BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Zurab

ewoodpo

According to SSN Zurab has joined the Looney Toones on a 3 months loan deal. Will this guy ever get a regular game for us ?

He is a adequate defender who will do well in the Championship. We should have tried to sell the guy when the transfer window was open surely somebody would have purchased him.

According to SSN Zurab has joined the Looney Toones on a 3 months loan deal. Will this guy ever get a regular game for us ?

He is a adequate defender who will do well in the Championship. We should have tried to sell the guy when the transfer window was open surely somebody would have purchased him.

Good luck to the lad, he'll shine at the circus that is St James Park.

I'd like to hear the Geordie folk try to pronounce his name....

Disappointed that he may leave, I have never had a problem with Zurab.

They can only benefit from him in my opinion and will not be surprised if they want to keep him.

I think he is very underrated here.

He is underrated and not appreciated by the club. The only thing that i feel he lacks is a bit of pace, what he have to remember is that he has shown a quality which majority of footballers no longer have and that's loyalty.

Not once did he whinge and moan in public and ask for a move when he wasn't playing.

GOOD LUCK ZURAB !

Disappointed that he may leave, I have never had a problem with Zurab.

They can only benefit from him in my opinion and will not be surprised if they want to keep him.

I think he is very underrated here.

Agreed 100%, which is why I'm disappointed he's gone to them.

A precursor for a move for Barton me thinks.

So long Zurab, enjoy the circus that is NUFC

Well that would just add the icing to the cake then.

Suicide watches would have to be manned all over this board I think.

Would Waggy hand out the kool aid or would he just take it as another talking point?

Oh it would make it interesting on here for sure.

Should NUFC come here this season I'd imagine Zurab will be well received at Ewood. He's done OK for us.

Good player and nice guy. However the standard of our defence is so high now that it is hard to see where he fits in. 3 excellent centre halves and 3 excellent right backs make him rather surplus to requirements unfortunately.

At least it shows we are improving.

Good player and nice guy. However the standard of our defence is so high now that it is hard to see where he fits in. 3 excellent centre halves and 3 excellent right backs make him rather surplus to requirements unfortunately.

At least it shows we are improving.

We could convert him into a holding midfielder, give Andrews someone else to dominate.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hopefully true as it will free up some space on the wage budget...probably at least £20k a week.

Best of luck to him also - model professional and never had a bad word to say about us - he has also preformed whenever called upon.

Thanks Zurab

Hopefully true as it will free up some space on the wage budget...probably at least £20k a week.

Best of luck to him also - model professional and never had a bad word to say about us - he has also preformed whenever called upon.

Thanks Zurab

A good source has informed me that he's on closer to £12k, but that is better in our pocket than his.

I wish Zurab all the best for the future, he was unlucky not to get a run at our club and can hopefully get a run of games elsewhere.

• 8 months later...

Bring him back ASAP!

Better than Hanley, Better form atm than Samba, Nelsen suspended and a better cb than Givet!

The problem doesn't lie with individuals, it's the system Kean has them playing in. They're left so exposed by everything in front of them.

Zurab isn't a better player than any of those. I can't believe you dug up a 9 month old topic to say that really!

The problem doesn't lie with individuals, it's the system Kean has them playing in. They're left so exposed by everything in front of them.

Zurab isn't a better player than any of those. I can't believe you dug up a 9 month old topic to say that really!

I agree it is more to do with the system than players, but Zurab is better than Hanley.

Archived