BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not at all.

I just find it hard to believe all these amazing things happen to you.

I've never EVER heard of someone getting bottled at a football match. Not these days anyway.

Apologies if it did actually happen.

It used to be something that happened often at Bolton. On the way home from Boltons old groung the official coaches used to get bottles thrown at them. If I remember correctly, Bolton often changed the area where the away supporters went. The open end was divided and coming out of the ground to the coach park you ran the gauntlet getting to the coach. Not always.

Was it not Burnley fans who threw roof tiles into the riverside at ewood some years ago. Agreed going to a game today is a lot more safer than years ago. but there are still grounds that going to them as an away supporter that are still a bit dodgy so I hear.

Mellison weren't you and your dad also beaten up by Burnley fans which left you deaf in one ear, although in a different story the deafness was caused by you being born extremely premature. I did quote you both times last time around but cant be arsed to trail back through your posts again.

Yes, I buggered it up. I'm deaf due to being a prem* baby and my dad's deaf due to the @#/?s.

*Premature, not Premier League (as the missus just said).

Ewood Spark:

<How about we stand-up to these morons with a chorus of boos every time they attempt to start their squalid little chant? >

There is always the old refrain "Sing something simple, you simple tw@ts!" - was quite effective targeted against these supposed-Rovers-fan imbeciles at Rotterdam harbour!

The chant is obviously wrong and racist - but it's not even clever, funny or original. Even taking the nasty element out of it, it's just embarrassing in it's own right for it's childishness.

I first noticed that we had developed a scrote element at Wigan away when we got beat 5-3. I hoped it was just a local derby attracting loads of casual kids who were out on the lash round Wigan after. It seems not. :angry2:

I emailed the club after the Bolton game the problem is it's harder for the club to police our fans at away games

To busy filming innocent people to concentrate on the idiots singing racist songs :angry2:

Well the elephant in the room continues to be ignored.

What long terrm future does Blackburn Rovers have as a club when in a generation the majority ethnic group of the town will be a group that on the whole has no interest in the club.

Worries me greatly.

• Backroom

To busy filming innocent people to concentrate on the idiots singing racist songs :angry2:

I must admit the response I recieved was slightly disappointing and rather generic so gave me little hope of any action:

Dear Tom

Thank you for your e-mail. I will pass on your comments to the Stadium Manager and Head of Community Affairs and ask them to monitor the situation at forthcoming home matches.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Mods, sorry if me posting this breaches any privacy regualtions, will take it out if need be

Ethnic majority (or soon will be) i seem to recall seeing official government projections using the Development of Migration Model that Blackburn along with the cities of Bradford and Leicester will have a white minority within 30 years.

Well, then in 2039, the Liverpool fans will be able to sing to us, 'you're just a town full of white trash.........' :o

Sorry, just a bit of joviality because it's nearing Christmas. :lol:

PS......and before someone responds with it, I know the Liverpool fans could also sing that now with some justification.

Well the elephant in the room continues to be ignored.

What long terrm future does Blackburn Rovers have as a club when in a generation the majority ethnic group of the town will be a group that on the whole has no interest in the club.

Worries me greatly.

Clearly a somewhat smaller elephant than you think. Percentage of Asian population in Blackburn and Darwen in 2001 was 20.7% and in 2006 20.4%. It's going to be a very long generation at that rate. And what's also interesting is that there are more Asians of Indian descent than of Pakistani descent.

Clearly a somewhat smaller elephant than you think. Percentage of Asian population in Blackburn and Darwen in 2001 was 20.7% and in 2006 20.4%. It's going to be a very long generation at that rate. And what's also interesting is that there are more Asians of Indian descent than of Pakistani descent.

Beardwood school is a victim of the falling Asian birthrate in that ward hence why, when the new schools are built they are dispersing Beardwood's pupils, not rebuilding the school. When I first went to work at my currentr school it was not unusual to find families with 8, 9, 10 or more kids. Now it's more often 3 or 4.

well I think the next census will see a steep rise.

It is obvious just looking at districts of Blackburn that were known as White districts only a decade ago now with a high Asian population- Pleckgate, Lammack, Brownhill, Billinge, Revidge.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived