about this land rovers were unwilling to say who had bought it, we were told it was owned by a company that was not BRFC but they hoped to be able to lease it for a while as a car park ,

We were assured it would be tarmaced over before the visit of our 6 fingered knuckle dragging friends

Why werent Rovers willing to say who had bought it ? Would they be embarrassed when it all becomes clear who owns it.The secrecy behind it all why?

Whats being hidden from the public.

When we asked about this land rovers were unwilling to say who had bought it, we were told it was owned by a company that was not BRFC but they hoped to be able to lease it for a while as a car park ,

We were assured it would be tarmaced over before the visit of our 6 fingered knuckle dragging friends

OK. Thanks for the info.

Superb, if we are bothered about Section 18, then Im sure that the issue of 7000 Mancs standing for 90 mins will have been well and truly dealt with.

Or are Rovers taking the heavy hand with the wrong issues?

We are more than happy to enforce section 10 (standing) we have been instructed on many occasions not to do so, these instructions come direct from the police inspecter in charge on the day.

Its not just a manc thing infact its quite weird when we get the odd away following that sit down

Why werent Rovers willing to say who had bought it ? Would they be embarrassed when it all becomes clear who owns it.The secrecy behind it all why?

Whats being hidden from the public.

My personal guess would have been tesco paid a lot of money for it, dont know how things are changed now they have a outlet on livsey branch road

Sorry its not a load of bo!!ocks dannydisco is spot on with his info, all search stewards have been instructed to prevent anyone entering with anything that has free advertising, fast food logos were mentioned and pepsi / coke etc

Ive no idea what was said at the Fans Forum i only know what we were instructed to do at the stewards meeting prior to the Hibs match

So what happens to all the people who are wearing nike/adidas/anything that is not umbro jumpers and tshirts?

Who takes in any food with a logo that is big enough to be seen other than by the person next to them?

All seems very daft to me. Surely we have better things to worry about?

We are more than happy to enforce section 10 (standing) we have been instructed on many occasions not to do so, these instructions come direct from the police inspecter in charge on the day.

Its not just a manc thing infact its quite weird when we get the odd away following that sit down

Im buggered if I wear my Nike coat with the swoosh across the back then?

EDIT - Bloody clare got in there first!?

Are you John Newsham? Or are you a steward?

Nb- Can the police over rule the club in a decision re matchday policy?

What about this fella? New Season Ticket in the Darwen End, will he get in?

article-0-002ED15C00000258-34_233x400.jpg

Seriously, just how many people do Rovers want to alienate. I can't actually believe what I've read on here about the club reporting the local pubs for putting Rovers stickers up? Is someone taking the p1ss?!? If this is true then honestly someone at the club wants to hang their head in shame. Who the bloody hell do they think they are?

If the problem is copyright then try selling the bloody things to begin with.

Are you John Newsham? Or are you a steward?

Nb- Can the police over rule the club in a decision re matchday policy?

erm guess what happens when you ask a manc supporter to please sit down ............. i would guess they may need a bit of help to either sit down or leave the ground and there aint a lot of cells at greenbank and a very long wait at our super hospital

Rovers follow the rules laid down by the council when granting them a safety cert which is why they have the stupid tannoy messages about remaining seated which just makes everyone sing stand up if you love man u etc etc

Someone from BwDBC is at every game to ensure rovers do everything they can to enforce the rules but just how do you make 7,000 mancs sit down (except maybe score a hatful against them) any ideas most welcome

PS I dont know who John Newsham is ;)

What about this fella? New Season Ticket in the Darwen End, will he get in?

article-0-002ED15C00000258-34_233x400.jpg

Yes off course he can but only if i get to bite his head off um um

On a different topic, does anyone know the plans for the wasteland that used to be the church / school on Bolton Road outside Ewood.

It's still a no mans land full of bricks and rubble. If that is not sorted out then there is a possibility of it being used as an armoury in the event of any disturbances. That's unlikely and scare-mongering I know but it's not very sensible leaving it like that.

Hopefully removed before the match against the Dingles!

Easy. You move em out row by row if they don't sit down. Enough police hanging about being paid for doing nowt, they can be outside to receive those ejected. The message will soon get through.

Regarding the logo stuff - I trust the away fans are incuded in this inspection in case they are carrying packets of polos or (shock, horror) packets of Wrigley's (though somehow I doubt it)?

My personal guess would have been tesco paid a lot of money for it, dont know how things are changed now they have a outlet on livsey branch road

A story doing the rounds at Ewood is the club submitted planning permision for development of the land, thought somebody on here could be more specific about who does own the land.

Any feedback?

I asked about the removal of non Rovers approved merchandise at the Ewood Arms and Tom Finn was not aware that anything had been instigated by the club, but he wouldn't rule out that it could have been. He said that if it had happened it would have been Trading Standards acting on the request of either the club or the Premier League. The Premier League are very keen on cutting out any unauthorised use of either their logos and trademarks or their clubs.

On the land behind the Darwen end we have been asking at every Fans Forum meeting for about a year now. The club were hopeful of using it as a temporary car park towards the end of last season but it hasn't happened yet. They will only say that they do not own the land so cannot make any progress. My guess is that they are in the process of buying it but it's buried in some legal issues - that's only my speculation though.

A story doing the rounds at Ewood is the club submitted planning permision for development of the land, thought somebody on here could be more specific about who does own the land.

Not seen any applications for that, which would (i'm guessing) have to be made public by BwD Council.

A quick look shows recent applications/awards are for phone masts, new directional signage and also the business incubation Centre in the Darwen End.

Enough police hanging about being paid for doing nowt, they can be outside to receive those ejected.

The police are far to busy trying to become the next Steven Spielberg with the amount of film they waste on people just enjoying a pint in the pub.

Now that’s real police work :rock:

The land where the church/primary school used to be has been compacted over the last day or two by a gang of two people and a vibrating roller.

So very possible it could be used over the weekend. Only problem i see is when some fans get abit aggressive and pick the bricks from the ground and start chucking them.

I just hope they chuck some tarmac down over it to cover it(one with lumps of stones in it).

Could be possible to put some sort of complaint/advice about this into the club as property could be damaged otherwise(cars/vans/coaches/houses).

The land where the church/primary school used to be has been compacted over the last day or two by a gang of two people and a vibrating roller.

So very possible it could be used over the weekend. Only problem i see is when some fans get abit aggressive and pick the bricks from the ground and start chucking them.

I just hope they chuck some tarmac down over it to cover it(one with lumps of stones in it).

Could be possible to put some sort of complaint/advice about this into the club as property could be damaged otherwise(cars/vans/coaches/houses).

The land has been in that state for some time now and I'm not aware of any of the rubble being thrown around. I'm sure it will be covered with tarmac for the visit of the knuckledraggers though.

Not seen any applications for that, which would (i'm guessing) have to be made public by BwD Council.

A quick look shows recent applications/awards are for phone masts, new directional signage and also the business incubation Centre in the Darwen End.

It stopped at the inquiry stage.

We go in the Brown Cow before the games at Ewood and they are mank U fans. I repeatedly tell the lad not to serve my pint due to his mank u tattoo spoiling my lager ^_^

not anymore. New land lord & land lady.

I`ve yet to find out where his loyalties lie

BRFC Casuals now as a steward?

A real case of poacher turned gamekeeper. Maybe you want to get a few of your mates in for the Burnley game and let the fun commence??

Not sure what you mean by poacher turned gamekeeper ???? as for letting my mates in i havent got any and if i did they wouldnt have six fingers :huh:

Archived