BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 25 Man Squad

Excellent point Iceman or whatever your name is how exactly does that now work?. As they have so few home grown players they should be fined,but I think the Prem. Lge. will sweep it under the carpet because of their big 4 status. It is sickening though every team knew full well the rules for a number of months now,they could easily have sorted their squad in that time.

Excellent point Iceman or whatever your name is how exactly does that now work?. As they have so few home grown players they should be fined,but I think the Prem. Lge. will sweep it under the carpet because of their big 4 status. It is sickening though every team knew full well the rules for a number of months now,they could easily have sorted their squad in that time.

The newspapers have added the HAS to be 8 home grown players -part. The actual rule is max 25 players, and if a club has a full squad of 25, 8 players have to be home grown. The club doesn't have to name 25, so if they name 20 players, only 3 have to be home grown. No conspiracy here.

Wonder what frame of mind Roberts will be in as clearly the manager doesn't want him. Will he be happy to just collect his pay packet or will he want to try and prove Sam wrong?

Going to be interesting to see what he does.

I am not sure if there was an actual rift between Sam and Roberts. Was it not reported that there was a mutual agreement that Sam needed to sell in order to buy, which Roberts understood. Did not Roberts say that if he has to play elsewhere so be it etc. Roberts is a proffesional and will play as he normally does. You know miss one on one with the keeper. Fall over when receiving the slightest of touches, annoy the oponents defenders and score the one or two vital goals. All in all business as usual.

I'm not quite sure what the point of the 25 man squad is. If you look at Arsenal they have named 20 players and then another 50+ in their Under-21 squad, including Walcott and Gibbs. The Rovers have named 21 players but have another 40 in the Under-21 squad including Jones, Hanley Dorran and Linganzi. Thus Arsenal can, if they so wish select from 70+ while the Rovers have 60+ to select from. So what's changed? As for encouraging English born players, the fact that Bendtner, Clichy, Fabregas and Song are all 'home grown' merely encourages clubs to fill their Academies with the best foreign youngsters so that after three years they are classified as 'home grown'.

This has to be one of the dumbest "rules" there is. Liken it to the government telling privately owned companies how many employees they can have to do their business and what nationality those employees would have to be. Flies in the face of freedom if you ask me.

Anywho enough of my sniveling. Help me with a question here, if a club names a full quota of 25 is that list dialed in till season end, effectively negating the January window for them?

Help me with a question here, if a club names a full quota of 25 is that list dialed in till season end, effectively negating the January window for them?

I think the list is 'valid' until January, at which point you can change it, then it gets fixed again until the end of the season.

I'm bored. What is everyone's first XI and subs if all players available?

For me:-

---------------------Kalinic

M Diouf----------Dunn--------EHD

-----------Pedersen----NZonzi

Olsson----Samba-----Jones---Salgado

--------------------Robinson

Subs:- Bunn, Nelsen, Givet, Grella, Linganzi, Hoilett, Benjani

Not too bad a team. Problem is the main striker as Kalinic has not looked comfortable, and M Diouf is not a natural left winger. Plus Olsson at left back gives a lot more thrust going forward, but you have to worry about the defensive side. And still no real natural fit for the holding midfielders - two out of Grella, Nzonziz and Jones is too defensive - so in my opinion if we are going to have a successful season Ped is going to have to adapt.

I'm bored. What is everyone's first XI and subs if all players available?

For me:-

---------------------Kalinic

M Diouf----------Dunn--------EHD

-----------Pedersen----NZonzi

Olsson----Samba-----Jones---Salgado

--------------------Robinson

Subs:- Bunn, Nelsen, Givet, Grella, Linganzi, Hoilett, Benjani

Not too bad a team. Problem is the main striker as Kalinic has not looked comfortable, and M Diouf is not a natural left winger. Plus Olsson at left back gives a lot more thrust going forward, but you have to worry about the defensive side. And still no real natural fit for the holding midfielders - two out of Grella, Nzonziz and Jones is too defensive - so in my opinion if we are going to have a successful season Ped is going to have to adapt.

Good team, might change the bench slightly, put Emerton in ahead of Linganzi as he can play RB too. That or you'd have to swap out Nelsen or Givet for Chimbonda. If it's a fully fit team I might put Grella ahead of NZonzi.

Archived