BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

Confirmed in the Sydney Daily Telegraph that Blackburn Rangers, Sydney FC, and AEK Athens instead of Boca Juniors will play in a pre season Friendly, looks like its going to start on the 25th/26th July, dates to be confirmed tomorrow according to the article. I can't wait for this, shame Boca have pulled out, as would have liked to have seen them, but still should be awesome to see the mighty blue and whites down under.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed in the Sydney Daily Telegraph that Blackburn Rangers, Sydney FC, and AEK Athens instead of Boca Juniors will play in a pre season Friendly, looks like its going to start on the 25th/26th July, dates to be confirmed tomorrow according to the article. I can't wait for this, shame Boca have pulled out, as would have liked to have seen them, but still should be awesome to see the mighty blue and whites down under.

This aint gonna be cheap !!

WHO ?

WHO ?

Yeah ok I missed out a Comma inbetween Blackburn and Rangers, sorry. Didnt know the punctuation police were monitoring the messageboards. :P

Anyway should be made official tomorrow, with dates etc, so will keep an eye out.

Yeah ok I missed out a Comma inbetween Blackburn and Rangers, sorry. Didnt know the punctuation police were monitoring the messageboards. :P

Anyway should be made official tomorrow, with dates etc, so will keep an eye out.

Vital Football confirms dates as 25,28 and 31 July, double-headers apart from Saturday Final.

Vital Football??

Like i said will be made official tomorrow, with the draw and dates. Seems the NSW government was holding it up. I dont't know that christina keneally, pain in the arse

I've done the best cut and paste job I could--arrangements seem pretty definite:

Check out the forum! There are 5 members viewing right now and 21 visitors today.... Click here to join in!

Rovers Aussie Tour CONFIRMED!!!!

The all but confirmed story, is now confirmed!!!!

Blackburn Rovers, along with Rangers FC and AEK Athens ( who replaced Boca Juniors), will be competing against Sydney FC in 3 double header encounters at the Sydney Football Stadium

The games will be held on Sunday, July the 25th, Wednesday July 28th and Saturday July 31st (all Sydney dates). The draw will be provided tomorrow, with Sunday possibly being 2 day games, Wednesday being an evening double header and Saturday up for grabs!

So there you have it, Sas promised to deliver, and here it is!

Looking forward to see the boys for the first time ever!!

EDIT-

Cheers to Garth Friel from Sportinglife for putting this up on the Live transfer link section

0927: Although it's not a transfer line, I'm going to let Tony Sassine's email in due to the fact it mentions Rangers.

He says: "The mighty Blackburn Rovers will be travelling to Sydney, with the 4 team tournament booked in for July 25 through to July 31, with AEK Athens joining Blackburn, Rangers and Sydney FC after Boca Juniors pulled out of the Sydney tour - Good Times!"

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/index_wk.html

:D

Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer: Sasman

Date:Thursday June 3 2010

Time: 6:01AM

Your Comments

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sasman

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Awesome absolutely awesome!!!! This is almost unbelievable!! So thrilled. I will be at all the games mate. No doubt!!!

oziroversfan

Will be the first time for me too! But the wife will can the O/S trip with my brother next year for sure. :( But oh well, Rovers are coming to Sydney!! Rovers are coming to Sydney!!

oziroversfan

kinda hope they dont charge over the top though!!! like i couldnt care less bout the other game, i just wanna see my ROvers!!!

sasman

I'm the same no real interest in the other games! But I think they will be quite resonable with price. Not that it really matters though! cause ( sing it ) "Rovers are coming to Sydney"

oziroversfan

mate for those 7 days...wow...im going to email rovers now, wanna see if they will be holding in open training sessions and so on....gotta feeling i might be "sick" for a couple of days :D

sasman

Haha. Me too! Be sure to let me know if they do please mate! Would be much appreciated!!

oziroversfan

lol 1 minute of fame much? (see edit) lol

sasman

Hehe. Nice. :)

oziroversfan

This is just awesome news, but can we have them back please guys? I am not gonna be pleased if you start kidnapping players!!!

Mikey Delap

i might keep emo......and maybe givet...bennipoo wont be too happy with that :D.....or how about, Keith Andrews and Jason Roberts mysteriouslly dissapear?

sasman

Read more: http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=200672#ixzz0pmoKpwox

I'll be there. Who can we charge with organising us Rovers fans to meet up at a pub or something?

For the sake of organisation can we all, from here on in, keep the Aus visit to the already established topic:

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/23106-rovers-playing-in-sydney/

We can arrange things from there and leave this topic for all other pre-season friendlies.

Hearts (away) confirmed for Saturday 7th August http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2063632,00.html which probably rules out a home pre-season match. Hopefully a better trip than that to Dundee!

Just noticed this too - il be going their I think. Weekend away would be good!! Good night life their too!

Edinburgh will be buzzing that weekend with the start of the Fringe Festival but bear in mind accomodation won't be that cheap or readily available. I'd book asap if you want to stay the weekend.

Might have to speak to one of the bosses at my work then....always knew her appartment could come in handy!! :lol:

or another option - Novotel 4* hotel - £318 for 2 nights stay for 2 of us, with a queen size bed :lol:

or a cheaper option - Western Manor House 3* Hotel - £190 for 2 nights for 2 stay :tu:

Might have to speak to one of the bosses at my work then....always knew her appartment could come in handy!! :lol:

or another option - Novotel 4* hotel - £318 for 2 nights stay for 2 of us, with a queen size bed :lol:

or a cheaper option - Western Manor House 3* Hotel - £190 for 2 nights for 2 stay :tu:

You'd all be better off staying in Glasgow - its a very short train journey from Edinburgh and a much better city than its reputation would have you believe

Archived