BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rearranged Games

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday lunchtime is loads better for me! I was in the middle of trying to persuade my headteacher to let me off staff meeting so I could come up on Monday night. I think he would have let me but getting back at 1 in the morning is a right nightmare when you have lively 6 year olds the following day!!!

Sunday lunchtime? 12 noon? What kind of time is that? That mucks up my Sunday lie-in, Church and Sunday Lunch. And how am I going to watch the lunchtime match on tv when I'm at Ewood, that's what I'd like to know?

In seriousness it does muck a lot of people around. Personally I am working Sunday and Monday was a push for me to make it but at least I could. Saturday would have been better all round except for the clubs who seem to still put the couple of grand above the majority of the fans. I can't take a half day as the game is too early and I am loathed to waste a days leave on watching the current brand of 'football' on offer at Ewood when I can use it for camping in my van during the summer. In fact if the team does not buck up considerably between now a May my 25 year stint as a ST holder will end as the football we play makes £199 seem very, very expensive.

Not too long ago I would have taken the day off work without a second thought. These days I find I just don't give a damn. I am quickly falling out of love with football and it makes me sad.

Looked on the fixtures page on the Rovers site and it says the Birmingham game is now on Wednesday 24th March does anyone know if this is right?

They haven't announced it however it is showing on the site that therefore, that must be it. The Birmingham website also have the same date.

Pain for me to i had to cancel my room on the Monday night with no refund and can't make the 12:00pm kick off on the Sunday :angry:

I'm not sure I'll make it either. I'm on duty at church which means I have to stay behind to lock up etc. I would normally explain my position to one of the other stewards who would do it for me so I could get away by 11 and make the match but as I'm anticipating missing a few Sundays soon cos I have to go into hospital for an op and don't know how long I'll be out of action, I'm loath to ask. Really frustrating. 2pm would have been fine or even 1 but 12 is a real problem.

Sunday 1200.

Do ESPN and the Rovers board have no regards to the workings of the Blackburn Sunday Football League.? This season is already becoming a nightmare with the weather causing postponements, and playing at home on a Sunday at 12 Noon does nothing to help the league

Bugger. 12.00 Sunday is useless. There goes my Sunday ride with the club. Saturday would have been great. angry.gif

waste of time for me Paul.

I had a table booked at Ewood on the Monday evening for 4 of us (my Birthday) and the Tuesday booked off work to recover. Wwe could have moved to a Saturday at a pinch.

Sunday is out due to a family event. Mt ST's are a complete waste of time due to constant fixture changes. I am going on a match-by-match basis next season, this will save a fortune.....Rovers have also missed a table booking for the Bolton game and the associated bar bill (large bar bill !!).

The fixtures have been a real pain this year. One of my lads is in Southport, I have to drive over to get him, about 90 minutes there and back, go to the game, then drive back to Southport before going home! An 8.00pm KO means leaving for Southport no later than 5.30pm and usually getting home around 12.15am. Hard work, nearly 7 hours to watch 90 minutes of pretty poor football.

As for this Sunday 12.00 nonsense it means the day is half ruined. no time to do anyhting in the morning and most of the afternoon has disappeared. Still it's the millions who watch on TV who call the tune, not the poor buggers who turn up every week.

Archived