BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool In Difficulties

philipl

(And I thought the Inter keeper should have stopped both goals)

I don't think you can blame the keeper for the second one, just great placement. It did hit the post and go in.

The first he should have stayed on his feet and made an easy save although it did take a big deflection.

If i was a liverpool fan then id be embarrased. In the 1st 60 minutes they did nothing put dive and shout handball

Isn't that European football? ;)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were fortunate to score their goals, deflection and of course SG (as usual) in the last ten minutes. However 28 shots on goal to Inter 3 says they were pretty dominate.

I still see them getting rolled in the return leg.

Surely the word is dominant.

Anyway, the referee handed them the victory on a silver platter. Neither of t'Matrix's yellows were bookable offences, the result of which left Inter playing with ten men for an hour.

I thought Liverpool played quite well and very well in the final parts of the game. They were composed enough to keep patiently passing the ball around when in search of the first goal.

Gerrard was excellent. I despair at his crappery in the England shirt and some of the idolising that he receives from the English media (a bit like Saint John Terry) is really nauseating. However, he was so good yesterday. Whenever he got the ball in the second half he was making incisive passes that prompted the team forward. Mascherano was good too.

If i was a liverpool fan then id be embarrased.

Embarrassed? No way. They're the first team to beat Inter in 5 months - and are on the verge of the Quarters.

It wasn't pretty - and it was never a sending off - but they deserved a bit of luck. Playing against a 10 man wall is never easy - Inter never threatened.

The ref was a shambles, but barring the 2 soft yellows, didn't really favour either of the teams massively....and as for the commentators comments, wait till you hear them giving "their/Fergies" opinions next week :rolleyes:

Also, did anyone else think Gerrard was average at best, I mean Vieria was Liverpools best player second half :lol:

Can't really see them letting in 3 without reply in the San Siro....but wouldn't mind seeing it :lol:

Anyone watch Barcelona against Celtic ? An awesome display of passing , movement and overall positivity and still the impression that they could move up a gear or two . A three man forward line of Messi , Henri and Ronaldhino ......a proper Euro game for a change !

The Times are reporting that DIC are in negotiations to buy Liverpool from Gillet/Hick, deal expected next month.

More money for Raffa to waste or will the Dubai boys be clinical, take the fans' wrath and put someone in who can do the job (Mourinho?).

I wonder.................does Rafa have a series of tombolas that he spins to decide on formations, players and who to sub? I can see him there spinning the first, and announcing to himself that today's formation will be 4-4-2, and so on.

Maybe we can sell Ken Beamish for £3m if this is true.

"We're not good enough and we need to improve dramatically," says Steven Gerrard

Gerrard says: "It's sad so much of the club's business has been conducted in public. Liverpool always used to do its business behind closed doors. It's a damaging situation for everyone at the club."

Unfortunately that's the problem when you've got foreign owners in charge who don't fully understand the history and traditions of the game. (No disrespect to our American supporters on here, but I always had my suspicions about the two yanks in charge of the club.)

Jamie Carragher cautioned for assault after roadside argument

They can't be all that much in difficulties then if new buyers are eager to take over the club and Raffa's going to have more money to waste ......

Maybe they were never in any real trouble at all .

Read back through the thread then.

Current stories indicate Hicks will move to stop Gillett selling.

I suspect they are playing nice guy nasty guy to force up the amount DIC will pay them to leave but if Hicks does end up in sole control of Liverpool, I guess the Liverpool malaise will not be ending any time soon.

The DIC strategy is to buy the best available and then invest long term to make it dominant. So the scousers are onto a "racing certainty" if DIC do get them.

"We're not good enough and we need to improve dramatically," says Steven Gerrard

Gerrard says: "It's sad so much of the club's business has been conducted in public. Liverpool always used to do its business behind closed doors. It's a damaging situation for everyone at the club."

Unfortunately that's the problem when you've got foreign owners in charge who don't fully understand the history and traditions of the game. (No disrespect to our American supporters on here, but I always had my suspicions about the two yanks in charge of the club.)

Jamie Carragher cautioned for assault after roadside argument

Rafa is the one who makes most of it public, though. Spends more than anyone but Chelsea, yet whines that he doesn't have enough to spend...

Question: Does Benitez's reported 60 million net spending at Liverpool include the 17 million fee just paid for Mascherano?

This link answers my previous question:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...1/sfnliv101.xml

The answer according to the telegraph is 'no', and rafa's net spending whilst at Liverpool tops 100 million :blink:

Hicks is trying to float his sporting interests into a falling US market. One thing the boys from DIC are expert at dealing with are situations where there is a rising price only because they are the interested party.

Merseyside scrap for 4th. If Bolton beat or draw with Liverpool and Everton beat Pompey, even that might not look like much of a contest by the end of this afternoon. Still Liverpool should see off Inter when they finally get use of the San Siro in ten days' time and that in itself is no small achievement.

Archived