BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group C Discussion - Algeria, England, Slovenia, Usa

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible so far. James instead of Hart, Carragher instead of Dawson both awful choices. Gerrard on the left is a liability - he's not intelligent enough to play with any discipline.

As much as Rovers don't, England do have the players to play 1 up front. I would have dropped Heskey (who is basically a @#/? Jason Roberts), and played Gerrard and Lampard right behind him. Joe Cole HAS to play as sadly he's the only English player capable of the unpredictable. Lennon should be pushed wide right, and Barry just sitting in front of the back 4.

Capello at the mo looks about as clueless as McClaren did.

Come on Fabio, sort it!!

The negatives:

Lennon has been totally out of the game.

Gerrard hit a shot into my back garden, not once but multiple times.

Our two strikers are doing the midfields job of recovering the ball. Heskey even helped out at right back. The strikers should be up front!

Learn how to keep the ball...it really isn't that hard!

The positives:

Barry has played well after so long out.

The goalkeeper and defence look comfortable despite the missing midfield.

Fabio will give them a good talking too!

Possibly our worst half in recent memory, off the top of my head I can't think of a game where we've looked so clueless against 'weaker' opposition.

Forget any talk of whether or not we are good enough to reach the semi's etc, are we good enough to win a game?

It can only get better, but then I thought that after the USA game.

Capello falling into the same trap Allardyce often does - trying to shoehorn players into his system rather than adapting the system to his players strengths. Remember 1990? We were hopeless until Sir Bobby changed the system to suit the players and used a sweeper - look how far we got then. Over to you Fabio ....

For the love of god get that f***ing big galoot Heskey off!!!!

You say get heskey off but Rooney has been worse. He's been woeful again

At least Rooney can finish if he gets the chance, but yes, he's been terrible along with pretty much every other England player. I guess he'd better buy that caravan and start growing the beard.

It made me laugh when Tyldesley said that Carragher was going to miss the next game like that was a negative?!? :blink:

Lennon for Wright-Phillips does nothing - the problem is the system and that will just be like-for-like.

• Backroom

I just can't work out what's up with Rooney lampard and gerrard, all really poor.

Rooney especially looks lazy and uninterested

Try pressing the red button and watching ITV live - some great texts, more enteraining than the footie. "it doesn't matter who wins as long as everyone has fun!"

Archived