BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Bets 09-10

A couple of nights ago I had a dream I was watching Wolfsburg against United. Dzeko scored first and United won 2-1. I have no idea why I would dream such a thing. I looked at the odds yesterday (on Paddy Power) and they were 80-1 for that scenario and I thought 'I'm not wasting money just because of a dream'. Now I'm kicking myself.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madrid, United, Porto, Bordeux wins along with the bayern draw pocketed me a small win. I could only see a draw in that juve game.

You should have warned me of that mate! I lost out on a potential small fortune because Bayern only drew last night (I had them to win)! I had six others come home too..gutted.

A couple of nights ago I had a dream I was watching Wolfsburg against United. Dzeko scored first and United won 2-1. I have no idea why I would dream such a thing. I looked at the odds yesterday (on Paddy Power) and they were 80-1 for that scenario and I thought 'I'm not wasting money just because of a dream'. Now I'm kicking myself.

Any dreams for this weekend leftwinger ;)? Hopefully it will be of a 90th minute winner for Rovers at the Emirates.

Didn't get chance to bet last night, was stuck on the M60 on my way home from work.

I'll try to make up for it tonight!

A. Vienna, Fenerbache, PSV, Shakhtar Donesk, Ajax, Galatasaray, Hamburg all to win; 20/1

Outsiders; Steaua Bucharest, Levski Sofia, Salzburg, Hertha Berlin all to win; 494/1

Draws; AEK Athens, FC copenhagen, Celtic, S. Prague all to draw; 120/1

Two accumulators on for tonight;

£5 on the 6pm kick-offs...

BATE Vs Everton 8/11

FC Twente Vs Steaua Bucharest 4/6

PSV Vs FC Cluj 4/7

Werder Bremen Vs Athletic Bilbao 6/10

£10 on the 8.05pm kick-offs...

Celtic Vs Rapid Vienna 4/7

Fulham Vs FC Basle 5/6

Sporting Lisbon Vs Hertha Berlin 4/9

Thought the Fulham odds were quite generous considering the prices other games are generating. Celtic and Sporting are not 'nailed-on' certs by any means but have been given very shorts odds in comparison.

I've separated my selections to ensure I still have a sweat going come the later matches. Nothing worse than having your bet beat early doors.

• 2 weeks later...

David Dunn is 12/1 for the first goal on Sunday with Betfred. That seems a huge price for someone likely to be playing off the forward, in great scoring form and the likely penalty taker. Not to mention he's desperate to score against Burnley!

David Dunn is 12/1 for the first goal on Sunday with Betfred. That seems a huge price for someone likely to be playing off the forward, in great scoring form and the likely penalty taker. Not to mention he's desperate to score against Burnley!

Good odds that, he's 8/1 1st goal with skybet and 16/1 to score a brace.

Today's accumulator - Arsenal, Everton, Bristol City, Hereford, Histon and Sunderland. £3.65 on betfair returns £206.55. It's Hereford to beat Chesterfield and Sunderland to beat Liverpool that bumps the odds up. Think Sunderland are worth a punt with no Torres or Gerrard and the likes of Mascherano having played in South America during the week. 6 home wins.

I've gone for John Terry to score first 2 quid at 22/1

Dunn to score first insured 3 quid 17/2

draws in stoke, sunderland, valencia and portsmouth games 1 quid returns 130

ajax, psv, lyon, madrid, man utd, everton, arsenal returns 40

mk dons, colchester, charlton, cardiff, wba, newcastle, spurs, manutd, everton, arsenal 2 quid returns 300ish

I've gone for John Terry to score first 2 quid at 22/1

Dunn to score first insured 3 quid 17/2

draws in stoke, sunderland, valencia and portsmouth games 1 quid returns 130

ajax, psv, lyon, madrid, man utd, everton, arsenal returns 40

mk dons, colchester, charlton, cardiff, wba, newcastle, spurs, manutd, everton, arsenal 2 quid returns 300ish

It looked like i'd gone bust for this weekends bets but like rovers i returned with a bang, dunns goal got my 3 quid back, stuck that on a man city wigan draw, espanyol and mallorca to win and got me self 40 quid. First time I've ever won an accumulator!

Archived