BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets - Would You Renew Next Year?

Not following you there. Our gates were between 5-7k 30% - natural wastage now would indicate crowds of around 4k!

Was simply trying to point out that over the past 20 years we have grown our attendances to circa 20k so does that mean we've gained 15/16k glory hunters or simply people who choose to watch their football at Ewood?

So true..even with the rise of Sky football which shows the matches live and highlights 24 hours it a credit to Rovers that the gates would be 22,000 let alone 25-26,000...

Unless the ticket goes to around £1000 a season then I wont even consider not getting next seasons.

If the club offered me the opportunity of a 10 year season ticket tomorrow at £200-300 a season then id snap their hands up.

Blue n White through thick and thin.......FFS we are 13th in the league, not bottom!

The question raised was nothing to do with a question of commitment. From a commercial view Rovers gained around 4000 extra season ticket holders + retained many who would not have renewed at £400+ following last season. There will always be a hardcore of fans attending no matter what and perhaps this forum is not representative of the majority of fans who attend as a lifestle choice rather than a religion.

Was interested to know how many of the 'new' ST holders (and I'm one) would consider renewing again if prices rose.

As for the rubber dinghy comments I was a ST holder throughout the 80's and attended many away games.... on which basis there must be at least 12000 rubber dinghy men around.

'lifestyle choice' what does that even mean??

football isn't like going to the pictures. Even those fans that don't go on msg boards and don't spend days travelling away or reading reports etc still put more emotion into watching Rovers than you do going bowling etc, I would not use the word 'religion' but the majority at Ewood are passionate.

The club could up prices by £50 next season(NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN)....we would still be paying the ridiculousy low price of £250 for a top flight season ticket in the BBE!

Your either a Rovers fan for life and are committed in your support or you can choose to play golf on a Saturday afternoon,the choice is yours........

dont know bout next season but im so very close to cancelling my direct debit for the first time since 1971.....allerdyce is killing our club

But Abbey after Bolton and Chelsea wernt you saying 'we've got out Rovers back' or something similar?

I want Allardyce to be a success, the club can't afford another failure, but yes at times I have doubted him, he totally baffles me at times, but give the guy the full season before judging.

dont know bout next season but im so very close to cancelling my direct debit for the first time since 1971.....allerdyce is killing our club

Abbey you can't just blame Allardyce for our problems. Surely the owners/board have to take some of the blame when we have seen our club sell our best players and had to replace them with a fraction of the money received from their sale?

More often than not if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

its not the board who plays lets hit the pen spot...lets not keep possesion ,but let robbo launch it for the other team to get the 2nd ball....or let mgp take throw ins that never ever work...

Well 4-5-1 appeared to be unpopular and the favourite stick to beat Allardyce with so now that we appear to have reverted to the BBEnd's beloved 4-4-2 people are still criticising him.

It can't be easy with the available squad and injuries to the best players so what formation would you have played against Spurs Abbey, which players would you have picked to start and what would be the tactics and instructions that you would have issued to them? From my seat there was not too much long/hoof ball until maybe the last 10-15 mins. (Spurs opener came from a hoofball up to Crouch btw.) Also imo I think we played some decent football and more than matched Spurs apart from sticking it in the onion bag. Crouch's 1st went in off the bar and post and if Benny's effort had gone in off the post in similar fashion then there's every chance we'd have had a point and might even have gone on to win the match.

Over to you.....

.....oh and btw why have you given your password to waggy of late? :P

Don't want to be pedantic but natural wasteage will prob have seen that figure reduce by about 30% won't it? sad.gif

I recall the club exect to lose 10% of ST holders every year for a variety of reasons. On that basis the entire crowd should have been replaced several times over since the 80s! I think there's a hardcore support for whom not renewing comes down to three things, money, leaving the area, death or incapacity. The 10% churn rate probable comes from a relatively small number of fans who dip in and out of being ST holders for many different reasons.

I'd guess what he means is there are a lot of other choices fans can make. Times have changed and watching Rovers isn't the only leisure activity available to folk. I never missed a game until recently but as one of my son's has a conflicting hobby I now chose not to attend some games. Sadly for Rovers it isn't a difficult decision but that's a whole different discussion.

Well 4-5-1 appeared to be unpopular and the favourite stick to beat Allardyce with so now that we appear to have reverted to the BBEnd's beloved 4-4-2 people are still criticising him.

It can't be easy with the available squad and injuries to the best players so what formation would you have played against Spurs Abbey, which players would you have picked to start and what would be the tactics and instructions that you would have issued to them? From my seat there was not too much long/hoof ball until maybe the last 10-15 mins. (Spurs opener came from a hoofball up to Crouch btw.) Also imo I think we played some decent football and more than matched Spurs apart from sticking it in the onion bag. Crouch's 1st went in off the bar and post and if Benny's effort had gone in off the post in similar fashion then there's every chance we'd have had a point and might even have gone on to win the match.

Over to you.....

While I agree with all of this when have we reverted to 4-4-2? Chelsea I suppose and the later stages of games we are losing but certainly not as a starting line up. On Saturday McCarthy occassionally stayed with Di Santo but most of the time he was isolated, when we did attack, especially on the break, we rarely managed to get more than three players threatening the Spurs goal. A large part of the problem on Saturday was our attacking players were largely out numbered in or around the oppositions penalty area.

I haven't had a season ticket since 2005, but go to as many games home and away when I can make it. I'd say I get to about 6 or 7 games a season at the moment. The Darwen End season ticket appeals to fans like me,£150 for 15 home games (I think) is very good value. Plus I know I'll miss a few games, where as to sit in the BBE for a few games it's roughly £28 a pop.

I went on Saturday, all be it I was offered a free ticket. But if it wasn't offered I would have doubt I would have paid to go. Time of year, the expense all adds up. I can't make Wigan which I'm annoyed as it's usually a good laugh, apart from last year but Sunderland it's the next game for me and I'm 50/50 on that.

I haven't had a season ticket since 2005, but go to as many games home and away when I can make it. I'd say I get to about 6 or 7 games a season at the moment. The Darwen End season ticket appeals to fans like me,£150 for 15 home games (I think) is very good value. Plus I know I'll miss a few games, where as to sit in the BBE for a few games it's roughly £28 a pop.

I went on Saturday, all be it I was offered a free ticket. But if it wasn't offered I would have doubt I would have paid to go. Time of year, the expense all adds up. I can't make Wigan which I'm annoyed as it's usually a good laugh, apart from last year but Sunderland it's the next game for me and I'm 50/50 on that.

£13 per match in the Riverside should be your preferred choice... and you get to see all the big games.

all i want to do is to afford the travel to blackburn.... works out about 50 quid to get there.... therefore I had to give mine up a few years ago!

sigh..... i miss it so much!

but i sit there at the computer at 3 listening to it... or watching it on the live updates...

P.S stop winging its 200 quid!

Saturday is by far my busiest day of the week (work-wise)

What i earn on a Saturday can take me nearly 2days to earn the rest of the week.

When Rovers are at home, i work the other 6 days instead of 5.....to make up my dosh.

That`s my lifestyle choice at the moment.

There have been many times since 1971 when things were much worse for us than they are now so I don't believe you. I just think you are one of those who wants to get the boot into Allardyce whenever you have the chance.

There have been many times since 1971 when things were much worse for us than they are now so I don't believe you. I just think you are one of those who wants to get the boot into Allardyce whenever you have the chance.

Spot on.

Many worse times in the past - inlcuding last season under Ince!

Archived