BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Peterbrough Preview

The Manager is the conductor, the team is the orchestra and we are the paying audience. If wo do not like what we see we have the right to let our feelings be known. We are the Rovers, not the players or the manager who are just passing through, but we the season ticket holders and the ticket buyers who are in it for the long term.

The manager is also the self-proclaimed expert who defied the last groans of unrest at Ewood Park. Booing Andrews is a wasted venture and harsh on someone who is only trying to do his job.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Manager is the conductor, the team is the orchestra and we are the paying audience. If wo do not like what we see we have the right to let our feelings be known. We are the Rovers, not the players or the manager who are just passing through, but we the season ticket holders and the ticket buyers who are in it for the long term.

I know you've gone for some sort of rousing, emotive speech there about the passion of the fans and how we "embody" the club bla bla. But the reality is that this manager, who doesn't care about the club, is paid a hell of a lot of money to make decisions that he is best-placed to make. The notion of booing one of our players to "let him know" that his decision is not deemed acceptable flies in the face of having a manager at all.

Perhaps then, like at Ebbsfleet, you propose a system where the fans vote on what the team should be? After all, we ARE Blackburn Rovers. Maybe it should be our responsibility?

Booing one of our own players is STILL a disgrace.

Especially as he's coming on. Can have a bit more understanding towards those who feel they need to boo at the end of a game, but as I said earlier you are not going to change the manager's mind about playing Andrews if he deems fit, so it can't help and can only hinder to boo his arrival on the pitch.

Especially as he's coming on. Can have a bit more understanding towards those who feel they need to boo at the end of a game, but as I said earlier you are not going to change the manager's mind about playing Andrews if he deems fit, so it can't help and can only hinder to boo his arrival on the pitch.

Wether or not we can change the manager's mind remains to be seen but what other way is there to let him know what we think?

Anyway I believe that after Tuesday Emerton will have that berth in midfield unless the expert is blind.

The finish by Benni, shows that he offers more than Roberts. Roberts might work hard, but Benni will put the ball in the back of the net. The Kalinic/ Benni partnership, should be give a few more chances to see how that goes. Add Dunny just behind them, with Benni and Dunn linking up from midfield.

The finish by Benni, shows that he offers more than Roberts. Roberts might work hard, but Benni will put the ball in the back of the net. The Kalinic/ Benni partnership, should be give a few more chances to see how that goes. Add Dunny just behind them, with Benni and Dunn linking up from midfield.

That depends very much on the quality of the opposition.

Salgado is a football god.

Agreed. Andrews tries, and deserves credit for it, not criticism.

Put any of us in a Rovers shirt and we will try our hearts out. Doesn't mean we deserve credit or the wage he gets, which is more per week than most of our annual salaries. He deserves criticism because he is useless at his job and you or I would be out on our ears if we performed at our jobs like he does. He's a liability that needs to be off the wages bill as soon as possible.

to boo him is just daft, he does not pick the team big sam does, if he does not try or does not want to play then fair enough, but he does try and he does want to play.

The fact that we think he is not good enough is not his fault, the club brought him and they play him, so less boo and more encourgement :rolleyes:

Put any of us in a Rovers shirt and we will try our hearts out. Doesn't mean we deserve credit or the wage he gets, which is more per week than most of our annual salaries. He deserves criticism because he is useless at his job and you or I would be out on our ears if we performed at our jobs like he does. He's a liability that needs to be off the wages bill as soon as possible.

Spot on. It's not a matter of giving this donkey time, he is too old to get any better and he has proven himself to be rubbish for well over a year now. If he ends up getting turfed out because the fans don't like him then I am sure he will turn up somewhere else that is too good for him. He will also get paid a fortune once again.

:rover: how did this guy play,premier standard? :brfc:

Big strong running player waggy. Not too much finesse but certainly punched his weight against us. Cracking left foot shot for the goal too. Dunno what he's worth but I'd definitely swop him for Julie.

Decent - Did well against Jones for the goal, and then smashes it past Brown. I think had it been Robbo & Samba then he wouldnt of got near - needs abit more experience yet before he makes a step up.

Wether or not we can change the manager's mind remains to be seen but what other way is there to let him know what we think?

The manager doesn't care what you or any of the fans think. If you want Andrews out of the team, then booing is counter-productive as Allardyce will keep him in just to show he cannot be swayed. Surely that much must be obvious from the man's track record and public quotes?

I've been clear that Andrews should be sold, IMO. On the other hand, booing him is wrong. He stays fit, he plays his heart out and he is far from the worst MF in the world. Until Sam sells him, we should be doing everything we can buck up his confidence, not tear it down. There's no benefit to it and it's counter-productive.

By the way, put me on the pitch in a Rovers shirt and I would last about 2 minutes. Andrews is a dramatic improvement over me and, I suspect, you.

As others have said, he comes into the category 'promising'. If he turns that promise into reality, think of Pedersen of 4 years ago. If he doesn't, think of Pedersen of last year. I'm not comparing where he plays on the pitch btw, just trying to give an idea of potential.

Suppose if you came to Ewood though you wouldn't have to rely on these ill-informed views ;)

• Backroom

Decent - Did well against Jones for the goal, and then smashes it past Brown. I think had it been Robbo & Samba then he wouldnt of got near - needs abit more experience yet before he makes a step up.

You're joking right? No chance Robbo or any keeper would have saved that, Brown really gets done a disservice on here at times.

You're joking right? No chance Robbo or any keeper would have saved that, Brown really gets done a disservice on here at times.

No because Samba would of stopped him... and if he didnt Robbo would of been in a better position. Browns height and kicked let him down in a big way!

I wasn't there, but if I was, I'd have been one of those booing hm. There is no universe in which he is good enough to play in any premier league team, and if Sam is blinded by "the emperor's new clothes" aka prozone, it's up to those of us who are not to let him know so that he can snap out of it and consign Andrews to the annals of history.

Browns height and kicked let him down in a big way!

A lot is made of his height and I agree it is difficult for him but he gets around the goal well. You just always wonder if only he was taller.

His kicking is awful though and will be the end of him at this level.

Really? He didn't show much positional sense when Essien scored.

Maybe it would have helped if he could see the ball. There was a player stood in front of him and the bend took it away, no chance on that one.

Well I hope you lot are right and I am wrong. I fear we are relegation fodder next season. £80,000 per week on two players stuck in the reserves is huge problem. Hoillet, Jones forgiven. They will mature, especially Jones plus Jackson Camm? and Cruz who look good for their age.

Jackson Ramm is just 16 and does look promising you're right but a long way to go, does dwell on the ball at times which lets him down. I'd be shocked if Julio makes a first team appearance, I think Tom Hitchcock will play before he does, even though he's just turned 17.

A lot is made of his height and I agree it is difficult for him but he gets around the goal well. You just always wonder if only he was taller.

His kicking is awful though and will be the end of him at this level.

Maybe it would have helped if he could see the ball. There was a player stood in front of him and the bend took it away, no chance on that one.

Possibly but I still maintain that he was embarrassingly far away from it when it passed him.

Archived