BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Sports 1 10Pm Tonight

Tom

• Backroom

Tonight at 10 on SS1 Jeff Stelling is presenting a programme with Tim Flowers, Colin Hendry and Tim Sherwood talking about Rover's title win in 95.

Should be well worth a watch and is programmed into my Sky +

ditto

I didnt miss one single game that season and the culmination of the day at Anfield will simply be the biggest footballing memory ever.

Jubilation when we won Div 3 and in particular the 5-2 win versus Plymouth.

Enjoyed the promotion party at Bury.

Devastated at Bristol Rovers.

Serial play off sadness.

Roverjoyed at Wembley play off final.

Ecstatic at Anfield.

Pure sadness at Relegation.

Unbridled joy at PNE winning promotion.

Cup floweth over at The Millenium Cup Final win.

Some pretty good memories of being a Rovers fan since 1971.

Tonight at 10 on SS1 Jeff Stelling is presenting a programme with Tim Flowers, Colin Hendry and Tim Sherwood talking about Rover's title win in 95.

Should be well worth a watch and is programmed into my Sky +

Many thanks for the info :tu:

It`s been put on my 'reminder' ;)

ditto

I didnt miss one single game that season and the culmination of the day at Anfield will simply be the biggest footballing memory ever.

Serial play off sadness.

Ecstatic at Anfield.

Ahemm... 18/10/2009....

I wonder if any of the below will be mentioned :rock:

This situation ultimately got Woy the sack and took us down :(

"From Chesterfield Davies went to Southampton, and thrived, but in July 1998 Roy Hodgson, then at Blackburn, paid £7.5m for him. It was an expensive price tag he never wore comfortably. "I never thought of it as a burden," he insists, "it's just that I was never happy in the dressing room. It was a poor dressing room, with too many cliques. Me and Chris Sutton didn't get on. It just didn't work out."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/kevin-davies-i-knew-id-be-booked-fergie-had-done-his-job-1803523.html

(Thanks to Zulu for the link)

Yea, thought it was pretty good too. Sounded like they had some mad away days!!

The thing that often surprises me though with these things is that they find it hard to remember the details, such as who we signed, what the scores were etc. But yet even though I was only 10 I can remember almost everything about that season and many others on here would be able to as well.

• Backroom

But you havn't played 10 or so seasons and hundreds of games in a professional career I take it? Things will get blurred over time.

I forgot just how recently we were training at Pleasington and hearing just how bad it was is now stark contrast to what we have now

Almost sad to see Colin he seemed to very understandly to have lost some vigour that he was famous for back in the day. Must be hard looking back to having it all compared to what he now faces :(

What a great watch that was, really enjoyed it.

Was interesting to hear Sherwood say how Kidd forced him out of the club, fearing his influence in the dressing room, with Flowers kinda supporting his claim that he wanted the old guard out of the club.

I flound it nice that they could each remember very specific moments in the season - goals, score lines, home and away, minutes gone etc - but then found it kinda funny that none of them could even remember who was brought in during the close season.

Great to hear about the team spirit - sounded like Sherwoood was very much at the centre of the banter that went on and it would appear that they had some pretty mental away nights out / in.

Well worth a watch.

Why are they doing it with that muppet Sherwood, apart from him being the captain of the team, I would have had Shearer/Sutton instead

Are you for real? Sherwood was a superb midfielder and absolutely pivotal in that team. The fact that he did what he did all season with someone as limited as Atko at his side is even more amazing.

Really enjoyed this too.

Did I hear Sherwood right, as I thought he said that Dugarry and Zidane even came to our training ground in 1995 before we decided not to pursue the deal. I could be wrong.

And Theno, did you hear the boys regarding Atko? They reckoned he was a quality player and an even better finisher than Shearer!

Are you for real? Sherwood was a superb midfielder and absolutely pivotal in that team. The fact that he did what he did all season with someone as limited as Atko at his side is even more amazing.

Sherwood said in the programme last night that Mark Atkins was a fantastic midfielder and absolutely brilliant to have as a partner in the centre, he said Atko really understood his game and made all the right decisions.

Flowers also said that Atko had every finish in the book in his locker, and as goalie in training he regarded him as the most difficult opponent - cos Atko could finish with either foot, bend it, lob it, smash it or whatever.

Really enjoyed this too.

Did I hear Sherwood right, as I thought he said that Dugarry and Zidane even came to our training ground in 1995 before we decided not to pursue the deal. I could be wrong.

And Theno, did you hear the boys regarding Atko? They reckoned he was a quality player and an even better finisher than Shearer!

Please don't bring up the who we could have had topic again, Baggio & Keane where about as well. It was a serious mistake not strenghtening the team after the title. Zidane linking up to Shearer and Sutton well lets just say I think Sir alex would have one or two less trophies at home.

But at least we're still only one of four teams to win the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Days!!!

ditto

Serial play off sadness.

Ecstatic at Anfield.

Thrashing those Dingles since, 1971 lol

REALLY enjoyed the banter and the memories.The story's of the player's turning up at Pleasington...stopping training in respect as the Hearses passed to the cemetery!

Talked about how the team spirit was unbelievable at the time and how King Kenny and Ray Harford were a footballing partnership made in heaven.

Tim Sherwood in....BLACKBURN WERE THE BEST CLUB I PLAYED FOR Shocker! :tu:

Great to see Big Col again after what he's been through...dont miss it again Rovers fans.

Archived