BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Peterbrough Preview

The booing was clear enough from the JW upper.

I heard it sat in N02. It wasn't many people so maybe there were a few Posh fans amongst us but I doubt it. Andrews did absolutely nothing wrong when he came on and had a screamer of a shot saved by the Posh keeper.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it sat in N02. It wasn't many people so maybe there were a few Posh fans amongst us but I doubt it. Andrews did absolutely nothing wrong when he came on and had a screamer of a shot saved by the Posh keeper.

It was more than a few. I sit near the half way line and it was loud and clear. Doubt they were Peterborough fans though ^_^

It was more than a few. I sit near the half way line and it was loud and clear. Doubt they were Peterborough fans though ^_^

I was in the Riverside and I could hear it coming from all sides of the ground. My view of Andrews is well known and it is obvious that many others share that view (although I did not boo). How else can the fans let the manager know that they don't want this man anywhere near the team. He needs to be transferred to get rid of the temptation to play him when there are injuries. He really is that bad, although I believe that after the display that Emerton put in in the cup he must be preferred in midfield to Julie.

I was sat in the JW lower tier and quite near the subs and there was booing from the right of us but not around where I was sat - though there were quite a few comments, none of them complimentary and he must have heard some of them! It must be said though that the Posh fans were also booing him when he went on.

How else can the fans let the manager know that they don't want this man anywhere near the team.

It is not our right to pick the team. This is what we pay a manager for. Booing one of our own is a total disgrace (under these circumstances anyway) and I can't believe people are condoning it, regardless of whether they did so themselves.

It is not our right to pick the team. This is what we pay a manager for. Booing one of our own is a total disgrace (under these circumstances anyway) and I can't believe people are condoning it, regardless of whether they did so themselves.

I've just made a similar point on another thread. It's totally out of order.

I've just made a similar point on another thread. It's totally out of order.

but it's always happened mum. It's no use getting uptight about it [and I'm talking generally here, not to you, or anyone else personally]. A lot of people would say that it's not right to boo the manager either, but sometimes it simply let's the board know what the feeling is. Ince got a bit longer because of the lack of crowd reaction after the home loss to Liverpool. They took that as a sign that the fans weren't as unhappy as they thought. So fan reaction does send an undeniable message - rightly or wrongly. I've never booed a rovers player or manager and probably never will, but fans should be able to voice their feelings.

Report from JW Lower, about mid way between B End and half way - only booing I heard was from the Peterborough fans (in the Darwen End). It's obviously Ewood's weird acoustics. I blame the drummer.

Definitely boos in the N01/N02 areas of the Blackburn end. He might not be good enough but booing him is out of order ....

Thought Benni had a good game - could he play the Dunny role in the Prem when Dunny inevitably gets injured?

Do you actually know what Championship players are going for nowadays?

I don't know what a Championship player costs. I don't know what a Blackburn player costs. All I have to go on is news reports, the accuracy of which are sometimes questionable.

Looking at the Championship clubs' wikipedia sites (another questionable source), a good MF can go from 2 million to 8 million, dependent upon player and time left on contract. That's costly but possibly doable if MGP and Andrews sell and if there is significant savings on the the wage bill. And I haven't a clue as to whether there would be savings except the numbers being thrown around on this site.

Just seen the goals. Salgado's run and finish was excellent.

Watching it live, you didnt expect him to reach the ball let alone for him then to find the back of the net, it was completely unexpected I suppose out of this world which only adds to the adulation, top, top quality from the Spaniard.

I was in the D\E with the posh fans and they all booed Keith when he can on either they have had a grudge from when he played for the Dons or they have read the Andrews thread on here

Quite right, allowed Salgado love to blind me slightly there.

On about 30 mins, Batt I think it was, picked the ball up near the Riverside/DE corner. Salgado moved in to close him down.

Batt promptly fell on his backside. Salgado strode away with the ball.

I swear Salgado tackled him with his mind :D

I just saw highlights on Rovers player, as i'm in Hong Kong. great to see Reidy's interview too, he was just so pleased with playing and scoring. It was also good to see Niko's score and all the lads go over to celebrate with him, especially Benni who jumped in to his arms and looked genuinely delighted for the youngster. Brett's pass for Sally's goal was very good, and he should have had another assist but MGP missed a shocker. Great to hear Brett and Benni played well and with heart, making it tough for Sam on Saturday.

The Manager is the conductor, the team is the orchestra and we are the paying audience. If wo do not like what we see we have the right to let our feelings be known. We are the Rovers, not the players or the manager who are just passing through, but we the season ticket holders and the ticket buyers who are in it for the long term.

The Manager is the conductor, the team is the orchestra and we are the paying audience. If wo do not like what we see we have the right to let our feelings be known. We are the Rovers, not the players or the manager who are just passing through, but we the season ticket holders and the ticket buyers who are in it for the long term.

Booing one of our own players is STILL a disgrace.

Archived