BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool In Difficulties

philipl

Do you not think that Liverpool despite being in the same league as us but on a slightly diiferent level, the parallels drawn between Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool at this moment in time are very very similar.

Questions about the current owners being used as having an affect on the pitch allegedly, the teams being based around only two outstanding players Rovers Bentley Cruz Liverpools Gerrard and Torres.

Both managers winning the hearts and minds of their respective supporters.

The reality that both teams will need more than your average fair share of luck to reach their end of season targets.

Disagree. Our squad hasn't cost that much. If you look at what Rafa has spent, it is more net than United in the time he has been there, it is totally down to him that he only has 2 outstanding players. 10 million for Kuyt, 8 million for Crouch, 6 or so for Pennant, 8 was it? for Babel (these are all non-researched numbers, but they definitely spent more on each of these players than we have on a single player).

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, but how long before the whingeing begins to turn into stronger feelings against Mark Hughes or the current owners.

if we get dragged into a relegation scrap then there will start to be rumblings against hughes, but even then i can't see the owners being that much of a target. but as long as we're competing for similar slots to liverpool i think most fans appreciate what we've got, as much as we think things could be better.

JAL- very perceptive to say that both Rovers and Liverpool are clinging on to hopes that they will achieve the bare minimum of their start of season's targets.

After that everything you have argued completely falls apart.

By saying being on different levels what i mean is yes they spend a lot lot more money per player than we do or can, but has'nt Mark Hughes on more than one occassion recently publicly stated that IF only he had some more money to spend on players sounds similar to Rafa Benetez. I concede that Hughes hasnt publicly criticised the Walker trustees but he does ask for more investment.

Maybe both managers Hughes and Benetez could quite possibly in the near near future lose the hearts and minds of their respective supporters. Its in the balance and only positive aqusitions and results will maintain the status quo but then again if results go against both teams will we all turn or anger against the owners and not the manager .

By saying being on different levels what i mean is yes they spend a lot lot more money per player than we do or can, but has'nt Mark Hughes on more than one occassion recently publicly stated that IF only he had some more money to spend on players sounds similar to Rafa Benetez.

Every manager would like more money though...however they haven't all ###### it away on a much more expensive Rigters or Roberts Dutch cousin!

who knows? if we had a fortune to spend we wouldnt be scouring for what on the surface looked like arsenal cast-offs, hertha berlin C team players and paraguayan also-rans.

The words of a very perspicatious & wise man, tony gale's mic. Many would be advised to pay heed.

Former Liverpool defender launches stinging attack on Benitez

I think Tommy Smith makes some legitimate points about the folly of Rafa's rotation policy. Benitez complained earlier in the season about a lack of money from the Americans, but he was still able to spend £45m last summer. His team should be doing better than they are and certainly not losing at home to Barnsley.

As for one of the other FA Cup matches on Saturday - West Brom's 5-0 win away at Coventry - it just highlights what an absolute shambles Rovers were when losing 4-1 at home to a team near the bottom of the Championship.

I notice that Larissa are also struggling in the Greek League this season. Our cup exits against Coventry and Larissa were a disgrace and I hope that Sparky made his feelings perfectly clear afterwards.

As for one of the other FA Cup matches on Saturday - West Brom's 5-0 win away at Coventry - it just highlights what an absolute shambles Rovers were when losing 4-1 at home to a team near the bottom of the Championship.

I notice that Larissa are also struggling in the Greek League this season. Our cup exits against Coventry and Larissa were a disgrace and I hope that Sparky made his feelings perfectly clear afterwards.

Absolutely, at the time your disappointed with the defeats but then the more you think about it the worse it seems get. For me the failure lies firmly at Mark Hughes door especially after he came out with the classic pre season comment 'this is the best squad i've ever had' nonsense.

Hughes must shoulder the blame he signed Bruno Berner failed to let Macarthy go when he wanted to plus failed to strengthen the centre of midfield in the summer then again missed the opportunity in january.

Hughes should thank his lucky stars that he happened to purchase Santa Cruz because with out him we'd have been well and truly stuffed.

Time for Rafa to go at Liverpool – aslong as he is in charge they wont the league, infact they wont even get close.

Inter Milan on Tuesday too – that could be very difficult!! Not happy times at Anfield!! LOVE IT, couldn’t happen to a nicer group of fans!

Time for Rafa to go at Liverpool – aslong as he is in charge they wont the league, infact they wont even get close.

Much as I'm not a fan of Rafa, I hope he stays in charge at Anfield as long as possible - continuing to drag them down to the level of the top seven or eight clubs.

Besides if Rafa does leave, there'll be a fresh round of speculation linking Sparky with the Anfield job this time followed by his public and pointed refusal to rule himself out out of the running which simply isn't good for us.

Much as I'm not a fan of Rafa, I hope he stays in charge at Anfield as long as possible - continuing to drag them down to the level of the top seven or eight clubs.

Besides if Rafa does leave, there'll be a fresh round of speculation linking Sparky with the Anfield job this time followed by his public and pointed refusal to rule himself out out of the running which simply isn't good for us.

Liverpool know and Mark Hughes certainly knows that he cant stand Liverpool football club must have been from his ManU days so dont worry about that one.

Liverpool know and Mark Hughes certainly knows that he cant stand Liverpool football club must have been from his ManU days so dont worry about that one.

With respect that's like expecting our former players not to sign for certain clubs because of their one time association with us.

Doesn't happen, they're professional sportsmen paid to do a job as is Sparky.

With respect that's like expecting our former players not to sign for certain clubs because of their one time association with us.

Doesn't happen, they're professional sportsmen paid to do a job as is Sparky.

Hughes has openly had ago a Liverpool and let his personal feelings be known when we've played at Anfield the only problem here was at the time there was some ex liverpool players in our team - players do talk especially in their own circles especially scouse ones.

Agreed re wanting Rafa to stay at Anfield as long as possible- he is utterly clueless in the Prem. Maybe famous last words but I simply do not see Sparky going there- he would be on a hiding to nothing as an ex-Manc. I think there was a poll of scousers not too long ago and more than 90% said they didn't want him in rather colourful language.

Rafa might get lucky against Inter who are slowly stuttering a bit at the top of Serie A. Lucky is the operative word as no way do I see Liverpool winning on merit unless a Rovers/Dingles sized gap has opened between the Prem and Serie A which I doubt.

Summed up Liverpool perfectly this morning, completely dominated from start to finish, yet watch their next Premiership match.

Who is for an Inter 3-0 turnaround at the San Siro?

Didn't see the whole game, only saw the last twenty minutes, but I thought they were fairly fortunate.

They were only about seven minutes away from a 0-0 draw playing against ten men for an hour which would have been an absolute disaster in the current climate.

(And I thought the Inter keeper should have stopped both goals)

Now however, the Scousers all seem to think Rafa is the greatest thing since sliced bread again and that the National presss is unfairly hounding him.

Didn't see the whole game, only saw the last twenty minutes, but I thought they were fairly fortunate.

They were only about seven minutes away from a 0-0 draw playing against ten men for an hour which would have been an absolute disaster in the current climate.

(And I thought the Inter keeper should have stopped both goals)

Now however, the Scousers all seem to think Rafa is the greatest thing since sliced bread again and that the National presss is unfairly hounding him.

They were fortunate to score their goals, deflection and of course SG (as usual) in the last ten minutes. However 28 shots on goal to Inter 3 says they were pretty dominate.

I still see them getting rolled in the return leg.

Archived