BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 25 Man Squad

It's pretty much a non issue for us to be honest. After the loan deals today we have about 27 players, might have missed someone, around 10 or so are HG and plenty are U21 so don't even need to be registered. The only reason to register them would be to help meet the Homegrown criteria. Basically all of the below players will be able to play for us this year with room to bring more in in January if we actually had the cash without even worrying about the rule.

1 Paul Robinson HG

2 Martin Olsson Possibly HG?

3 Christopher Samba

4 Gael Givet

5 Ryan Nelsen

6 Brett Emerton

7 David Dunn HG

8 Nikola Kalinic

9 El-Hadji Diouf

10 Vincenzo Grella

11 Morten Gamst Pedersen

12 Mark Bunn HG

13 Amine Linganzi U21

14 Steven Nzonzi

15 Keith Andrews HG

16 Aaron Doran HG U21

17 David Hoilett U21

18 Michel Salgado

19 Phil Jones HG U21

20 Gavin Gunning HG U21

21 Maceo Rigters

22 Grant Hanley HG U21

23 Jason Brown HG

24 Frank Fielding HG

25 Pascal Chimbonda

26 Mame Diouf

27 Jason Roberts HG

It's pretty much a non issue for us to be honest. After the loan deals today we have about 27 players, might have missed someone, around 10 or so are HG and plenty are U21 so don't even need to be registered. The only reason to register them would be to help meet the Homegrown criteria. Basically all of the below players will be able to play for us this year with room to bring more in in January if we actually had the cash without even worrying about the rule.

1 Paul Robinson HG

3 Christopher Samba

4 Gael Givet

5 Ryan Nelsen

6 Brett Emerton

7 David Dunn HG

8 Nikola Kalinic

9 El-Hadji Diouf

10 Vincenzo Grella

11 Morten Gamst Pedersen

12 Mark Bunn HG

13 Amine Linganzi U21

14 Steven Nzonzi

15 Keith Andrews HG

16 Aaron Doran HG U21

17 David Hoilett U21

18 Michel Salgado

19 Phil Jones HG U21

20 Gavin Gunning HG U21

21 Maceo Rigters

22 Grant Hanley HG U21

23 Jason Brown HG

24 Frank Fielding HG

25 Pascal Chimbonda

26 Mame Diouf

27 Jason Roberts HG

I think under 21-year old players do have to fit 25 man squad if they are not homegrown. Linganzi for example. Not sure about it but Rovers don´t have a problem with this rule.

1 Paul Robinson HG

3 Christopher Samba

4 Gael Givet

5 Ryan Nelsen

6 Brett Emerton

7 David Dunn HG

8 Nikola Kalinic

9 El-Hadji Diouf

10 Vincenzo Grella

11 Morten Gamst Pedersen

12 Mark Bunn HG

13 Amine Linganzi U21

14 Steven Nzonzi

15 Keith Andrews HG

16 Aaron Doran HG U21

17 David Hoilett U21

18 Michel Salgado

19 Phil Jones HG U21

20 Gavin Gunning HG U21

21 Maceo Rigters

22 Grant Hanley HG U21

23 Jason Brown HG

24 Frank Fielding HG

25 Pascal Chimbonda

26 Mame Diouf

27 Jason Roberts HG

Plus Benjani, not that it makes much difference to our situation.

Also, does Hoilett count as home grown? I know he has been with us for years but don't know if that matters as he didn't have a permit and played abroad.

...................... Robinson

Salgado ... Nelsen ... Samba ..... Givet

............... Grella ... Pedersen

.. M. Diouf ........ Dunn ......... E. Diouf

....................... Kalinic

.............. Roberts .. Benjani

Olsson .. N'Zonzi ... Andrews ... Hoilett

Chimbonda . Jones . Hanley .. Emerton

......................... Bunn

Rest: Brown, Linganzi, Doran, Rigters

Whilst not swimming with quality, we do have competition for places all over the pitch.

I did notice on Saturday that we have different options in our squad. Olsson, Nzonzi and Dunn all came on and they were 3 of our most important players last season, and we also had Hoilett on the bench. And i assume we will have at least one of Benjani/Roberts in the squad for the City match, so we do have depth. Also Pedersen, Emerton, Chimbonda, both Dioufs, Olsson, Givet, Hoilett and Jones can play in more thsn one position, which could be crucial. And at least Roberts is home-grown.

I would imagine that we won't register any U21 players unless we have to in order to meet the home grown allowance.

Are we really that light on Home Grown players? That is bad.

Edit: Olsson should as he signed in Jan 06.

I think its up to 17 foreign players, so for example you could have 17 foreign and 6 home grown leaving 2 spaces.

And we're not anywhere near the limits. If Jacobsen's rumoured exit is real, we'll have 13 foreign and 8 home grown senior players (+ the U21's). So we would have space for 4 senior free transfers, foreign or not.

Says in todays LT that Roberts will be in the 25 man squad and wont be going out on loan to the championship.

Only sensible.

From my perspective we have a good keeper, excellent defence, good right wing options (mainly due to EH Diouf's rebith), good defensive midfielders. We are well behind most of the prem are up front in my opinion which is a serious serious issue. Left wing is very contingent on Olsson's development and fitness. Central/attacking midfield is a bit of a conundrum. Pedersen has played very well there, but if he gets injured along with Dunn we are screwed.

It would greatly help the club if Hoilett and Linganzi can make a bit of a difference this season and step up. Hoilett has been disappointing, although Amine looks like he might have something in him.

I think we may see a pattern of playing well but losing games as we do not take our chances. It would make a massive difference to Rovers if Kalinic can find some scoring boots, or Benjani - but on form you have to say the odds are against them.

Not many in that which we would want in our squad surely?!

Wolves' 25-man squad: Marcus Hahnemann, Wayne Hennessey, Carl Ikeme, Kevin Foley, Ronald Zubar, Richard Stearman, Jody Craddock, Christophe Berra, Steven Mouyokolo, George Elokobi, Stephen Ward, Jelle Van Damme, Karl Henry, David Jones, Michael Mancienne, Dave Edwards, Greg Halford, Nenad Milijas, Adlene Guedioura, Matt Jarvis, Stephen Hunt, Kevin Doyle, Steven Fletcher, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Marcus Bent

Wonder what frame of mind Roberts will be in as clearly the manager doesn't want him. Will he be happy to just collect his pay packet or will he want to try and prove Sam wrong?

Going to be interesting to see what he does.

To be fair to Roberts he has always tried his best.

I can not imagine that he would sulk, I pray he will not.

Wonder what frame of mind Roberts will be in as clearly the manager doesn't want him. Will he be happy to just collect his pay packet or will he want to try and prove Sam wrong?

Going to be interesting to see what he does.

To be fair i think it works both ways, Sam doesnt want him & Roberts doesnt want to be here.

It should work in our favour, if he plays he should be doing his best to impress potential buyers for the next window.

And we're not anywhere near the limits. If Jacobsen's rumoured exit is real, we'll have 13 foreign and 8 home grown senior players (+ the U21's). So we would have space for 4 senior free transfers, foreign or not.

something along the lines i was told at weekend that Jones and Hanley dont necessarily have to be in the 25 the can be classed as U21 which are extra to the 25 allowing us potentially to sign 2 unattached players after the window closes......does that make sense????

something along the lines i was told at weekend that Jones and Hanley dont necessarily have to be in the 25 the can be classed as U21 which are extra to the 25 allowing us potentially to sign 2 unattached players after the window closes......does that make sense????

That's true. Now that Jacobsen is gone, we have only 21 players that need to be registered in the 25 player squad. Linganzi, Doran, Hoilett, Jones, Hanley, Gunning etc don't need to be registered in the 25.

From the official site:

SQUAD:

Paul Robinson

Martin Olsson

Chris Samba

Gael Givet

Ryan Nelsen

Brett Emerton

David Dunn

Nikola Kalinić

El-Hadji Diouf

Vince Grella

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Mark Bunn

Steven Nzonzi

Keith Andrews

Michel Salgado

Jason Brown

Frank Fielding

Pascal Chimbonda

Mame Biram Diouf

Jason Roberts

Benjani

Rovers have seven players under the age of 21 in addition to the submitted list, these are Aaron Doran, Gavin Gunning, Grant Hanley, Junior Hoilett, Phil Jones, Amine Linganzi and Josh Morris.

Interesting that the squad rule is 25 - with no more than 17 Non home grown.....not a specific mention that their has to be 8.

We do however have 8, although had JR gone - we would have been down to 7.

Look at the long list of Arsenal U-21 players too - crazy!

Some very strange names at ewood too.............

Gael Givet-Viaros :unsure:

Steven NKemboanza Mike C Nzonzi

Migel Angel Salgado Fernandez

Archived