BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview

He said the same about Paul Ince.

Given Allardyce's "tactical approach", I can't see us getting any points until Burnley on October 18th, and not thereafter until the beginning of November (another "six-pointer" against Portsmouth).

Everton (A)

Aston Villa (H)

Arsenal (A)

Burnley (H)

Chelsea (A)

Man Utd (A)

Portsmouth (H)

Everton away, villa home, arsenal away, chelsea away, man yoo away, are these not difficult games for any team whoever the manager is ?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sick of this.

I LOVE BLACKBURN ROVERS. I have my entire life. The poison infecting our club now is only going to lead to certain relegation, and God knows when, or if, we'll ever recover from it.

With Allardyce's one-dimensional, ineffective tactics, lack of ambition against the big sides and his absolute inability to attack teams, we're going to struggle severely.

The time to get rid of Allardyce was over the summer (when he was making noises about walking anyway - presumably he changed his mind after realising no other club would touch him with a barge pole). I fear for our future.

Question - If we have 6 points at the start of November, what happens then?

You come on here gloating, saying "I told you he was no good"

There's no use trying to reason with the naysayers, because their disdain for Sam and his methods is irrational and short-sighted.

We'll see who's "short-sighted" come November. Not to mention the end of the season.

(Or the end of Allardyce's reign, which will hopefully come much sooner.)

Everton away, villa home, arsenal away, chelsea away, man yoo away, are these not difficult games for any team whoever the manager is ?

Difficult games yes, but I would venture we would be much morely likely to get anything from any of them if we had a manager willing to try to win games, no matter the opposition. Allardyce's approach is so easy for good teams to defend against, and there is no "Plan B".

In this era, Premier League teams have got to be more dynamic and flexible in order to score, let alone survive.

Allardyce can play one way, and one way only.

We'll see who's "short-sighted" come November. Not to mention the end of the season.

So in November if we are in a better position than you have predicted ie mid table with a few points on the board then will you admit that maybe it's not as gloomy as you think.

I must say after seeing the stuff on Ask Admin that you have been sending on the PM facility I now view you in a much different and more sinister light. BRFC will have to be relegated before Allardyce will be sacked! You will of course have to go to Burnley to celebrate with the dingles and partake in their street parties but I can't imagine that would spoil your perverse enjoymeny for one minute.

All this crap about being BRFC's No 1 supporter is just that imo. You are not a supporter. Are you Ranulf?

I'm sick of this.

I LOVE BLACKBURN ROVERS. I have my entire life. The poison infecting our club now is only going to lead to certain relegation, and God knows when, or if, we'll ever recover from it.

With Allardyce's one-dimensional, ineffective tactics, lack of ambition against the big sides and his absolute inability to attack teams, we're going to struggle severely.

The time to get rid of Allardyce was over the summer (when he was making noises about walking anyway - presumably he changed his mind after realising no other club would touch him with a barge pole). I fear for our future.

Look, we played well generally yesterday. Some players played better than usual. There was no glaringly obvious weak link. Wolves were weak but were also very physical and imo allowed far too much leeway by the referee. I wish it wasn't Allardyce as manager because of personal antipathy towards him, but it is and it will be for various reasons for the foreseeable future. If I can get over the antipathy and get to Ewood and actually watch the football and see positives in it then why can't you? Wolves looked like relegation fodder - we didn't. Obviously there will be sterner tests and we will need to play better against better opposition. Obviously Pedersen's delivery from corners and throws is not all it should be,. Obviously we should have done better and denied Wolves their consolation goal, but since it won my daughter 13 quid I'm not complaining too much. There are still chances being created that go begging for want of a more clinical striker. But yesterday felt good and went a long way to make up for the dire nature of the performance against WHam. How about you try seeing that instead of whingeing and being a doom and gloom merchant. I like a good moan along with many Rovers fans but yesterday wasn't the match to moan about!

I take it you were not there yesterday then?

We already have 4 points. You should get good odds at yourlocal bookies if you think that applies

So in November if we are in a better position than you have predicted ie mid table with a few points on the board then will you admit that maybe it's not as gloomy as you think.

Don't be silly, that makes too much sense.

Difficult games yes, but I would venture we would be much morely likely to get anything from any of them if we had a manager willing to try to win games, no matter the opposition. Allardyce's approach is so easy for good teams to defend against, and there is no "Plan B".

In this era, Premier League teams have got to be more dynamic and flexible in order to score, let alone survive.

Allardyce can play one way, and one way only.

What exactly DO YOU WANT? There are teams that have spent a lot more money than ourselves who don't play anywhere near total football. You've spoken about a middle-ground, well do you think yesterday's goals were all contrived through "hoofball"? And we also gave Man. City a real good-go without resorting to the stereotype you label Sam with. Let's face it, you only see what you want to see, so why do you waste your breath here when everyone is tiring of your prejudice?

Deny what...? I want Alladyce out as soon as possible, and thought I'd made that pretty clear... :rock:

You didn't deny your hatred for Sam was irrational and short-sighted. You simply said 'Let's see' which equates to 'Let's hope for dear life that I'm right when everything is backed against me. And if I'm not, I can always carry on with this sorry charade.'

We already have 4 points. You should get good odds at yourlocal bookies if you think that applies

Apologies, that should have read 7 points at the beginning of November.

What exactly DO YOU WANT? There are teams that have spent a lot more money than ourselves who don't play anywhere near total football. You've spoken about a middle-ground, well do you think yesterday's goals were all contrived through "hoofball"? And we also gave Man. City a real good-go without resorting to the stereotype you label Sam with.

I want to see football players playing football! Let them off the leash, let them pass, let them express themselves, let them entertain. This rigid, military, one-dimensional crap is painful.

No, the goals yesterday weren't down to "hoofball" - they were down to poor mistakes from the opposition. We can't rely on that happening every game.

And as preference for footballing style is so subjective, our tastes clearly differ - In my opinion our "football" against Man City was utterly embarassing. I can just as easily say "you only see what you want to see". That's what having an opinion is all about.

Apologies, that should have read 7 points at the beginning of November.

I want to see football players playing football! Let them off the leash, let them pass, let them express themselves, let them entertain. This rigid, military, one-dimensional crap is painful.

No, the goals yesterday weren't down to "hoofball" - they were down to poor mistakes from the opposition. We can't rely on that happening every game.

And as preference for footballing style is so subjective, our tastes clearly differ - In my opinion our "football" against Man City was utterly embarassing. I can just as easily say "you only see what you want to see". That's what having an opinion is all about.

I prefer to be the type of person who comes away from a good 3-1 win having enjoyed it, than the type of person who has to moan and label it as one-dimensional, which it blatantly wasn't.

Spency, you moron, look up Allardyces' record against the big teams whilst at Bolton. It ends every aspect of your argument.

And the two words emboldened end every aspect of yours.

Things aren't always how they are in the past. For more recent evidence, see: "United, Newcastle."

There's no use trying to reason with the naysayers, because their disdain for Sam and his methods is irrational and short-sighted. There's little difference between the football we play, and the football 10-15 other clubs in this league play. However, because we have Mr. Sam Allardyce at the helm, the critics are immediately looking to cast aspersions on any long-ball in sight. I remember He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named cursing our tactics and demanding the team find a middle-ground in terms of style. So far, we've shown we can mix it up and play it high or low effectively. Better finishing in those matches, and we wouldn't have been treating the Wolves game so desperately.

Yet we emerged triumphant and the naysayers (chiefly He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named) can not afford Sam or the team any genuine credit. Pretty pathetic from so-called "supporters."

The Naysayers as you call them fit the dictionary definition of a bigot perfectly. namely "Bigot:- A person who is narrow minded and totally intolerant". There are more than just a few on here that fit that description when it come to the way they choose to criticise our players. They could give lessons in it to the worst cases in the West of Scotland and Northern Ireland on both sides of the divide.

I am a new fan, lured by the cheap season tickets.

I don't go with this notion that Allardyce's teams are bad to watch. It's a band wagon in my opinion, and has come about because managers and fans of other teams in the Prem hate playing against his teams and criticise what they see as anti-football. I think it's only anti-football if you are on the receiving end. I thought Rovers dominated the game yesterday, and began to play some good football. The process is still in its early stages, and there are players still waiting to come into the side, like Kalinic, who I think will do well with time, so i think the fans should be relatively optimistic.

Welcome to Rovers, good to have you and your positive slant aboard :D

I agree with you about Big Sam. Many of my mates are Bolton fans and they still can't speak highly enough of him. They don't think he played long ball, hoof ball or anti football. They all say that their time as Bolton fans has never been as exciting as when Big Sam was there.

The only people who complained were the managers and fans of the teams they beat. That'll do for me.

I loved it when Wenger complained we had been a bit too rough for them under Hughes. It meant we had got to him and played well and that's how it was was for Bolton whilst they were qualifying for Europe for the first time in their history.

As far as I am concerned the longer Big Sam stays the better - if not only because if he becomes our longest serving Manager, Spency's head may explode :lol:

Thet suggest that you didn't go yesterday. Peds ball to Roberts for the 3rd, 31 consecutive passes in the second half to the accompaniment of the crowd doing 'Oles' and some delightful crisp and mesmeric one two's between the players yet you missed it all apparently. :rolleyes:

Suggests to me Spencey that you are a fake.

And the two words emboldened end every aspect of yours.

Things aren't always how they are in the past. For more recent evidence, see: "United, Newcastle."

When he left Newcastle they were 11th. They never reached those heights again after he left. How are they doing now?

And if things aren't as they always are in the past, why are you so obsessed with how Allardyce did at Newcastle? His record at Rovers has been good, surely that's all that matters?

If you left yesterday thinking it was one dimensional, boring or whatever else then please do f**k off and support someone else, because ironically, YOU are the only poison at our football club, not the bloke who saved us from the worst position we've ever been in at Christmas in the Premier League, even worse than the year we went down.

I am a new fan, lured by the cheap season tickets. It's interesting to jump in on a club and see what the fans are saying. I get the impression that some fans are willing Allardyce to fail. Maybe past hatred of him is getting in the way?

I don't go with this notion that Allardyce's teams are bad to watch. It's a band wagon in my opinion, and has come about because managers and fans of other teams in the Prem hate playing against his teams and criticise what they see as anti-football. I think it's only anti-football if you are on the receiving end. I thought Rovers dominated the game yesterday, and began to play some good football. The process is still in its early stages, and there are players still waiting to come into the side, like Kalinic, who I think will do well with time, so i think the fans should be relatively optimistic.

I think the fans should be patient, and should also not be talking down what are encouraging signs. Some people always want to see the dark side. Sometimes it is justified, but at the moment it smacks of wanting to be proved right in a rather desperate kind of way. Either right that the club is doomed, or right that Allardyce is an idiot. Neither is the case. Get behind the team, it helps!

Great first post, completely agree!

Archived