BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group C Discussion - Algeria, England, Slovenia, Usa

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes to go and we're not creating anything.....so the £1 million question is:

WHY IS JOE COLE NOT ON THE GOD DAMN PITCH????!!!! :angry:

Exactly.

To me it's glaringly obvious - choose the system that best suits the players, and what they're most comfortable with. Also pick your only player with any unpredictability and creativity. For me we have to line up:

.............Hart

Johnson...Terry...Dawson...A Cole

.............Barry

Lennon...Gerrard...Lampard...J Cole

............Rooney

Let Gerrard and Lampard play off Rooney - in the same way they do with Torres and Drogba at their clubs. Rooney plays up front on his own at United so no big change there.

The problem here is Capello and his reluctance to change. It's the same criticisms levelled at BFS, except this time the majority DON'T want 4-4-2!! ;)

Tonight just sums up why i have no affinity with the current England side or desire to follow England as closely as i should. A squad full of utter dross and a manager who is so inflexible when it comes to tactics and players.

Got to be one of the worst England performances i have seen in my 27 years on Earth.

Watching RTE's coverage. Brady and Giles look stunned by the performance.

Anyway, Algeria were living on the edge for some of the game and had no cutting edge of any description but credit to them for coming through in the way they did. Fair play.

I feel genuinely gutted for the English fans (so derided by Wazza at the end) who have spent all that money going down there. No wonder they're booing.

Rooney should be dropped for the next game, he is either injured or doesn't care. Disgrace!!

Lampard, Gerrards set pieces were shocking, I've never seen them do that for there clubs!

Rooney is a prick and deserves to the abuse, how can he say anything as he comes off the pitch, fat scouse tosser!

Oh well, we'll find a way to f it up against Algeria....

Can only hope that the second half gives us the momentum that we need, though. A win and we're through.

So much for:

England

Algeria

Slovakia

Yanks

My word, followed up the best game of the world cup with the worst and one of the worst England performances I have ever seen. Totally clueless, slow, no creativity, really nothing good about it. Still in with a good chance of going through, but we don't deserve it. Heskey must be dropped, gerrard has to be played centrally, so many obvious things. I almost get the feeling that capello is simply too bloody minded to change anything though.

Hopefully a good performance against Slovenia....it can't get much worse

No passion,skill or creativity.

Add to that a manager who appears to have difficulty (obviously through the language barrier) in expressing himself.His post match interview was nothing more than mumbled garbage!

Just bloody awful......Rooney doing his best to imitate Benni 'McDonalds' McCarthy? :unsure:

Archived