SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull Preview

colin

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or as an overlapping full back to give us more attacking options? :wstu:

Hopefully we get a few more. I wonder what the reaction will be on here if we do. :)

Yes, but he isn't that great at defending, plus having a player that is your best attacking left sided option, by a million miles and then putting him at left back seems a little wasteful to me. Your high horse has just shat on my feet, I am allowed to have a different opinion to you, your greatness.

Of course I wouldn't replace 2 players with 1 player, though you could argue with them two in the team we are down to 9 players before we start. Hoilett and Reid in for Diouf and Andrews, failing that play Doran, he can't possibly be worse than Andrews or Diouf. We need Basturk and Dunn fit ASAP!

Playing Doran is unrealistic, suggesting we need Basturk and Dunn fit is stating the obvious. Hoilett is a player with potentital, he has been brilliant coming off the bench, but when starting he has been as ineffectual as Diouf. So I would honestly be reluctant to play him. Di Santo, Chimbonda and Roberts have all been rightfully dropped. The ONLY player I would consider putting on is Reid, but I would only put him on in place of Diouf and that would mean playing Pedersen on the left, since no one else in the team can do this.

Playing Doran is unrealistic, suggesting we need Basturk and Dunn fit is stating the obvious. Hoilett is a player with potentital, he has been brilliant coming off the bench, but when starting he has been as ineffectual as Diouf. So I would honestly be reluctant to play him. Di Santo, Chimbonda and Roberts have all been rightfully dropped. The ONLY player I would consider putting on is Reid, but I would only put him on in place of Diouf and that would mean playing Pedersen on the left, since no one else in the team can do this.

This is the reason we have a transfer window.

Hoilett has looked way more effective than Diouf, trust me on that! Diouf has been given way too much time to find his form. If he showed signs of being the player he was it'd be great, maybe a Pedersen style revival may happen, but I doubt it.

Yes, but he isn't that great at defending, plus having a player that is your best attacking left sided option, by a million miles and then putting him at left back seems a little wasteful to me. Your high horse has just shat on my feet, I am allowed to have a different opinion to you, your greatness.

So you would play Olsson on the left wing? And then what, play Givet at left back? Who would you put in central defence then? Salgado, Chimbonda or Jones? That would be a horrible choice of line up.

Hoilett has looked way more effective than Diouf, trust me on that! Diouf has been given way too much time to find his form. If he showed signs of being the player he was it'd be great, maybe a Pedersen style revival may happen, but I doubt it.

I don't trust you on that and I don't need to because I've been watching the games. Hoilett has simply been unable to keep up his performance throughout an entire match and whenever he's started he has looked decent at best. I would much rather keep him on the bench and bring him on as an impact sub.

Watching Olsson, you have to say that the difference between a good team and a bad team is confidence. If everyone in the team shared the same amount of confidence, we'd be coasting.

So you would play Olsson on the left wing? And then what, play Givet at left back? Who would you put in central defence then? Salgado, Chimbonda or Jones? That would be a horrible choice of line up.

I would have signed a left back in the transfer window or not signed 15 right backs in the summer. Olsson is most effective at left wing, but I guess you have a point, Givet is awful at left back as is Chimpbonda, though if he woke up and didn't give the ball away so much he'd be pretty decent and better defensively than Olsson.

On another note, we have played some decent football at times tonight :-)

Archived