BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers Preview

Stuart

I've come over all postive and am going for a 1-1 draw. Must be cos I'm going on my hols tomorrow ....

Why the fook didn't I put a tenner on it? Bloody hell .... :angry2:

Anyway, great result and anyone would have took a point before the game.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched in on delay and it still went slowly. I didn't dare fast forward. Diouf x2 were excellent. samba and Robbo immense. Pedersen was out of sorts today and it showed in set pieces and midfield play. We need everyone pulling their weight on a day like this. fantastic result for us and all those Arse fans decrying our tactics are probably applauding our ability today.

Anyway, great point considering how much money we spent this window and how much they spent. Also it would have impressed potential buyers too which could be crucial in the next week or so.

We didn't spend a penny, even better ;)

We didn't spend a penny, even better ;)

I worry about the take over, especially if you read the publicity. The pleasure I get from not spending a penny and getting a point is immense. Man city fans must wish they had hard core battlers like Bellamy and Ireland rather than some of the pussies they have spent gazillions on.

Big plus point is that this was an away game not a home one. A point at home wouldn't have been that an unlikely result, to get a draw away from home against a side with a lot of quality that has spent a huge amount is a fantastic result. Hopefully this result will spur on the lads to carry on into our next few away games; perhaps it may also take away the fear aspect and the psychological belief that we can only get points at home.

• Backroom

Fantastic to get a point out of a game I had down as a loss! An inspired performance from both Samba and Robbo - two players I think we're very lucky to have.

El Hadj Diouf's renaissance continues, M. Diouf looked good again and Kalinic grabbed another goal :) great result and a heroic defensive display. Remember that it was only a couple of weeks ago that Liverpool lost 3-0 at COMS.

Considering some people like to make out players don't like playing for Sam Allardyce, they don't half give their all for the cause. Heroic defending at times, especially the Givet/Samba combination after Tevez had beaten Robbo to the ball.

To put the result in perspective, James Milner alone cost more than our starting XI.

Enjoyed the game today, we hung on a bit but who cares, Samba was fantastic and Jones covered so much ground and again showed how good he is. Wish Chombonda showed as much passion every week as he did to the fans at the end of the game, he'd be a hell of a player.

Considering some people like to make out players don't like playing for Sam Allardyce, they don't half give their all for the cause. Heroic defending at times, especially the Givet/Samba combination after Tevez had beaten Robbo to the ball.

To put the result in perspective, James Milner alone cost more than our starting XI.

Allardyce got a real teamspirit going last season and it's looking like it's continuing this season. People who don't like Allardyce should try to recognise that and give some credit where it's due. Doubt they will though..... it'd be like admitting they were wrong.

Anyway one of todays highlights for me was listening to Mancini blaming the loss of 2 points on injuries to his squad! :lol: Kinell! I'd wager that a squad made up of his benchmen plus Bellamy, Ireland and 18 of our players managed by Allardyce would finish above his 1st X1! :lol:

Very happy with the result and happy with the performance as well. Yes City came close on a number of occassions, but we didn't survive by luck, we survived through brilliant defending, excellent goalkeeping and sheer hard graft. If City had missed a host of sitters the argument of being lucky could have some truth in it, but that's not how the game panned out.

For all City's attempts on goal, I always thought we made them look vulnerable on the break and wouldn't have been at all surprised if we had nicked it 2-1.

Let's get this takeover done and look onwards and upwards.

Allardyce got a real teamspirit going last season and it's looking like it's continuing this season. People who don't like Allardyce should try to recognise that and give some credit where it's due. Doubt they will though..... it'd be like admitting they were wrong.

Anyway one of todays highlights for me was listening to Mancini blaming the loss of 2 points on injuries to his squad! :lol: Kinell! I'd wager that a squad made up of his benchmen plus Bellamy, Ireland and 18 of our players managed by Allardyce would finish above his 1st X1! :lol:

I have just looked at the team that beat Liverpool, and he only made two changes and Barry came on as a sub.

P45 before Christmas.

I'm delighted with a point from this game. I thought we were going to get tanked today. It makes it all the more satisfying when we didn't spend a penny on transfers this summer, while Citeh spent £2 billion. Robinson, Samba and Givet sound like they had heroic games. I'm glad that Nicko scored again. Last season he was nearly scoring great goals. The two he's got this year have been right scrappers, but they all count!

Archived