BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

ewoodpo

I think Barcelona are going out. The dodgy sending off is all the motivation Mourinho needs to gee his lot up. Before that Barcelona's possession stat was amazing, I don't think Sneidjer touched the ball. Zlatan is proving again that he goes missing in big games (cue 2nd half hat-trick).

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Pathetic sending off IMO, if you look at the replay the Barca player looks up whilst on the ground clutching his face, I hope Inter win.

the guys play acting was awful but it makes no odds, by the book it's a red card I imagine. As with arteta at ewood if you raise hand no matter how softly and catch someone in the face you risk a red

Over two legs Messi has done nothing. If he is the best player of his generation these are the type of games you have to grab by the scruff of the neck. On top of that he seems clueless against a team that sits back and can actually defend....I'd like to see him in the premier league every week.

the guys play acting was awful but it makes no odds, by the book it's a red card I imagine. As with arteta at ewood if you raise hand no matter how softly and catch someone in the face you risk a red

No, huge difference. One is a poke in the eye, the there is a blind armed raise and a fingertip brush to the face. He could just have easily caught him in the chest.

• Backroom

For the record I don't think that should ever be a red but by he book it's possibly right but I'm not an expert on the rules. Certainly the reaction got him

sent off though

Messis ball for bojans header was sublime but he has been mainly nullified

I just realised before the red card he was on a yellow so to be honest when you raise a hand you have to expect at least a yellow so while it shouldn't have perhaps been a straight red, it was perhaps right for him to go by the letters of the law, still made a complete meal of it though and was looking for it.

Interesting last 5 minutes now, always risky trying to defend a lead ;)

It's going to be a boring final with Bayern & Inter I would like to see what the posession stats were for tonight.

Well done Inter they deserved that over the two legs.

Jose has gone crazy on the pitch what's with the raised fingers.

Mourinho is hilarious in his arrogance

Yes, deinitely. But I think he's allowed in this case. I think he is allowed to be because of his achievements as well. He's badly missed in the Premier League, we've been stuck with the fat Spanish waiter and Arsene never saw it..

SSN reported something like 555 passes completed by Barcelona compared to Inter's 67. Yowza.

More importantly - Inter are through & Barca are out :blink:

Its not how long you have the ball....its what you do with it, when you have it that counts!

I don't think Topman suggested otherwise, he was just presenting a stat which is amazing if true. You wouldn't think it would be possible to progress under those circumstances.

No I know he wasnt....just stating another Stat! No arguements needed :lol:

Anything is possible if Mourinho is the boss :tu:

Mourinho clearly just copied of Big Sam!

- Deep lying backline with two defensive midfielders infront.

- Isolated one up front.

- Playing a left-back at left midfield.

- Switching to 4-5-0 when down to 10 men.

- Very little possession of the ball.

Sound fimiliar?

Obviously Inter have a higher quality of player and therefore are able to put the tactics into greater effect but it just goes to show how well the said tactics can work in the right situation.

Except when we needed to keep it tight at Villa after going down to 10 men we conceded 6. This is not an attack on Sam, more of an appraisal of how well Mourinho did to triumph in the Nou Camp. There were some strong rumours at Stamford Bridge that he might return should Man Utd snatch the title from them.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Someone at Barca really lacks class. At the end of the game, with the Inter players and staff celebrating and thanking their fans, the sprinklers came on. There is no way that that was not deliberate as it was less than 5 minutes after the final whistle. That, in my humble opinion really lacked class. Congrats to Inter. Absolutely hate Barca. Messi was totally ineffective. He actually played as if he was injured. Mourinho is a very special coach. I really enjoy watching his teams play.

- Isolated one up front.

Sound fimiliar?

Obviously Inter have a higher quality of player and therefore are able to put the tactics into greater effect but it just goes to show how well the said tactics can work in the right situation.

Key to what you have said is "in the right situation". No problem sitting back against the top sides, but you have to take the game to bottom half teams and we often apply the same tactics.

• Backroom

Someone at Barca really lacks class. At the end of the game, with the Inter players and staff celebrating and thanking their fans, the sprinklers came on. There is no way that that was not deliberate as it was less than 5 minutes after the final whistle. That, in my humble opinion really lacked class. Congrats to Inter. Absolutely hate Barca. Messi was totally ineffective. He actually played as if he was injured. Mourinho is a very special coach. I really enjoy watching his teams play.

I think that's quite funny to be honest and I'm sure it didn't dampen (ahem) the celebrations

Joses run was legndary

- Isolated one up front.

Sound fimiliar?

Yeah, except Mourinho did it against Barcelona and Sam did it against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Archived