BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool In Difficulties

philipl

But its looking most likely that one or more of Everton, Villa, Rovers, Man City, Pompey and West Ham will finish above Liverpool this season. They are going to regret not having applied for the Intertoto.

Haha, yeah its looking more likely that the likes of Rovers, Pompey, West Ham or City will finish above Liverpool, no offence but this is hall of lame stuff philip. Its only Everton and Villa who have a decent chance. Having said that I'm very very confident that Liverpool will take fourth place. Hope I'm wrong though...

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said one or more of that list- so I only need one of them to finish ahead of Liverpool to be right. :)

If you offered Rafa Everton's current league position and Everton's run-in in place of Liverpool's he would probably say yes please.

Everton's fixtures: Sunderland A, Fulham A, West Ham H, Liverpool A, Derby H, Birmingham A, Chelsea H, Villa H, Arsenal A, Newcastle H

Liverpool's fixtures: West Ham H, Newcastle H, Reading H, Man U A, Everton H, Arsenal A, Rovers H, Fulham A, Birmingham A, Man City H, Spurs A

That looks like a nice run of winnable fixtures coming up for Everton who are in a good run of form at the moment with the Anfield derby sandwiched in. By the time Everton play Chelsea and Arsenal every game will be like a Cup Final.

Liverpool catch Fulham just after they've played Newcastle, Derby, Sunderland and Reading so if Fulham are fighting for their survival, they will never be in a bigger fighting mood than when Liverpool go to the Cottage. Ditto Liverpool go to St Andrew's when Brum are unlikely to be mathematically safe from relegation.

Villa's run-in is more of a mixed bunch but they only have Man U of the top three left to play unlike the Mersey rivals who have two each to face. They also have quite their share of seemingly three point bankers coming up: Boro H, Pompey A, Sunderland H, Man U A, Bolton H, Derby A, Brum H, Everton A, Wigan H, West Ham A

For the record, Rovers' run-in: Fulham H, West Ham A, Wigan H, Reading A, Spurs H, Liverpool A, Man U H, Pompey A, Derby H, Brum A.

If West Ham (unlikely) find a good run of form, they are playing all their rivals so have it in their own hands to pull theselves into the shakedown for European places. Equally, Pompey and City are not so far behind that a good run would not bring them back into contention.

would be funny it if they didnt finish 4th though, but i cant see it happening it would be a shock. i mean considering their team and now its even stronger they cant keep finishing 5th every few seasons(considering their team) what i dont gewt is why they do so well in the champions league and struggle in the league.

I think its got something to do wih the fans, their croud on pl days is nothing like it is in the champions league.. :s they are always moaning about not challenging for the league, if their fabs took it more seriously it could help.

Like Boro in the UEFA 2 years ago. The players are all up for the european games and require little motivational input from the manager. Like Mclaren and other poor managers Benitez cannot provide enough motivation to his players for the bread and butter stuff in the Prem. It is apparent to me that they hold no respect for him.

they will have respect for him, im sure they will! The guys a legend all throughout liverpool with the players and the fans. They ave had a disapoining season fair enough.. but they will respsct him highly.. disapointed maybe but no lack of respect

Mihir Bohse of the BBC on triangles in Liverpool.

Was it a coincidence that the Liverpool-supporting CEO of DIC said it was going to take a lot more cash to sort out the American banking system sending Citigroup shares down another 5% today?

If you have the sort of financial muscle that guy has and some hick is getting in the way of buying your desired plaything, I guess the temptation to scare the beejazers out of any bank thinking of backing the hick is rather tempting.

All Americans give thanks to dubya for delivering them to this new and unpleasant world in double quick time.

I hope Torres and Gerrard have some sort of falling out now, and perhaps even splitting the team in two at the same time. Now that would be comedy, especially since they are the two players currently securing Liverpool's status as a top six team.

This is a good article. Naturally the good, warm hearted, great sense of humour, Capital of Culture Scousers will turn their backs on Mammon ...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/01/...re_wrong_t.html

but some how, like Citeh's grasping Blue Mooners, I sincerely doubt it.

• 3 weeks later...
But its looking most likely that one or more of Everton, Villa, Rovers, Man City, Pompey and West Ham will finish above Liverpool this season. They are going to regret not having applied for the Intertoto.

Haha, yeah its looking more likely that the likes of Rovers, Pompey, West Ham or City will finish above Liverpool, no offence but this is hall of lame stuff philip. Its only Everton and Villa who have a decent chance. Having said that I'm very very confident that Liverpool will take fourth place. Hope I'm wrong though...

No offence, but do you still think its looking more likely that one of those will finish above Liverpool?

Anyone else getting a bit tired of the top four always being the top four?

Liverpool may appealo the ban extension.

Perhaps the title of this thread ought to change to Liverpool stranded between greatness and disaster. Very good article by Martin Samuel who also clearly explains what Cappelo was trying to do in Rome but didn't have the players to do it.

I wonder whether Rovers will follow this 4-2-3-1 trend. Hughes has played it a couple of times but we don't have the pace in the team that the formation really requires.

I wonder whether Rovers will follow this 4-2-3-1 trend. Hughes has played it a couple of times but we don't have the pace in the team that the formation really requires.

I did wonder if this might be the way to go for next season and that the signing of Vogel might be a step in that direction.

Perhaps the title of this thread ought to change to Liverpool stranded between greatness and disaster. Very good article by Martin Samuel who also clearly explains what Cappelo was trying to do in Rome but didn't have the players to do it.

If we could get a player like ashley young and a huddlestone then we could play that formation. That article is very biased towards liverpool, as usual by that reporter. Like one of the comments on there below - how many of there players would actually get into United's, Arsenals or Chelseas team? Torres, Gerrard and maybe Carragher or Mascherano.

Archived