BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Bets 09-10

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been having a look at tomorrow's fixtures and I'm going to put some of these together for an accumulator:

Villarreal - Real Madrid

Inter - Napoli

Villa - Cardiff

Chelsea - QPR

Preston - Spurs

Falkirk - Celtic

Queen of the South - Rangers

Man City - Fulham

Man UTD - Wolves

Anybody had any thoughts on what they'll bet tomorrow?

Wouldn't feel to confident about Spuds beating Preston to be honest. Preston have a superb home record (only lost 1 in their last 20 league games at home) plus the fact that Spuds have a lot of defenders out injured.

I was tempted by Deadly Dirk's 5/1 tip yesterday (Arsenal <h>, Liverpool <a> and Rovers <a>). Placed a tenner in Ladbrokes on the way home from work last night. Cheers Dirk!

Also have an online account with William Hill. On Saturday I had a moment of madness and put £125 on Villa to beat Pompey to win £50, then withdrew my £125 to leave me free to play their own money against them. I stuck the £50 on Arsenal last night which has now been increased to £70. I'll have a look at tonight's fixtures to see if there are any stand-out certs worth risking it all on.

Decided to go with this accumulator in the end:

Villarreal - Real Madrid

Inter - Napoli

Falkirk - Celtic

Queen of the South - Rangers

Man City - Fulham

Real are ###### hot at the moment, while Inter at home is a relatively safe bet. I've got no idea what teams Celtic and Rangers will field, but they should still be more than good enough to see off bottom of the league and a second division team. Finally, City showed at Palace that they are taking the competition very seriously, while Fulham, by all accounts, are set to rest players for this one.

I don't think odds of 4.72 are bad for that selection.

Won a bit over 500 last night with a Rovers, Liverpool, Arsenal, Pompey and Stoke combo. Never before has a man in a bar in Paris celebrated a Stoke goal like that.

Tonight seems tough for picks.

How much did you put on to get that back?

Working 15 hour days is no fun, haven't had barely a second to spare to post on here lately, managed to place a few bets though still and did alright.

Tip for tomorrow

Tuesday 22nd September

Arsenal vs West Brom

Leeds vs Liverpool

Forest vs Rovers

5/1

Almost seems too good to be true, Arsenal should win I feel even with a weakened team, we have a lot to play for in terms of first team places so I expect us to get the win and surely even with Rafa tinkering they can beat a Leeds side 2 leagues below them. 5/1 is a great price for this treble but I'm still a little wary of the team selections.

Cheers for that tip, I won a few quid after reading this yesterday !!

Wow, your brave. I dont have the balls to bet more than £10 on a good day.

Yeah, it was a bit of a risk. When Pompey were down 1-0 after about 5 minutes and Stoke were losing 2-0 with 15 to go I wasn't feeling so great about it, not to mention when the Stoke game went to 3-3.

How about a little betting competition? I have one of these going with my friends and thought a few on here might be interested.

Basically everyone has 50 pounds to be with, which they can use to bet on whatever they want and we will see who has made the most profits over the period of time that we play. It's always interesting and it leads people to bet 5/6 pounds on games that only return .20/.30p which makes gambling a bit more fun even when there isn't much to win.

Only rule is that you have to let everyone know of your bet before the game starts, so that now one can suddenly pop up with the 20 on some long-shot horse at 100's.

Anyone interested?

How about a little betting competition? I have one of these going with my friends and thought a few on here might be interested.

Basically everyone has 50 pounds to be with, which they can use to bet on whatever they want and we will see who has made the most profits over the period of time that we play. It's always interesting and it leads people to bet 5/6 pounds on games that only return .20/.30p which makes gambling a bit more fun even when there isn't much to win.

Only rule is that you have to let everyone know of your bet before the game starts, so that now one can suddenly pop up with the 20 on some long-shot horse at 100's.

Anyone interested?

Yeah I'm up for it if others are. All markets included or just footy?

Run it until Christmas then you pay us out in real hard cash?

All markets included. Until Christmas would be a good length of time.

Then I pay you out? I can work it that way, although that's a bit more complicated. With my friends we pool the money and do it on one account, but then we all see each other 4/5 times a week, so it's easier. On here we could simply do everyone runs their own 50, but has to post a screen shot of the bet before the start of the event. Could even then say that the winner gets a 10/20 pound stake off each participant at the end.

My best tip would be:

PSG

Villa

City

That will pay you out at about 3.5-3.7 depending on the site. Bit of a risk, but you could throw in United or City to sure it up I suppose, or maybe look at Werder Bremen or Inter or Rangers and Celtic.

Liverpool vs Hull

Portsmouth vs Everton

Tottenham vs B*rnley

Wigan vs Chelsea

Blackpool vs Peterborough

West Brom vs Palarse

Carlisle vs Southampton

Charlton vs Exeter

Leyton Orient vs Millwall

Grimsby vs Darlington

AFC Wimbeldon vs Histon

Will bring me £317.65 off a pound.

I was tempted by Deadly Dirk's 5/1 tip yesterday (Arsenal <h>, Liverpool <a> and Rovers <a>). Placed a tenner in Ladbrokes on the way home from work last night. Cheers Dirk!

Also have an online account with William Hill. On Saturday I had a moment of madness and put £125 on Villa to beat Pompey to win £50, then withdrew my £125 to leave me free to play their own money against them. I stuck the £50 on Arsenal last night which has now been increased to £70. I'll have a look at tonight's fixtures to see if there are any stand-out certs worth risking it all on.

Cheers for that tip, I won a few quid after reading this yesterday !!

Glad to be of service :) I can't believe those 3 results was 5/1, bookies slipped up there, know a few people who got on it.

Pleased to see Spuds winning for once in my life, said they wouldn't slip up against Preston.

Unfortunately I just got in from work so had to do some half time live bets for tonight. Hard to tell what way Manure and Wolves might go with them being down to 10 men.

Archived