BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Bets 09-10

I contemplated £100 on city last night as they were over 1/2. Bottled it though, but still had tevez first goal which was a good price. Unsure about this week, dont think ill be having a big bet, maybe a few small ones.

I've been doing big bets recently, only had thirty on City last night though.

I started off by putting a £1,000 bet on Spurs to beat Burnley at 1/3 on Saturday which returned £333. I withdrew my original stake and left the winnings in the online account. I then lumped £133 on Sunderland to beat Wolves which bumped the account total to £430. Took £200 out and stuck the £30-odd on City last night so I'm sitting with around £250 in the online account and have already creamed £200 for myself.

Can't believe Arsenal are only 1/5 tonight - this was my banker.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been doing big bets recently, only had thirty on City last night though.

I started off by putting a £1,000 bet on Spurs to beat Burnley at 1/3 on Saturday which returned £333. I withdrew my original stake and left the winnings in the online account. I then lumped £133 on Sunderland to beat Wolves which bumped the account total to £430. Took £200 out and stuck the £30-odd on City last night so I'm sitting with around £250 in the online account and have already creamed £200 for myself.

Can't believe Arsenal are only 1/5 tonight - this was my banker.

Your mad sloth. I know the dingles are easy money but to risk grand to return a profit of £333 is way out of my league.

Well what a let down that was. I tuned in to see how my accumulators would go at 7.45 ready for the start of the Champions League matches only to see that Inter had already played and hadn't won! Great start.

And then Leeds go and concede lateish to scupper any chances on my other one.

After a few good weeks for the punters the bookies are raking it in what with odds-on teams slipping up at the weekend and now last night.

Toying with a few combinations here;

Man Utd 4/11

Newcastle 8/11

Forest 10/11

A Forest (home to Scunthorpe) and Newcastle (home to QPR) double returns odds of just over 3/1. Debating whether to add Utd to that mix to bump it to over 4/1. All other obvious selections are poor returns - Milan 1/6, Real 1/5, Chelsea (a) 1/5.

Archived