BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers Preview

Stuart

Nah, he's an idiot. Enhances the opinion of our club's detractors.

And if you believe everything you read in the papers you could use the word to describe yourself to be honest.

Diof may have incesed the city supporters, like he does most football fans home and away at time, but in this example it was only because he had the audacity to walk right over TO HIS OWN FANS with Pascal Chimbonda, and both of them - despite getting ear ache from the marshals for doing so (or that was how it looked), stripped off and threw there shirts into the blackburn crowd and they waved and applauded at us, not the home fans...

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from a rather long weekend driving up to Manchester from the south coast on a friday afternoon (bad move) to a travel lodge near sport city (another bad move), some very strange comments on here regarding the game, personally if you would have offered me 1-1 before the game i would have taken that, as would sam and most of our grounded supporters i would think.

My son was the blackburn mascot on the day, and i have to say Manchester City's hospitality was excellent, friendly and far in excess of what i expected, a big thanks to them - not the first time i felt grateful for city yesterday as it turned out in the end.

The game itself i thought we actually played pretty well early on - all things considered, the best analogy i can think of takes me back to my childhood, if both teams were top trumps deck of cards, robbo, samba and phil jones aside it would have been over within minutes. Towards the end we were somewhat punch drunk and just hoping the clock would get to 94 minutes...

We were on the backfoot playing trying to play on the break/longball for most of the game, it wasn't that pretty but as the scoreline showed it was effective - and thats all that will be remembered from this game, we got a point against a team that everyone expected to slaughter us. I think Robbo out played hart in every aspect of the game personally (what was that comedy fall / please give me a foul moment from Jones?).

One thing i did find a little "interesting" was the attitude between the two sets of supporters, there was an element within our away support (a large portion near me which didnt look old enough to drive) that were hellbent on generally being a pain in the backside, one guy was hauled out of the away enclosure prior to kick off, and another just after half time, the remainder were spoken to on a number of occasions by Mancs security staff, police and Blackburn Rovers security present at the game, despite all this they still displayed an iq less than half my shoe size and were hell bent on goading the away supports to come and have a go, the upshot of this was at the final whistle when they moved from the edges of the stand it rained coins, several bouncing off my arm and narrowly missing my daughter, most of which were aimed at some old guy with a bandage on his leg , sadly it needed to be over his mouth in my opinion. None of them hit my daughter thankfully and she ended up with an extra 84p in her pocket from the day out so shes was blisfully unaware of the intention when the royal mint rain started.

Getting out of the car park and Manchester itself was pretty grim, bizarrely getting out of the england game at wembley the week before with 74k in attendance was a lot easier and quicker, we were finally greeted with a closed south bound M6 for several hours, so queue an extra stop off in Crewe for some decent fish and chips before heading for home.

Does anyone know why Grella is currently being preferred to Nzonzi? Thought Grella was poor yesterday - off the pace and gave the ball away frequently - and the fans were starting to get on his back as a result. Nzonzi brought a bit of calm to our midfield and a better range of passing when he finally came on. Wasn't Nzonzi our player of last season?

He is a bigger gimp than tevez. 25 shots and you only scored 1 goal, what a waste of cash !

If I can suggest this mankini, a bad workman blames his tools, youve got 25 of them !

£300M spent....4 games gone & already 7 points behind the Champions...Then blame our tactics for their failure (isnt that the point of tactics?)..PRICELESS :lol:

Does anyone know why Grella is currently being preferred to Nzonzi? Thought Grella was poor yesterday - off the pace and gave the ball away frequently - and the fans were starting to get on his back as a result. Nzonzi brought a bit of calm to our midfield and a better range of passing when he finally came on. Wasn't Nzonzi our player of last season?

I can understand it on the basis of having a bit of experience in there and wanting to close down city. Nzonzi has a lot of talent but he does have a real tendency to stand off players which is not good if you want to play a pressing game.

That said I think next outing we will see a Nzonzi Jones pairing as Grella had a poor game and has fitness problems, and there won't be such a need to close down. I just hope Nzonzi can find a passing range as Jones is brilliant - energy, pace, power - but not going to move the ball that well.

Totally agree. Can't understand what N'Zonzi has done to deserve this. We'll lose him at this rate.

An attacking midfielder with Tugays ability to keep possession is what we want cos we have 3 strong defensive midfielders. A fit Dunn / Eyal Berkovitz type would be ideal.... unfortunately It's looking like both have had their day.

There's a Turkish guy playing for Dortmund called Sahin. Young, got a great shot and not frightened to get stuck in.

The "new "Tugay? Maybe

I hate it when journos just blatantly lie.

Mancini: "We were very unlucky.

“We must have had 25 chances to score against Blackburn.

“It is very hard when teams put 10 players behind the ball but we have to try and find a solution."

That is not "slamming" in any way, shape or form.

Good day out on Saturday and a great point considering the amounts of cash both teams have / have not invested.

A couple of quick points. City fans are the most delluded arrogant set of fans I've ever come across. It must have even manifested itself into one of the columnists (Mike Sumerbee) in the matchday programme. In the final paragraph, they were sending condolences across to their nearest and dearest as they hadn't sold all their season tickets whilst City had. What they didn't point out is that whilst United hadn't sold all their season tickets, they still shifted 54,000 which is 8 thousand more than City's capacity!!

Secondly, can anyone enlighten me as to the words of the Gael Givet song, and not the Ole ole ole one. It was used a couple of times on Saturday.

Cheers

Totally agree. Can't understand what N'Zonzi has done to deserve this. We'll lose him at this rate.

My thoughts - for what they're worth - is that maybe Allardyce is being astute with his management of N'Zonzi?

After being agreat success last seson maybe N'Zonzi needs a bit of time out of the spot light, maybe he needs to be 'dropped' just to keep his feet on the ground?

He played a lot of games last year & I think he will play a lot this year as well - maybe, just maybe - Allardyce has got it all plotted out and knows how to ensure he doesn't burn out this bright prospect?

OR maybe it's because Jones has started so well that N'Zonzi has been kept on the bench?

Maybe Allardyce wouldn't feel comfortable having two young players playing side by side in such a crucial compartment of the team?

Want to know who has all the answers to these questions?

Sam Allardyce!!

City fans not too happy.

Part of the reason for their dismay at not beating Rovers, is that they simply take on boeard the usual media comments about Rovers being a dirty, negative taem who play no football at all. Very few of the commentators at the end of that article can recognise what the truth really is.

Yes not a mention of stellar defending , also I cannot recall the post being that much of a player.

City fans may soon overtake Spurs fans as the most delusional winging cretins, maybe tied with Manure.

I love the fact that people are slating Allardyce off for his tactics / approach and yet that was a 'Barcelona Football' performance compared to the one that Hughes employed when drawing with Arsenal at the Emirates in the FA Cup. I doubt many people were complaining then, certainly not when Benni scored the winner at Ewood 10 days later.

I love the fact that people are slating Allardyce off for his tactics / approach and yet that was a 'Barcelona Football' performance compared to the one that Hughes employed when drawing with Arsenal at the Emirates in the FA Cup. I doubt many people were complaining then, certainly not when Benni scored the winner at Ewood 10 days later.

The pattern of play in which Rovers play home or away is consistant and is very good.

Its just certain players characteristics in playing the beautiful game that tends to leave a negative impression on preceedings.

City fan at work asking me if I'd like Clattenburg reffing for us every week. :rolleyes:

Just tell 'em that if they were good enough, they wouldn't need the referee to give 'em goals. £300m and they can't beat lil' ol' Blackburn Rovers.

Tell 'em, that when we were the richest club in the PL, we won it.

:rover: expected a pasting from this game but thought rovers played really well and never looked like conceding whilst nelson was on the pitch.after 4 games we are 1pt up on last seasons results,4 pts from the next 2 fixtures will make for a decent start. :blink::brfc:

City fans not too happy.

Part of the reason for their dismay at not beating Rovers, is that they simply take on boeard the usual media comments about Rovers being a dirty, negative taem who play no football at all.

From that....

One of the stats of the Blackburn game which may be an insight to where we are not quite at is that Blackburn made 33 tackles where we made only 13

And of those 33 tackles 30 were fouls!!!

Big Sam & his tactics

Matchday thread

Some City fans want Samba

Archived