BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

The thread which initially outlined the Owen Coyle chant was blocked but I feel that the topic needs to be addressed ASAP. I witnessed the chanting at Bolton away and it has become clear that it was also present at the Hull game. So what are the club going to do about it? The club need to start handing out bans to make sure that it is made clear that as a club we wont tolerate that sort of abuse.

BTW I've also added this topic so that the Hull thread remains about the game and not the behaviour of certain people...

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I've been unfortunate enough to sit near the ignorant sh*ts at away games I've taken pictures of them and sent them to the club. Next time it will be to the police. And I might just video it.

They're scum and should not be allowed to go where any civilised people are.

When I've been unfortunate enough to sit near the ignorant sh*ts at away games I've taken pictures of them and sent them to the club. Next time it will be to the police. And I might just video it.

I hate to say this but the racial stuff is not just confined to the club. When we can my wife and I travel up from the south east (hastings area) to see a few games. My wife being Chinese and me english has had racial comments said to her in Blackburn Market - not by any of the stall holders - but people browsing the stalls etc. I have no time for racsits.

Heard the chanting for the first time yesterday, and was somewhat suprised by what I heard. Fortunately it wasn't for much of the game - 5/10 mins or so as I recall - although there is definately no place in football for it. Worryingly though it did seem as though a significant amount of our travelling support joined in with it. Not saying everyone did, or even a majority, but it was pretty loud from where I was sat.

Not sure the stewards will do much about it. I was sat on the front row about 3/4 seats in from where the stewards were sat between us and the Hull fans. The guy next to me clearly was joining in the chanting, and there was a steward pretty much right next to him - maybe 2 seats and the steps away who did nothing about it. If they'd ejected/charged the ones they could identify then it would be a start and actually send out the right message that racist chanting is not tolerated. I realise in a mass of fans identifying the culprits can be much more difficult.

Shame as otherwise was a really good away day.

Saying it was only for a few minutes doesn't really make it alright. It could have been once or it could have been all day, it is still something that we can't tolerate.

Identifying those who initiated the chants is difficult, and tackling a reasonably sized group of offenders isn't really an option, but the police were filming our fans for most of the game, so if they've done their jobs properly there will be action taken.

Saying it was only for a few minutes doesn't really make it alright. It could have been once or it could have been all day, it is still something that we can't tolerate.

Identifying those who initiated the chants is difficult, and tackling a reasonably sized group of offenders isn't really an option, but the police were filming our fans for most of the game, so if they've done their jobs properly there will be action taken.

Where do I say that because it was for a few minutes that makes it alright? In fact the next words I use are there is no place for it in football.

Good news about the police filming our fans here's hoping we can get rid of the chant altogether.

and they will probly shove the camera right up your arse as well..

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

^^

When good men do do something, quite often and increasingly, the law takes the side of the evil ones. You are quite right though.

The actions of stewards at away grounds is strange to say the least. At either Sunderland, Old Trafford or plenty of places in the Midlands, if you breath in and out more than 15 times per minute you get thrown out. They can be really vicious looking sods, like night club bouncers. At other grounds and Ewood is a prime example, the stewards are weedy, pensioner look alikes who tolerate almost anything. Presumably, those at Hull fall into the last category. I'm not sure what their exact remit is, but I would have thought a combination of Hull's stewards and police should have sorted the matter out rather than a few good citizens who have aired their views on here. :brfc:

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

^^

Absolutely right Shabani. It is still well within living memory that we fought a long and very costly war to remove one of the worst racist tyrants the world has ever known, but slowly but surely 60 years on this kind of thing is getting back on to the political agenda. It must never be allowed to happen again, and most decent people would agree with that, but the trouble is that this kind of thing is so pernicious in it's nature. It starts in most people's minds as something they see as a legitimate complaint or grievence, which is then focused on to some area of concern e.g. an excess of immigrants taking their jobs or anything else that is a cause for widespread public concern and which can be isolated in some people's minds to a particular group of people or whatever. Before you know what is happening there will be some political non-entity taking up the "cause" and trying to whip up public support and that is all it takes. Need I say more.......I most certainly could do, but I will hold my council for now.

And to those who doubt my words, I can say this: I am old enough to actually remember before, during and after WW2, and anybody that actually lived those years does not want to see them again. I for my own part don't want to think that the millions who died in removing the curse of Hitler and his kind, have given their lives in vain.

bloody hell where did i say it was ok? im fed up of people on here twisting my words and your old enough to know better.

but if i saw someone taking my pic in the crowd without my permission(police aside) then i would do something...and im asuming so would the people being photographed....

If I hear it starting at Ewood, I'll join in with the "Owen Coyles got a f*%cki*g monkeys heed, f*%cki*g monkeys heed"(Which you have to agree he has, and it's a better chant.)It was funny when the Goerdies sang it about Peter Reid, and it would be better than chanting racist crap that the majority of us don't want to hear.

PS No offence to Gibbons, Baboons, chimpanzees or orangutans, but you do look like Owen :D

If I hear it starting at Ewood, I'll join in with the "Owen Coyles got a f*%cki*g monkeys heed, f*%cki*g monkeys heed"(Which you have to agree he has, and it's a better chant.)It was funny when the Goerdies sang it about Peter Reid, and it would be better than chanting racist crap that the majority of us don't want to hear.

PS No offence to Gibbons, Baboons, chimpanzees or orangutans, but you do look like Owen :D

No Nobel peace prize for you then.

Guest andrewpickup

bloody hell where did i say it was ok? im fed up of people on here twisting my words and your old enough to know better.

but if i saw someone taking my pic in the crowd without my permission(police aside) then i would do something...and im asuming so would the people being photographed....

yeah alright then queenie.

As de Niro said in Midnight Run, he's gonna be suffering from fistophobia.

:-)

(And this isn't an implied judgement on the debate in any way, it's just a funny line. The leaders in this nonsense need to be rooted out, and the rest will stop following. It's said that we have this element following the club.)

Archived