BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summary of the first Half

Fulham looking v dangerous, being given too much time with the ball. W arent playing badly, hopefully second half we'll find another gear

Nzonzi having a poor game, Eeidy looking decent.

Kalinic is winning headers, Hangeland struggling with him and Mccarthy.

Ollson looking bright and had a good chance

the games ours to be won going ahead at home in the second half. sitting far too deep though and there hasn't been any real outlet to relief our defense. someone said earlier we'd play in the first and fold in the second. we didn't really play but there was certainly spirit - i just hope your wrong with the second half fold :blush:

Decent half.

Reid gives us some bite in the centre, but can't pass. Nzonzi is doing nothing. Emerton looks miles off the pace. Olsson is doing well.

Niko is finding it difficult so far, but the more crosses we put in the more he will come into the game.

Get Junior on for Brett.

Well, as it stands I'm on course for $500 in prize money.

Very scrappy, not much of an improvement. I don't know if people are seeing my points about the lack of cohesion within the team, but I definitely am. Every time the players try to do something with the ball, they don't read each other well enough and it breaks down. Some very basic mistakes putting us in danger as well. This is a team that can only improve by getting a couple of wins and getting back some of that confidence they have been lacking.

Reid at least adds some physical presence and energy to our central midfield. Nzonzi been poor and maybe needs a rest.

Emerton and Chimbo look promising down the right. Long ball from right to top left working well. As usual, our passing is awful!

Players look like they are working hard but need to be a bit more clever if possible, because some are being caught out of position leaving them with too much space.

Would like to see Holiett come on at some point, as need to give them something to worry about (i.e. his pace).

What was Samba's reaction all about? He sure as hell wasn't all smiles!

Maybe it was a message to Sam "let us play football and we will win games. Hoof ball and we don't" Samba's 100th game today in a rovers shirt.

i hope samba is as angry as the rest of us. His first 10 mins was a total nightmare. His distribution was rubbish. Hopefully the goal will lift his confidence. I am a big fan of his but he looked totally uninterested in the game. Do feel he struggles though with chimbonda on the right of him as pascal does goes to sleep leaving samba 2 players to cover.

Maybe it was a message to Sam "let us play football and we will win games. Hoof ball and we don't" Samba's 100th game today in a rovers shirt.

Lol it was a goal from a set piece, let's not get carried away with calling it "football" now.

Reid at least adds some physical presence and energy to our central midfield. Nzonzi been poor and maybe needs a rest.

Emerton and Chimbo look promising down the right. Long ball from right to top left working well. As usual, our passing is awful!

Players look like they are working hard but need to be a bit more clever is possible, because some are being caught out of position leaving them with too much space.

Would like to see Holiett come on at some point, as need to give them something to worry about (i.e. his pace).

Reid by all acounts has been very near a booking. But he does add a bit of steel in midfield. Nzonzi appears to be struggling. Wonder if it would be worth bringing off Nzonzi and bring on Junior and go 433

Nzonzi needs dropping, he has been poor for a while now. I'd give it 15 minutes and bring on Hoilett for him and move Emerton inside.

Benni has given us another dimension up front and in linking up with Olsson we now look like creating something.

I can't wait to see "that 15 minutes when we play some football" in the second half now :rover::lol:

Archived