BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle As Rovers Manager?

Hiya guys after reading numerous posts around the style of football we currently play, about the supposed inability of our manager Sam; I would like to hear thoughts on what people's opinions are on how they think Coyle would fare with Rovers.

Here are the positives and negatives in my view:

Positives

Plays attractive football

Would make better use of the players he has at Rovers over the scum

Young enthusiastic manager (I sometimes get the feeling, BS is begrudging being at Rovers?)

Negatives

The obvious one

Not as much experience

Anyway FIRE AWAY with your thoughts??

To clarify I am not advocating we get rid of Sam.

Hiya guys after reading numerous posts around the style of football we currently play, about the supposed inability of our manager Sam; I would like to hear thoughts on what people's opinions are on how they think Coyle would fare with Rovers.

Positives

Young enthusiastic manager (I sometimes get the feeling, BS is begrudging being at Rovers?)

Negatives

The obvious one

Not as much experience

err Is the fact that Burnley are currently below us in the table and cannot fill Tiny Turf valid at all?

err Is the fact that Burnley are currently below us in the table and cannot fill Tiny Turf valid at all?

Is the fact they have a wage ceiling of 15k p.w not valid either?

That aside, we already have a manager and whilst I think it is valid to discuss the quality of the job he is doing it is completely unfair to start discussing potential replacements as long as he is still in the post.

Quite agree Philip, but if he was looking for a "bigger club" and given the fact that he would by then have a full season behind him of Premiership experience, then you could argue that he would prefer going to his boyhood heros rather that the breezeblock for example, which is being put about on another thread.

I'd take Coyle in an instance. He would certainly end the carping about negative football and given what he has done with a limited bunch of donkeys at Turf Moor, he'd get our less limited donkeys looking like racehorses.

If Sam quits - but he is too stubbon to do that - then yes to Coyle. But Coyle would do very good with the current rovers squad imo.

Positives

Negatives

The obvious one

Not as much experience

Are you drunk or something? Im not happy with Sam the astronauts tactics, of kicking the ball up into space but he is a safer bet of keeping us up. We saw what happened when Mowbray, tried to play fancy football with West Brom.

Archived