BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Boots

As my pre-season has just started and I haven't played for a while after my acl knee reconstruction, I thought I'd treat myself to some new boots.

I've had many pairs of Predators over the years and really like the new white/night sky/cyan edition out this week, the star design is very cool although i'm quite tempted by Nike's new T90's in similar colours.

To keep options open, I was browsing through other makes and found these

Puma Power Cat 1.10- VIP Edition

Doubt the demand will be to high tbh.

The best boots ever made were the 1998 Predator Accelerator

sprtSoccerAdidas_Predator_Accelerator_Cup-resized200.jpg

2nd hand boots still fetch around £200 on ebay.

There are only 2 sorts of boots you need to look at really. World Cups for when its wet, Copa Mundials for when its dry or on astro. I bought 2 pairs of each (match and training) for this season at the weekend. I havent worn a different sort of boots since i was 14, you can beat a classic.

Please dont presume to think you know what I think or know about reserve team footballers at rovers or any other club for that matter, I knew an awful lot about them and had watched them a number of times as my father is a senior figure within a league 2 club and I often go with him to sign/scout players as its something of interest to me. Rovers have an excellent relationship with said League 2 club so have seen a number of players in closed door games, etc.

For playing:

f5093.gif

For Coaching:

puma-king-football-boots.jpg

I still wear these, real leather and great protection for the ankles.

Good choice but always found the nails would poke through the inner sole, shredding your feet.

I preferred something a with a little bit more durability, also put the fear of God into the opposition.

nofzn6.jpg

Grip was not great but but rarely turned your ankles.

34t7uhe.jpg

At least five seasons between re studding.

As my pre-season has just started and I haven't played for a while after my acl knee reconstruction, I thought I'd treat myself to some new boots.

I've had many pairs of Predators over the years and really like the new white/night sky/cyan edition out this week, the star design is very cool although i'm quite tempted by Nike's new T90's in similar colours.

To keep options open, I was browsing through other makes and found these

Puma Power Cat 1.10- VIP Edition

Doubt the demand will be to high tbh.

The best boots ever made were the 1998 Predator Accelerator

sprtSoccerAdidas_Predator_Accelerator_Cup-resized200.jpg

2nd hand boots still fetch around £200 on ebay.

I've got 2 pairs of the accelerators both in pretty good condition.

Think I'll be banging them on eBay.

Personally I prefer the adipure range.

They're the comfiest (sp) boots I've ever owned. Just ordered myself the new adipure 3's.

Quite a coincidence because tonight at gaelic football training, my adidas copa mundials tore. They are without doubt one of the best set of boots that I've had. Just pure class. They look great, they feel great and they are so durable.

_vyrd13_34Adidas-Copa-Mundial.jpg

As rog of the rovers rightly says, the Predator Manias were awesome. They are the best Predators ever in my opinion. I would absolutely love to get a pair now. I've checked ebay, but I'm not forking out £200+ for a pair. They are a work of art and wish that Adidas would bring back some of the classics like these and the Accelerator. It's funny because you get many gaelic footballers in Ireland still wear them year after year. I would love to know where they get them from. Cork's Eoin Cadogan wears them. I wonder if he and Cork players who tend to wear them a lot get them directly off Adidas?

ecadogan_sports_i_592027t.jpg

I've used the Copa's for years as well, and they're very good as well. But they're biggest weakness is their durability. As for the Predator Accelerator "hype", I used to own a pair and it's the worst pair I've owned. :)

Mizuno make really good lightweight boots as well, the Mizuno Morelia's are great.

PDS002008002.jpg

Not played 11 a side in a long time, but I have to say the best boots I ever had would have to be the F50I's and if I ever got chance to play 11s again I would most likely get the F50I Tunits

51WN8eL6wQL._AA300_.jpg

has all the studs you need included in the box.

At the moment I play 5 a side up JJB and 7 a side down at the Bric, for those I wear the World Cup Preds. some of the best astro boots out there.

Two other pairs of boots that I've had which I've really liked are the first edition of the Adidas F50's. I actually still have them, so that should save me having to buy some new boots.

13801289.jpg

And a pair of Adidas Absolute's which were brilliant for playing gaelic football in.

PDR002001646.jpg

Archived