• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-------------------Robinson------------------

--Jacobsen--Samba--Givet--Chimbonda--

----Diouf----Grella---Dunn---Pedersen----

-----------Roberts------McCarthy-----------

Subs: Brown, Nelsen, Salgado, Andrews/N'zonzi, Emerton, Hoilett, Kalinic

That looks a pretty strong team and bench (arguably minus Andrews). I'm pretty optimistic about Saturday :)

Where else is he going to play? We have 17 right backs at the club so i doubt he will be playing that position... :rolleyes:

I'd like to see him given a go in central midfield personally but who knows if Sam will give him a go there.

There's nothing that says he has to play! I agree he's poor on the right wing and would far rather see him at right back or possibly central midfield. Right wing would be a waste.

I won't be there on Saturday as I've got better things to do. Two things count in this game:

This is a bottom 10 team, so for those who support Sam's targetting of matches anything less than a win will, IMV, be a failure

We should score goals

I hope we win but if I'm honest a defeat won't surprise me in the slightest as I've seen little to convince me we can score regularly from open play.

-------------------Robinson------------------

--Jacobsen--Samba--Givet--Chimbonda--

----Diouf----Grella---Dunn---Pedersen----

-----------Roberts------McCarthy-----------

Subs: Brown, Nelsen, Salgado, Andrews/N'zonzi, Emerton, Hoilett, Kalinic

That looks a pretty strong team and bench (arguably minus Andrews). I'm pretty optimistic about Saturday.

Amen. And I would like to see Kalinic, Hoilett and Salgado come off the bench for the last 20-30 minutes. By then the Wolves should be properly tenderized, and maybe Hoilett and Kalinic can gain some much needed confidence. As to Salgado, I just want to see him in action wearing a Rovers' shirt.

i think we'll drop the one up front system as wolves are pretty poor. keef will start that is a 100% fact, sam loves him. after the poor showing against wham i predict a backlash 4-0.

'Keef' may be eternally grateful that 'The Guvnor' (what a crap name!) got potted. I wonder?

There's nothing that says he has to play! I agree he's poor on the right wing and would far rather see him at right back or possibly central midfield. Right wing would be a waste.

I won't be there on Saturday as I've got better things to do. Two things count in this game:

This is a bottom 10 team, so for those who support Sam's targetting of matches anything less than a win will, IMV, be a failure

We should score goals

I hope we win but if I'm honest a defeat won't surprise me in the slightest as I've seen little to convince me we can score regularly from open play.

cheer up paul its not that bad..... be positive....

im sure you will be happy after a win so you can enjoy yourself at apple jacks..... :D

im sure you will be happy after a win so you can enjoy yourself at apple jacks..... :D

He should get himself down to The Swan With Two Knecks, there're plenty of n'er do wells in there that would bring a smile to anyone's face.

Gael Givet = William Shakespeare ^_^ I can see what you mean but when he had long hair, he looked more like Jesus to me.

How do you know what Jesus looked like?

We should score goals

If Emerton is fit and playing anything like he has over the last season or 2 since he became Bert Mk 2 then he has to play. He's the only one who actually looks like he has any energy and desire to get forward. when he gets there, he doesn't seem to have much idea what to do and too often chooses the wrong pass, but then who else now is better?

We should score goals

Are you and your ilk possibly the reason we never achieve a full house or do you pass on your ticket on these occasions?

Regardless of the accuracy of claims that Sam has targets for matches, or the injury situation at rovers, or any other excuse that you can think of this should be a convincing win for rovers. We need the points moving into a tough period in the season, and besides we really should beat teams of wolves quality.

For me I think we should go 4-4-2

Robbo

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

Diouf Grella Dunn Pedersen

Kalinic Benni

subs: Nelsen, Emerton, Holliett, Salegdo, Roberts, N'Zonzi, Brown

I'd not rush and risk any of the long term injuries, we should have too much quality, without fully risking them. This team should have far too much quality for Wolves. The biggest issue for me would be the speed of the wolves wide players, but Diouf and Peds are both quite good at getting stuck in and helping out, so we should be able to cope with that.

Up front, I feel that Benni and Kalinic will be more clinical as our strikers. I know Kalinic's missed a few but he's still settling as oppose to the proven wastefulness of Roberts. Besides I liked Kalinic's cameo against wham. Incidently Roberts coming on against a tired wolves defence for the last 20 minutes or so could be a very useful option to have.

All in all I'm going to go 2-0 rovers. Our defene is solid, we'll get one goal for all our effort, before a late second confirms it when we catch Wolves on the break.

;) just been chatting in the bookies about saturdays match,one guy reckoned sat is a 6 pointer,d'ont think things are that desperate yet.if i see roberts name on the team sheet i might weep,if we play with one up front we will not win,play with 2 and we have a chance :huh:

Hopefully Rovers will start well and get a good win against Wolves.

My team would be:

---------Robbo--------

Salgardo-Samba-Givet-Chimbonda

Diouf--Grella-Dunn---MGP

--------Roberts--Kalinic

Have Hoillet and Di Santo (if fit) on the bench ready to come on if needed.

Hopefully Andrews won't be in the starting X1

I think it could be a game for Roberts who usually does well against the 'lesser' teams in the league with his strength and bullying their CBs.

Prediction: 2-0 Rovers

Diouf, Kalinic

I know it was only pre season but Wolves battered us at there place last season. I know a few fans who made some good money by backing them to win the league after that performance.

They will come and give us a hard game but this is really the type of game we need to be winning. Need to go with an attacking line up and play with 2 front men.

I know it was only pre season but Wolves battered us at there place last season. I know a few fans who made some good money by backing them to win the league after that performance.

They will come and give us a hard game but this is really the type of game we need to be winning. Need to go with an attacking line up and play with 2 front men.

excellent post

but i think we'll have a tough first 30 minutes then i think we'll really force the issue and end up looking comfortable winners

i can even see roberts opening his account

Oh I'm perfectly happy, just not convinced we can either create the opportunities to score goals or take them when they do come our way. I think this has to be a real worry and why I say we need to score goals in this game, to convince the team and fans that we can.

We defo need 2 up front!

Would like to see Roberts and 1 other up there, Not Dunny tho!

Rovers to win 6-2 i rekon, just got a feeling that once it goes in, we will be on a roll!

quite right i can definetly see plenty of goals

i cant wait now

finally we get our season going

bring on saturday

Archived