BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Hughesy. It was town full of inbreds.

Hughesy is right - it was definitely town full of inbreds.

Last time I heard town full of pakis sang at us was Wigan away a few years back, about 3 seconds before Pedersen scored.

Hughesy is right - it was definitely town full of inbreds.

Last time I heard town full of pakis sang at us was Wigan away a few years back, about 3 seconds before Pedersen scored.

Burnley had a rendition by all accounts.

100% what I said is correct .we were all discussing it, even the asian lad who sits behind me.

Quite possible. I don't listen much to what opposition fans are singing. They definitely did sing about us being inbreds at one point though.

If that many Liverpool fans did sing about the ethnic makeup of our town though why wasn't there a big discussion about it here afterwards?

We aren't going to get in trouble for Liverpool singing it are we?

Why are you trying to deflect the criticism onto another team? It was our fans that were singing it on Saturday and at Bolton. Take responsibility.

Pedantic time: I will never take responsibility for what others do (even if within the same group -ie: rovers fans), but I will certainly try and stand up to the f**kwits who chant racist comments. I haven't had the displeasure of doing so at Ewood park, which should be seen as a credit to the 'backbone' support of our club. It is the chavs on the fringes who chant this crap and they only seem to appear at away games. As I said in the Hull thread. We, as fans, NEED to take a more vigilante approach to these idiots and report them. I know racism isn't illegal (or is it?) but surely 'citizen's arrest' comes to mind? I'm sure many would like to see this make a come-back and get society back on track?

Pedantic time: I will never take responsibility for what others do (even if within the same group -ie: rovers fans), but I will certainly try and stand up to the f**kwits who chant racist comments. I haven't had the displeasure of doing so at Ewood park, which should be seen as a credit to the 'backbone' support of our club. It is the chavs on the fringes who chant this crap and they only seem to appear at away games. As I said in the Hull thread. We, as fans, NEED to take a more vigilante approach to these idiots and report them. I know racism isn't illegal (or is it?) but surely 'citizen's arrest' comes to mind? I'm sure many would like to see this make a come-back and get society back on track?

:wacko: The Charles Bronson of Darwen.....

Mellison, are you off your bloody head man?

You're going to attempt a citizens arrest on a bunch of ###### up lads at a football match?

'Deathwish' is bang on!

I think I am being rather idealistic, but I would suggest those that are tougher than me do it hahaha. I'm lacking any decent muscle, what with the student's loss of weight before the big fat pile-on at christmas. A year ago, I did it once or twice last season (though I did get bottled at the Bolton away game). It's quite easy if you get it right and surprise them. Arm behind their back, trip them to the floor and get ur mate to get the attention of a copper. Then watch in vain as the copper tells you off for unnecessary violence and not understanding that it was due to a stupid racist chant that you did it. haha

What role are the police taking in all of this?

They’ll happily stick a video camera in your face when you’re doing nothing wrong

They'll happily ban people because they think they've got the 'potential' to cause violent disorder

But when a crime is talking place, such as racist chanting, they’re nowhere to be seen?

Something wrong here :rock:

I think I am being rather idealistic, but I would suggest those that are tougher than me do it hahaha. I'm lacking any decent muscle, what with the student's loss of weight before the big fat pile-on at christmas. A year ago, I did it once or twice last season (though I did get bottled at the Bolton away game). It's quite easy if you get it right and surprise them. Arm behind their back, trip them to the floor and get ur mate to get the attention of a copper. Then watch in vain as the copper tells you off for unnecessary violence and not understanding that it was due to a stupid racist chant that you did it. haha

I'm just going to quote this so that it can't be edited/retracted at a later point. I'll let other people have the fun with it.

Have you been drinking today :wacko:

We aren't going to get in trouble for Liverpool singing it are we?

Why are you trying to deflect the criticism onto another team? It was our fans that were singing it on Saturday and at Bolton. Take responsibility.

Not deflecting anything ,far from it.go on bucky do tell me what I've got to be resposuble far...and Ellison you must be insane or one mean mutha

2008_kung_fu_panda_002.jpg

Archived