BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull Preview

colin

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

other than the miss, how did emerton do today? his form recently hasn't been to great.

From what I've seen it wasn't fantastic, he had looked pretty good the last 10 minutes, probably after Hull had taken off their full back! His crossing wasn't too great .He should have done much better with his 1 on 1, fantastic ball by Diouf and a great run by Emo. It was a pity we hadn't brought on Hoilett for him, because there seemed to be a bit of space out wide for him before going off.

Gawd! Good break weak weak shot by Diouf :( We are looking more and more nervous as the minutes tick.

When has Emerton ever really excelled consistantly for us at right midfield? His best form was when played at right back and wing back.

I thought he had looked pretty good in spells this season at right wing, I think it is similar to the Pedersen situation(and maybe Diouf after tonight?) where confidence plays a huge part. He jas the ability just seems to not 'go for it'.

Olsson very quiet 2nd half, Hull have put us under much more pressure and he hasn't been able to get forward. This is why I'd prefer him at left wing. Reidy on now for Niko, trying to shut up shop I guess? A bit too tense this. 4 minutes! damn :( stressed, very stressed. Olsson MOTM at the ground.

Wow 3 points? Didn't see that coming after the team selection. Having said that I was very happy with the balance of the team and the way we played.

Kalinic and Olsson both outstanding. Spit and Salgado both held their own. Andrews just quietly did his job.

Bit worried whenever I hear Robbo coming for the cross.....

Nelsen and Givet worked very well as a centre two once again.

John Taylor RIP

A big big 3 points! We deserved it without looking completely convincing. The sending off was a big moment, I'm sure it would have been much more of a battle against 11 men. Can't remember that many clear cut chances, we had a lot of the ball though. Diouf was very much improved, Niko battled well as usual, but needs someone decent upfront with him, as he is feeding off scraps and at the moment is playing a Kevin Davis type role by the look of it. Robinson pulled off some good saves first half, but his punching on free kicks and corners stresses me out, I hate this punching thing that goalies do these days!

Did Andrews go off injured at half time?

Just seeing highlights, the Givet chance was so unlucky, looked like it hit the goalies shoulder and hit the bar?

Another vital three in the pocket!

This saturday I have a big dress-up-party. I'm going as Niko Kalinic. Really love this lad, not sure why. Maybe because he's a legend.

You going to sit in the corner miles away from your friends and fight 2 bouncers on your own?! That's brave :D hehe

I have a liking for him too, I think it's because he reminds me so much of Matty Jansen, the way he moves and traps the ball?

what a relief that final whistle was. Poor football but both teams went at it, that's for sure.

No exagerration to say though that we should have scored 10 today. Miss after miss after miss, we were trying to break a record I think.

Olsson and Kalinic were very good. Diouf's best game all season by far too.

I would like to see some of the dummy spitting hysterics from before the game come on and eat humble pie but I suspect that won't happen. Happy to take 3 points either way.

Diouf Humble pie?: Eaten, yum yum.

Andrews Humble pie?: Nah, he was anonymous.

One up front humbe pie?: Niko worked hard, but it wasn't working for him, midfield did support attack very well though today. I'll eat a quarter of the pie.

Lump it pie: I'll have a mouth full or two, not too bad really.

People moaning aren't moaning for the fun of it, they are moaning because they are baffled at times by the managers choices!

Archived