BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull Preview

colin

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather update from Leeds-ish (for they think its all rover) - snow flurries here, but nothing settling.

On Reidy, he looked our best midfielder - not saying too much! - when he came on on Sat, but we were 3-0 down so Stoke were hardly at full pelt. Suspect he might start tonight, not sure he'll be up to 90 mins though.

Showsports isnt broadcasting it here. So so disappointing. They show a re-run at 6 am though, so Im thinking of not knowing the result and waking up early before work to watch the game. Desperate measures...

I think its on show kids mate the website got it wrong they said it on tv after the man city game yest. at least they are showing it on the right channel.

• Backroom

For some reason I have a growing sense of impending dread about tonight. We should be winning games like this everytime but I think it'll end a draw.

2-2 at a push

• Backroom

I understand from the man that organises it that the big flag will not be making an appearance in the Blackburn End tonight given the circumstances.

Would it be wise for me not to ask why?

I wonder what sort of tribute we'll see for John Taylor, the club may be cagey on it as they may not want to make too huge a deal over it just in case it came out that he was indeed involved in the trouble that led up to the incident.

I'm not saying he was or wasn't by the way. I think the minutes silence is enough personally as Rovers fans die almost daily, some of them young as well, just cause they don't leave this earth at a football ground doesn't make them less worthy of tribute.

Oh and Mr E I'd like to see Junior playing off Niko, his pace getting in behind defenders could cause them problems.

Would it be wise for me not to ask why?

No - it's no secret. He feels it would be inappropriate immediately before the minute's silence and as he is the guy who does all the hard work to make the flag happen I think he has the right to make the call. I can see an argument that John might have appreciated the flag being shown but there you are.

• Backroom

Ah thats fair enough, I thought maybe he was friends with the deceased or was there at the time.

To be fair it must be a pain sorting that flag out as it would take some folding

I would have expected a draw tonight based on current form. That may still be true, but I expect A very spirited, committed performance from the team in John's memory. They may even grind out a win. I just hope the players feel as we do about the death of a fellow Rover, and do all they can to win the match that is to be dedicated to his memory.

• Backroom

To be honest Mellison I doubt John's death will have any bearing on how the team plays. Nor should it in all honesty they should be commited to the cause and try to win for the fans every week

Archived