BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Remaining 13 Games

cletus

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at those lists of fixtures it's not just Rovers with a tough run in. I feel more confident we'll be ok starting with back to back wins in the next 2 games... :)

Exactly what I was gonna post yesterday,

I don't see anyway Pompey stay up, I'm finding it difficult to believe they will finish the season w/o the premier league taking control.

As I see it Burnley need to be 6 points clear by the end of march to stay up, I don't see the away form picking up and the home matches in april and may (City Liverpool and Spurs) are going to be very tough.

Bolton have one "winnable" game in the last 8 (home to Pompey* if they still exsist)

In my opinion the only ones close enough to fall into this mess are west ham, wolves, wigan, and Hull.

Coral have Portsmouth at 1/7 which I actually think is a great price (they're 1/33 elsewhere). 14.3% return 3 months.

But do you get paid out if the team doesn't make it to the end of the season?

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to see us reach 32 points before the Liverpool game and we have beaten that target by two which is fantastic.

Now the fun really starts with just 5 home games left and three of those against the teams battling for the title and the other two against teams we might look to overhaul if we get a really good run going.

Trips to Pompey and Wolves just when they are both at desperation door too- we could send them both down but those are games strugglers typically win against mid-table opposition.

Sunday, 28 February 2010

Liverpool v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 13 March 2010

Tottenham v Blackburn, 12:45

Sunday, 21 March 2010

Blackburn v Chelsea, 16:00

Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Blackburn v Birmingham, 20:00

Sunday, 28 March 2010

Burnley v Blackburn, 12:00

Saturday, 3 April 2010

Portsmouth v Blackburn, 15:00

Sunday, 11 April 2010

Blackburn v Man Utd, 13:30

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Blackburn v Everton, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Wolverhampton v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Blackburn v Arsenal, 15:00

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Aston Villa v Blackburn, 15:00

The thing is Phil is that now, the remaining fixtures are down to TWO categories.

Bonus points and must not lose. The MUST WIN category has now been ridded with the 4 in a row wins at Ewood.

Rovers just have to adopt a sensible approach to the following games.

Burnley, wolves and pompy- these are the must not lose games, even 3 draws are respectable and will impact on them and not us. However, I think Rovers CAN and WILL win at least 2 of these games.

Everton and Brum will be tough home games but with our home form and the hope that Everton continue in Europe, they are games again that we can win although I would be happy with 2 draws.

Villa, spurs and the big 4, livepoo,arsenal,manure and chelsea are clearly BONUS games should we take anything from them. I would be happy if Rovers could achieve 4 points from those 6 games.

Whatever the scenario, Rovers have the opportunity to actually take on the top 4 rather than rolling over and taking a pasting.

• 4 months later...

We did much better than most expected - think we have to remember what a horrible month October was for us, we played the "big 4" all away from home. You could not hand pick more difficult fixtures and it probably contributed to our shaky first half to the season, plus the fact we had such high player turnover from the previous season.

We can only go on our results already this season and they indicate that we will average slightly more than a point a game.No reason for this to change is there?

Quite pleased with my realistic assessment!

Won't average a point a game unless away form improves significantly. There are at least 3 no-hopers from the home games - Chelsea. MU, Arse.

Unlucky!

The change of squad members could well have had an impact on our early season - perhaps next season we should do better then considering we have seen very little change & quickly improving youngsters last season?!

The change of squad members could well have had an impact on our early season - perhaps next season we should do better then considering we have seen very little change & quickly improving youngsters last season?!

The one thing that scares me is our lack of forwards. Plus the fact that one of them is J-Rob.

Good point Hughesy. While we're all a little worried as to the lack of imminent transfer action - I do recall last season Big Sam saying there would be a certain 'bedding-in' period for a lot of the squad and results at the start of the season may suffer. Got to look to the positives I guess, glass half full etc.

Archived