BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rearranged Games

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez people if the time is inconvenient for you don't go to the game. Is there really a need for such moaning? I for one won't be there as I'll barely be out of bed from Saturday night, but that's my prerogative.

Obviously you don't go if you can't but when I bought my season ticket I and many othrs expected to be able to get to the majority of games. Many people arrange their work shifts and other events around the published fixture list so they can get to the majority of games. Now many people are having to miss a game they had expected and planned to be able to go to. I reckon that means they are entitled to a good moan.

Jeez people if the time is inconvenient for you don't go to the game. Is there really a need for such moaning? I for one won't be there as I'll barely be out of bed from Saturday night, but that's my prerogative.

If the game was not rearranged so late then it would have been fine. There should have been a back up plan as soon as the FA Cup draw was made, however, they leave it a week before the game and expect fans to rearrange just like that. It isn't that simple. I can't book time off work because I have to give 4 weeks notice in advance!

Just because it suits you, doesn't mean we aren't entitled to complain!

1200 Sunday is far better for me than a 2000 on a Monday evening. I get home at a sensible time, not midnight. Next week was even worse as I had to travel to Bristol first thing Tuesday morning.

Whatever the kick-off time, there will be winners and losers. I bet some people would prefer no Saturday 1500 kick-offs if asked.

It's just a pity that Rovers didn't say what the planned alternate time & date were in advance, so fans could try to minimise the chance of being double booked.

The fixtures have been a real pain this year. One of my lads is in Southport, I have to drive over to get him, about 90 minutes there and back, go to the game, then drive back to Southport before going home! An 8.00pm KO means leaving for Southport no later than 5.30pm and usually getting home around 12.15am. Hard work, nearly 7 hours to watch 90 minutes of pretty poor football.

As for this Sunday 12.00 nonsense it means the day is half ruined. no time to do anyhting in the morning and most of the afternoon has disappeared. Still it's the millions who watch on TV who call the tune, not the poor buggers who turn up every week.

do you think there are going to be millions, watching the Rovers vs Bolton game? As im from Cape Town, i have no choice but to watch the game on tv. There are many others who also live quite far, and who only has the tv as an option. I feel for those who go to Ewood, and who have to make alternative arrangements due to all this nonsense. Saturday would have been perfect, and if it meant not being on tv, then so be it. The club and FA obviously has not taken the fans into consideration

Left to my own devices I wouldn't go as I'd prefer to be out for the Sunday club ride with my cycle club. However my son is unable to attend on his own due to his disabilities and I'm reluctant, in fact I will not, put my own interest and enjoyment ahead of my son's. The moving of this fixture is to an extent outside of Rovers control, which I appreciate. What irritates me is the constant rescheduling of fixtures for TV and that this game could just as easily be played at 3.00pm Saturday if it were not for TV.

do you think there are going to be millions, watching the Rovers vs Bolton game? As im from Cape Town, i have no choice but to watch the game on tv. There are many others who also live quite far, and who only has the tv as an option. I feel for those who go to Ewood, and who have to make alternative arrangements due to all this nonsense. Saturday would have been perfect, and if it meant not being on tv, then so be it. The club and FA obviously has not taken the fans into consideration

I was thinking generally rather than specifically abouit this game though I imagine the global audience will be in the millions when everything is taken into account.

I might be wrong but I reckon our last Saturday 3 o'clock kick off at Ewood was 19 December 2009.....

and our next one is on the 10th April 2010.

That's nearly 4 months! :o

and I can't even go to April 10th because I booked a flight to Barcelona for that day rather than the Sunday. Hoping it is on TV so I can watch it out there.

Last game I made it to was Sunderland and that was a barrel of laughs. Oh well hopefully next season we will get back to the decent kick offs and not being moved at the last minute games.

and I can't even go to April 10th because I booked a flight to Barcelona for that day rather than the Sunday.

Wish I was going to Barcelona Modes. Fantastic City - I could well live there. If I had to support a second football team, then being a season ticket holder at the Nou Camp would do nicely.

and I can't even go to April 10th because I booked a flight to Barcelona for that day rather than the Sunday. Hoping it is on TV so I can watch it out there.

Last game I made it to was Sunderland and that was a barrel of laughs. Oh well hopefully next season we will get back to the decent kick offs and not being moved at the last minute games.

Hoping to do Lorient - Rennes on April 10th

Dilema time :(

We`ve got a night out in Liverpool on the Saturday night & my brand new 50inch tv is being delivered on Sunday. I specifically asked for a pm delivery, cos i probably won`t be feeling too great after our night out. :wacko:

I`m not sure if i`ll be able to make the game, unless i can get somebody to house-sit for a couple of hours.

We`ve got a night out in Liverpool on the Saturday night & my brand new 50inch tv is being delivered on Sunday. I specifically asked for a pm delivery, cos i probably won`t be feeling too great after our night out. :wacko:

I`m not sure if i`ll be able to make the game, unless i can get somebody to house-sit for a couple of hours.

I'm sure you would get a few volunteers to sit in your empty house waiting for your new telly to arrive, while you're at Rovers Cletus!

And in an ironic twist you know the brand new 50" tv will arrive after the game finishes so you wont even get the enjoyment of watching us on the new tv. :P

Get a friend or family member to sit for you...miss footy for a delivery?! Give it a rest.... wouldnt even be there for a baby delivery if Rovers were on! It will still be there when you get back :lol:

Man United at home looks like it has been moved to Sunday 1.30pm. On Telly at a guess.Rovers Site.

That will make it 8.30 pm here in Asia. Complete coincidence obviously that United now make regular lunch time appearances that then stimulate their global lamp shade sales. Bars here are rammed with gawking goons shrieking at Rain Looney. No sign yet of any glory Rover boys. Shame really as Brackburn Lovers sounds cool in the local vernacular.

:wstu:

The Brum game has done me in. I've this minute only just realised that we are playing on Wednesday and thus need the day off work...as I've left it so late...NO CHANCE! :(

LOL @ ME! Thought it was 24th Feb but is in fact March! HURRAH! :wstu:

Archived