BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers Preview

Stuart

I'll view this again later but my first impression was that Pedersen was jogging back with Viera until he got about 12 yards from goal at which point he decided he'd run far enough and just stopped leaving Viera to amble into a gaping hole in our defence.

this was my impression as well.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a good game??? don't really think so.

i used to be neutral about Big Sam as manager, but i m having doubts now...............

The spirit is gone...... the spirit to win, the hunger to win, its all gone!!!!!........ you don't play football like robots, you play the game with passion!

what the hell were we trying to do during the last 3 mins???? we were awarded a free kick, and what happen? it was deliberatly sent out of play.

second free kick..... diouf came to collect the ball. its really....... WTH!?

its a draw on record, but in my eyes, rovers have lost, and had lost badly.

my friend was asking me after the match...... would you prefer dying as a soldier or staying alive like a coward?

I don't usually contribute to the site but the above comments are utterly nonsensical. The match was a nail biter, we were forced to defend resolutely for long periods of time but the team spirit was outstanding. We played the last 3/4 minutes in a very professional and focused way, holding the ball up and sensibly retaining possession. I too was surprised by the kick for touch but it certainly worked. When the cross did eventually go in we had a shot which could have been a winner if it had been a tad lower. As for the line about soldiers and cowards, I was surrounded by Rovers fans at the end of the match yesterday who clearly all felt the team were pretty much a group of real heroes. I know it's all about opinions but to say there was no passion and the style was simply robotic is churlish and naive.

I don't usually contribute to the site but the above comments are utterly nonsensical. The match was a nail biter, we were forced to defend resolutely for long periods of time but the team spirit was outstanding. We played the last 3/4 minutes in a very professional and focused way, holding the ball up and sensibly retaining possession. I too was surprised by the kick for touch but it certainly worked. When the cross did eventually go in we had a shot which could have been a winner if it had been a tad lower. As for the line about soldiers and cowards, I was surrounded by Rovers fans at the end of the match yesterday who clearly all felt the team were pretty much a group of real heroes. I know it's all about opinions but to say there was no passion and the style was simply robotic is churlish and naive.

i would not be to interested in comments made by people who wernt at the match yesterday. i have been to all 4 matches so far and played very well in all of them. unlucky not to have 10 points so far. team spirit was fantastic yesterday and the players put in 100%

Football is all about different opinions and that's quite clear from some of the post match comments here !

FFS, there's no suiting some people, we are competitive, we are getting results, we are improving and the future could be very bright with takeover investment.

Some people on here need to remember the dark, dismal ands depressing days of Brian Kidd and particularly Paul Ince where we tried to play football and got slaughtered match aftyer match.

Sam is a football genius who we are lucky to have. End of.

Off for a pint now which will be a tad unpleasant with all the Dingles in mt local gloating after yesterdays 4-3 comeback.

i would not be to interested in comments made by people who wernt at the match yesterday. i have been to all 4 matches so far and played very well in all of them.

Congratulations on going to all 4 games keep up the good work, your opinion on Rovers is therefore much more valued than anyone elses.

I'll view this again later but my first impression was that Pedersen was jogging back with Viera until he got about 12 yards from goal at which point he decided he'd run far enough and just stopped leaving Viera to amble into a gaping hole in our defence.

Not to say Pedersen shouldn't have been nearer him, but he was closer to the touchline whilst Vieira waltzed through the middle. It was Vince who followed him for a while - which is a fair effort given Vieira moves at the speed of a salted slug these days - and gave up as he approached the 18 yard box.

Congratulations on going to all 4 games keep up the good work, your opinion on Rovers is therefore much more valued than anyone elses.

So people who went to the game don't have a better idea of the all round performance than someone who saw highlights at most?!

Nah, he's an idiot. Enhances the opinion of our club's detractors.

Diouf is quality! He's frustrates me a bit when he waves his arms around during the game, he should just get on with the game but he's a class act and I love everything about him.

He was in a nightclub in Bolton a couple of years ago, when he didn't play for Rovers. I was drunk at the time and I went over to him and sung, "it's gonna spit in a minute" I can't remember what he said but he just had this massive 'do I look like I give a sh*t' grin on his face. That's what I love about him, he's not bothered what people think.

Not to say Pedersen shouldn't have been nearer him, but he was closer to the touchline whilst Vieira waltzed through the middle. It was Vince who followed him for a while - which is a fair effort given Vieira moves at the speed of a salted slug these days - and gave up as he approached the 18 yard box.

I've watched it again and you're right it was Grella at fault. In mitigation he had played a full half and was obviously knackered !

So people who went to the game don't have a better idea of the all round performance than someone who saw highlights at most?!

Dring 1 is saying that he wouldn't listen to peoples opinions who didn't go to the game, so someone who listened on the radio, watched every bit bit of the highlights. Listened to ex pros on sky can't have an opinion on the game? Sometimes at the game you miss things for whatever reasons.

At the game you will obviously see things off the ball like players fitness and effort, but everyone is entitled to a opinion.

a good game??? don't really think so.

i used to be neutral about Big Sam as manager, but i m having doubts now...............

The spirit is gone...... the spirit to win, the hunger to win, its all gone!!!!!........ you don't play football like robots, you play the game with passion!

what the hell were we trying to do during the last 3 mins???? we were awarded a free kick, and what happen? it was deliberatly sent out of play.

second free kick..... diouf came to collect the ball. its really....... WTH!?

its a draw on record, but in my eyes, rovers have lost, and had lost badly.

my friend was asking me after the match...... would you prefer dying as a soldier or staying alive like a coward?

:wacko:

I miss Tugay, we miss Tugay, give me a player with his ability because we need it.

An attacking midfielder with Tugays ability to keep possession is what we want cos we have 3 strong defensive midfielders. A fit Dunn / Eyal Berkovitz type would be ideal.... unfortunately It's looking like both have had their day.

Way back at the start of this thread I questioned hart's concentration and mindset. After looking immense for the first few games he lost the plot completely for England midway through the second half on Wednesday. He had a similar shaky spell yesterday resulting in a goal for us.

Good stopper with quick reflexes but his nickname will soon be Dracula cos he's so scared of crosses.

delluded with the results i would say....

wait till we start losing with the way we are playing, no passion, negative football, no points, no excitement......

in the long run...... we'll lose more then what we gain.

By the way, its because i care, thats y i comment.

Big Sam's gameplan is always about destroying other manager's game plan without a plan in mind. And thats neagtive strategy to me.........

If this is what we are going to get by heavily marketing in the new untapped markets in Asia then I'm not sure it's all that good an idea.

I do feel the luck we may have missed out on against Birmingham has evened itself out again after yesterday.

Possibly but the point total hasn't. A deserved win at Brum and a loss at City would have seen us on 6 points not 4.

Nah, he's an idiot. Enhances the opinion of our club's detractors.

And who cares about them? Go EHD!

Sam is a football genius who we are lucky to have. End of.

Sam agrees with you. :P But then so do I. :tu:

. . . but everyone is entitled to a opinion.

Absolutely. Otherwise this board wouldn't exist and I'd be outside a bit more.

Archived