BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Remaining 13 Games

cletus

Grant dire at portsmouth, zola below us in the league with better players, sousa one season in championship average job before that, coyle just got a new job, martinez_really? Worse away record than sam! Hughes won't come back but is only one I'd like back

How anyone can say Grant is dire at Portsmouth given their circumstances begger belief. Think a bit more investigation needs to go in before we get to that conclusion.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On ESPN just now, on Between the lines programme, Oliver Holt (our friend) and Mark Wright think we are going to slip into relegation trouble.

The reality is nobody is safe - Fulham are probably just about far enough away - but any other team given a run of bad luck and injuries could be pulled into the mire. Would be interested to hear their views on WHU - for me they have all the hallmarks of a team "too good to go down" - futher injuries to Cole and Parker could easily see them in the bottom 3 at the end of the season.

The BBC have their predictor - give it a go :-)

ohhh, ha ha ha ha haaaaa. you still don`t get it do you? we are poor AWAY FROM HOME. at home we have been a top 6 club. rovers will do more than enough to stay up and then sam will look at what he needs in the summer. this could mean some tough decisions to be made, if samba is a saleable asset in the region of 8m then maybe sam will have to sell to bring in what he needs for us to work as a team. for me a decision like that might not be all that tough as samba and nelson DO NOT work as a pair consistantly enough, simple as that. sam will be as dissatisfied as all of us with how things have gone this season with this set of players. at the end of last season we finished our run in having gained the kind of results a team going for europe normally acheives. i`m sure sam felt as we did that would continue into this season, but it simply hasn`t happened. to many players don`t seem to want to work hard for this club anymore(regardless of the manager), so sam has to ship them out and bring in ones that do.

it`s a long drawn out work in progress and as things stand in terms of our league placing, sam`s doing the job our board budgeted for, so you`ll just have to accept he`s going nowhere.

vs Hull City (H)....Win

vs Notlob (H)....Win

vs Liverpool (A)....Loss

vs Big Club (H)....Win

vs Spuds (A)....Loss

vs Chelski (H)....Loss

vs Bumley (A)....Win

vs Pompey (A)....Win

vs Man Ure (H)....Loss

vs Everton (H)....Loss

vs Wolves (A)....Win

vs L`arse (H)....Loss

vs Villa (A)....Loss

I think we can get 18 points from the above games. Even if we get 12 (less than a point per game over the next 13), we'll be at 40. The Rovers can do this.

I think we can get 18 points from the above games. Even if we get 12 (less than a point per game over the next 13), we'll be at 40. The Rovers can do this.

18 Points?! Smoss whatever your drinking over there in the States, ship some over here please buddy.

Here are my predictions:

vs Hull City (H)....Draw

vs Notlob (H)....Loss

vs Liverpool (A)....Loss

vs Big Club (H)....Win

vs Spuds (A)....Loss

vs Chelski (H)....Loss

vs Bumley (A)....Draw

vs Pompey (A)....Loss

vs Man Ure (H)....Loss

vs Everton (H)....Win

vs Wolves (A)....Loss

vs L`arse (H)....Loss

vs Villa (A)....Draw

I reckon we'll claim another 9 points. I've said it in the Hull match thread but I've got a really bad feeling about the next two games. Hull are on form and Bolton owe us one, and added to the Coyle factor I reckon they will do us. I think we'll pick up a couple of suprising wins - against the likes of big club and Everton to just about see us to safety. But Rovers being Rovers I'd imagine that we'll take it down to the wire.

on what basis are you so confident ,given the snooze inducing hoofeast on offer?

To be fair if you looked at how good our home form is it is not unreasonable to think we will win most of our remaining home games.

It is away we are going to struggle. 40 points should not be a massive problem.

18 Points?! Smoss whatever your drinking over there in the States, ship some over here please buddy.

Here are my predictions:

vs Hull City (H)....Draw

vs Notlob (H)....Loss

vs Liverpool (A)....Loss

vs Big Club (H)....Win

vs Spuds (A)....Loss

vs Chelski (H)....Loss

vs Bumley (A)....Draw

vs Pompey (A)....Loss

vs Man Ure (H)....Loss

vs Everton (H)....Win

vs Wolves (A)....Loss

vs L`arse (H)....Loss

vs Villa (A)....Draw

I reckon we'll claim another 9 points. I've said it in the Hull match thread but I've got a really bad feeling about the next two games. Hull are on form and Bolton owe us one, and added to the Coyle factor I reckon they will do us. I think we'll pick up a couple of suprising wins - against the likes of big club and Everton to just about see us to safety. But Rovers being Rovers I'd imagine that we'll take it down to the wire.

Pretty cynical predictions if you think we're going to be losing to Portsmouth and Wolves, even if it is away. smoss's predictions are perfectly reasonable, that's 6 winnable games and 7 difficult games. Even if we don't win all of the 6 winnable games, we should at least be able to win half of them, which should be enough.

Pretty cynical predictions if you think we're going to be losing to Portsmouth and Wolves, even if it is away. smoss's predictions are perfectly reasonable, that's 6 winnable games and 7 difficult games. Even if we don't win all of the 6 winnable games, we should at least be able to win half of them, which should be enough.

Unfortunately Miker our away form doesn't suggest anything less than a loss to any team in this division right now.

We'll blatantly lose to Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal at home so that's 9 games where anything will be a bonus (including away).

That leaves Hull, Bolton, Birmingham and Everton at home. As I say I've got a bad feeling about the next two but would loved to be proved wrong. I've put down that we'll beat Big Club and Everton at home which would be good results. Our form at home to the big clubs (Chelsea C/Cup aside) and our atrocious away form means that we're more or less operating on a 4 game season IMO. I wouldn't be suprised if that's being drilled into the players by Big Sam either given our away results and form against the big clubs under his tenure so far.

EASY!! We lose 1 game and then another thread like this appears....pathetic.

Back on the piste in Austria for me....

Hughesy, you must spend many hours each day trying to perfect being a pillock.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with losing 1 game. I`ve thought for many weeks we are far from safe (even when we reached 10th) There`s always a team that drops like a stone out of the blue. I fear it may be t`Rovers, looking at our run-in :unsure:

Talking about such things is not being disloyal to the club, so please take the blue & white blinkers off & smell the coffee.

I honestly think if we fail to get at least 4pts from the next two home games, we`ll get sucked into the relegation mire.....cos i cannot see where our points will come from after that. Our away form is so poor, i cannot see another point for us on the road.

We must make Ewood a fortress for our remaining games!!!!

vs Hull City (H)....Win

vs Notlob (H)....Win

vs Liverpool (A)....Loss

vs Big Club (H)....Win

vs Spuds (A)....Loss

vs Chelski (H)....Loss

vs Bumley (A)....Win

vs Pompey (A)....Win

vs Man Ure (H)....Loss

vs Everton (H)....Loss

vs Wolves (A)....Win

vs L`arse (H)....Loss

vs Villa (A)....Loss

I'd be willing to bet that we draw atleast one game between now and the end of the season.

I ran the BBC predictor sticking in draws in all our remaining "easier" games- we ended up 15th but with the worst GD of the PL.

Pompey, Wolves and Burnley went down with Sunderland escaping by the skin of their teeth. Just goes to show that Wolves and Sunderland have difficult run-ins as well.

Unfortunately Miker our away form doesn't suggest anything less than a loss to any team in this division right now.

We'll blatantly lose to Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal at home so that's 9 games where anything will be a bonus (including away).

That leaves Hull, Bolton, Birmingham and Everton at home. As I say I've got a bad feeling about the next two but would loved to be proved wrong. I've put down that we'll beat Big Club and Everton at home which would be good results. Our form at home to the big clubs (Chelsea C/Cup aside) and our atrocious away form means that we're more or less operating on a 4 game season IMO. I wouldn't be suprised if that's being drilled into the players by Big Sam either given our away results and form against the big clubs under his tenure so far.

I suppose that's fair enough, I've avoided making predictions because I don't think it's going to be as clear cut as that. We have a lot of winnable games against opponents in and around us both home and away, and we have games with some of the better teams at home. Our away record is atrocious, but our home record is solid, so it's very hard to say where we'll be picking up points. We could quite easily manage a draw with one of the big four and then lose away to Portsmouth, but it's very hard to predict given our inconsistent form.

I do think that smoss's prediction of 12-18 points is fairly realistic given the games we have. Are we really expecting to lose at least half of our remaining games?

I suppose that's fair enough, I've avoided making predictions because I don't think it's going to be as clear cut as that. We have a lot of winnable games against opponents in and around us both home and away, and we have games with some of the better teams at home. Our away record is atrocious, but our home record is solid, so it's very hard to say where we'll be picking up points. We could quite easily manage a draw with one of the big four and then lose away to Portsmouth, but it's very hard to predict given our inconsistent form.

I do think that smoss's prediction of 12-18 points is fairly realistic given the games we have. Are we really expecting to lose at least half of our remaining games?

We can only go on our results already this season and they indicate that we will average slightly more than a point a game.No reason for this to change is there?

Results have gone our way tonight - We MUST capitalise tomorrow...

As of this evening the table is as follows :

11th Stoke         30 pts
12th ROVERS        28 pts
13th Sunderland    26 pts
14th Wigan         24 pts
15th Hull          24 pts
16th Burnley       23 pts
17th Bolton        22 pts
18th West Ham      21 pts
19th Wolves        21 pts
20th Portsmouth    16 pts

These are each teams remaining games :

Stoke

Home: Man City, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Hull, Bolton, Everton

Away: Portsmouth, Fulham, Burnley, West Ham, Wolves, Chelsea, Man Utd

ROVERS

Home: Hull, Bolton, Birmingham, Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal

Away: Liverpool, Tottenham, Burnley, Portsmouth, Wolves, Aston Villa

Sunderland

Home: Fulham, Bolton, Man City, Birmingham, Tottenham, Burnley, Man Utd

Away: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Westham, Hull, Wolves

Wigan

Home: Bolton, Tottenham, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Burnley, Porstmouth, Arsenal, Hull

Away: Birmingham, Bolton, Man City, Fulham, West Ham, Chelsea

Hull

Home: Arsenal, Fulham, Burnley, Sunderland, Liverpool

Away: Rovers, West Ham, Everton, Portsmouth, Stoke, Birmingham, Wigan

Burnley

Home: Portsmouth, Stoke, Wolves, Rovers, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham

Away: Aston Villa, Arsenal, Wigan, Hull, Sunderland, Birmingham

Bolton

Home: Wolves, Wigan, Man utd, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Birmingham

Away: Wigan, Rovers, West Ham, Sunderland, Everton, Chelsea, Stoke, Tottenham

West Ham

Home: Birmingham, Hull, Bolton, Wolves, Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan, Man City

Away: Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Fulham

Wolves

Home: Tottenham, Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, Stoke, Rovers, Sunderland

Away: Bolton, Burnley, Aston Villa, West Ham, Arsenal, Fulham, Porstmouth

Portsmouth

Home: Stoke, Chelsea, Birmingham, Hull, Rovers, Aston Villa, Wolves

Away: Burnley, Liverpool, Tottenham, Wigan, Bolton, Everton

Looking at those lists of fixtures it's not just Rovers with a tough run in. I feel more confident we'll be ok starting with back to back wins in the next 2 games... :)

We can only go on our results already this season and they indicate that we will average slightly more than a point a game.No reason for this to change is there?

That's what I would expect at the very least. I honestly don't think we'll go and lose every single away game, and we'll notch up at least 2 or 3 wins along the way.

18 more points? Id love to see that. Possible but not probable at all.

Confidence. Visualize victory. :rover:

Arrogant @#/?. A very good beer from a San Diego brewery. I was introduced to it at a Navy Seal bar in Coronado Island. It was very good and I've made it a point to buy since. It's beginning to make its way into the grocery stores, so I'm not the only one who likes it.

As usual, Miker is very sensible. Buy yourself an Arrogant @#/?. You won't regret it. :D

Arrogant @#/?. A very good beer from a San Diego brewery. I was introduced to it at a Navy Seal bar in Coronado Island. It was very good and I've made it a point to buy since. It's beginning to make its way into the grocery stores, so I'm not the only one who likes it.

I had to read that twice then Smoss :lol:.

Anyone would think it's touch and go whether we'll stay up reading the comments on here. Victor Chandler have Rovers as 16/1 to get relegated. They're not the odds of a team in serious trouble. Coral have Portsmouth at 1/7 which I actually think is a great price (they're 1/33 elsewhere). 14.3% return 3 months.

Archived