BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ali started off WGA (Bahrain) with 53,000 USD and later dropped over 1 billion USD of his "own wealth" into it. He later boasts that WGA has "grown" to a 1.2 billion USD business.

He started WGA AG (Switzerland) with 100,000 CHF (64,000 pounds). No idea if he has put any billions in here!

If it was cut and dry that he has personal wealth exceeding £1b I don't think this would be dragging.

Hence me stating we have no idea whether he has the funds or not.

Guest bluerovers

Ali started off WGA (Bahrain) with 53,000 USD and later dropped over 1 billion USD of his "own wealth" into it. He later boasts that WGA has "grown" to a 1.2 billion USD business.

He started WGA AG (Switzerland) with 100,000 CHF (64,000 pounds). No idea if he has put any billions in here!

Dunno why but David Mitchell's comments on the recession seem fitting here

If it was cut and dry that he has personal wealth exceeding £1b I don't think this would be dragging.

Hence me stating we have no idea whether he has the funds or not.

Again Shilito, there are 2 questions here.

1 ) If he doesn’t have the money, why has the Trust, the club and Rothschilds allowed him any where near the clubs books?

2 ) Why has he hired somebody like Darmon(French guy) and a few others, and not have the money to pay them for their services?

Nobody in their right mind, would spend any money, knowing that they have zero chance of purchasing the club. This is not some cheap corner shop, that is about to exchange hands, this is a big business that is about to be sold. Rothschilds would be taken to the cleaners by the trust, if they screwed this up, by allowing a chancer near the clubs financial books etc. I still maintain and I go along with Philip, that Ali Syed has the money, the big question(as Nicko said), where has it come from, or does he have some mystery backer.

He (Syed) will destroy his business relationships with his existing clients, if he is found out to be a crook, or a lier. He has made too much noise, and his own credibility is on the line, not only for his chance of buying the club, but his WGA business.

Again Shilito, there are 2 questions here.

1 ) If he doesn’t have the money, why has the Trust, the club and Rothschilds allowed him any where near the clubs books?

2 ) Why has he hired somebody like Darmon(French guy) and a few others, and not have the money to pay them for their services?

Nobody in their right mind, would spend any money, knowing that they have zero chance of purchasing the club. This is not some cheap corner shop, that is about to exchange hands, this is a big business that is about to be sold. Rothschilds would be taken to the cleaners by the trust, if they screwed this up, by allowing a chancer near the clubs financial books etc. I still maintain and I go along with Philip, that Ali Syed has the money, the big question(as Nicko said), where has it come from, or does he have some mystery backer.

He (Syed) will destroy his business relationships with his existing clients, if he is found out to be a crook, or a lier. He has made too much noise, and his own credibility is on the line, not only for his chance of buying the club, but his WGA business.

Convince yourself all you like, it's blatantly obvious all isn't as we were told (by Syed).

You're also making a huge deal of the fact they let him near the books. So what? He gains nothing, they could show the books to me or you, so what? They publish all their accounts anyway, this is just a closer look as a perspective buyer.

The due diligence money people keep wittering on about as well; How many time do people have to be told their are different stages, and this hasn't reached the £250k stage.

End of the transfer window was the initial deadline, then the middle of September. Constant reports from nicko stating things aren't as they seemed (and how he doubts a takeover) and Kamy getting threats and leaving yet you back Psychic Phil's assessment?

Well sit back and just wait for the takeover, I suspect Man Utd will be bust by then.

Guest bluerovers

The due diligence money people keep wittering on about as well; How many time do people have to be told their are different stages, and this hasn't reached the £250k stage.

Hang on I thought he HAD reached that stage (the one WGA refer to as the period of exclusivity) and group x who Kamy/nicko mentioned entering DD who hadn't reached that stage which was why they could both be in DD at the same time.

End of the transfer window was the initial deadline, then the middle of September. Constant reports from nicko stating things aren't as they seemed (and how he doubts a takeover) and Kamy getting threats and leaving yet you back Psychic Phil's assessment?

What has Kamy's threats got to do with the likeliness of the Syed bid being genuine?

Convince yourself all you like, it's blatantly obvious all isn't as we were told (by Syed).

You're also making a huge deal of the fact they let him near the books. So what? He gains nothing, they could show the books to me or you, so what? They publish all their accounts anyway, this is just a closer look as a perspective buyer.

Well sit back and just wait for the takeover, I suspect Man Utd will be bust by then.

no, all im saying is that for somebody to make so much noise, and hire so many people, waste so much time etc, you must have some money.

Why make yourself look like a tit, and allow your existing business(WGA) to look like a figment of somebody's imagination. Why is Syed still persuing the club, when he does not have the money? If at this point, he still has not provided proof of his wealth, yet the club have allowed an extension, then who is to blame for this farce? Why has the club, or any rep of Rothschilds or the trust, not made any sort of statement, indicating that the deal with Syed is off. This will avoid this rubbish talk on here, that is going in circles and going nowhere slowly.

no, all im saying is that for somebody to make so much noise, and hire so many people, waste so much time etc, you must have some money.

Why make yourself look like a tit, and allow your existing business(WGA) to look like a figment of somebody's imagination. Why is Syed still persuing the club, when he does not have the money? If at this point, he still has not provided proof of his wealth, yet the club have allowed an extension, then who is to blame for this farce? Why has the club, or any rep of Rothschilds or the trust, not made any sort of statement, indicating that the deal with Syed is off. This will avoid this rubbish talk on here, that is going in circles and going nowhere slowly.

Two words; Dan Williams.

Dan Williams was never a serious bidder and got nowhere near the stage any of the three front running bidders for Rovers have now reached.

The fact they have the money has been verified for all three of them. Making sure they really will put it into Rovers without any future come back is the crunch and that is a very difficult legal and negotiating task.

Ali Syed has expended well over £1m on the Rovers bid by now. He had the fee to pay for due diligence, the fee to pay for the extension (this idea that the extension was at Rovers' behest is odd), air fares, hotel bills, his own staff wages and fees galore for his own lawyers, accountants and PR people. Jean Claude Darmon will not have come cheap either.

Once again Phil it's all guesswork with no substance.

Not guesswork, simple common sense actually, you cant employ these people for peanuts, I havent posted on here for a while as I have nothing of any real input, however, I can tell you that £200 per hour would be the minimum these guys would command!

The stage where he came out and duped the fans into believing he was the second coming and was going to get back up there with the big boys.

why don’t you give Syed a chance, if he is genuine, then our club will benefit from his money. If he has no money, then we move on as we have survived with nothing before. The guy wants to help the club out, he wants to spend his money to move the club forward, yet (understandably so), there are concerns. Concerns regarding any new owner is normal, there will only be 1 Uncle Jack, but we are holding onto the past for too long now. There wont be anybody like Jack Walker, but we got to face reality, and that is we cannot afford to rely on John Williams all the time to perform miracles. We are stable at the moment, but for how long? Investment, any sort of investment, as long as its good investment, will allow the club to move forward without fear of relegation and without fear of financial difficulties.

Not guesswork, simple common sense actually, you cant employ these people for peanuts, I havent posted on here for a while as I have nothing of any real input, however, I can tell you that £200 per hour would be the minimum these guys would command!

Eh? Nobody even knows what stage of DD this has reached (which effects what fee was paid) and if they had to pay for an extension (as we believe it was Rovers who requested it).

This accounts for more than half of this apparent £1m, so I wouldn't harp on too much about common sense.

why don’t you give Syed a chance, if he is genuine, then our club will benefit from his money. If he has no money, then we move on as we have survived with nothing before. The guy wants to help the club out, he wants to spend his money to move the club forward, yet (understandably so), there are concerns. Concerns regarding any new owner is normal, there will only be 1 Uncle Jack, but we are holding onto the past for too long now. There wont be anybody like Jack Walker, but we got to face reality, and that is we cannot afford to rely on John Williams all the time to perform miracles. We are stable at the moment, but for how long? Investment, any sort of investment, as long as its good investment, will allow the club to move forward without fear of relegation and without fear of financial difficulties.

I have and am giving Syed a chance, but like anyone with half a brain I'll be cynical until he proves he has substance (something he has yet to do). This his lack of substance has been intensified by his initial loud mouth interviews.

Eh? Nobody even knows what stage of DD this has reached (which effects what fee was paid) and if they had to pay for an extension (as we believe it was Rovers who requested it).

This accounts for more than half of this apparent £1m, so I wouldn't harp on too much about common sense.

So you tell me that the team he has sent in and been working for the past few weeks are doing it for free, I cant say an exact amount but, you ask a top man in his proffession, like the FRenchman for example, his set fee would be somewhere into six figures alone.

Hotel costs, travel and pay for the team would be another large expense, I suggest you do apply some common sense, Syed has paid out quite a tidy sum and whatever funds he has, he wont have accumilated capital by throwing money away!!

So you tell me that the team he has sent in and been working for the past few weeks are doing it for free, I cant say an exact amount but, you ask a top man in his proffession, like the FRenchman for example, his set fee would be somewhere into six figures alone.

Hotel costs, travel and pay for the team would be another large expense, I suggest you do apply some common sense, Syed has paid out quite a tidy sum and whatever funds he has, he wont have accumilated capital by throwing money away!!

Granted, but it changes nothing. A takeover looks doubtful despite all this.

Some on this MB are in danger of turning themselves inside out.

As Kelbo said, commonsense, generally, together with well founded insights from the likes of Philipi, indicate that this is very much game on.

Although not a huge transaction in the business world, it is not insignificant and not one that can be rushed.

Unlike some cynics, I'm 99% convinced that a takeover will happen pre Christmas and 90% certain that Ali will emerge as the relatively spotless new owner.

Guest bluerovers

We're now in the 7th week of DD, if you haven't had to have paid the £250k by then what's the point of it existing?

Some on this MB are in danger of turning themselves inside out.

As Kelbo said, commonsense, generally, together with well founded insights from the likes of Philipi, indicate that this is very much game on.

Although not a huge transaction in the business world, it is not insignificant and not one that can be rushed.

Unlike some cynics, I'm 99% convinced that a takeover will happen pre Christmas and 90% certain that Ali will emerge as the relatively spotless new owner.

Mike, what does your clients say? ;) Only joking :P

indeed Smoss, we are basically crying out for some creativity in midfied. however, expect it to be 2 defence minded midfielders. ;)

I suspect that these two freebies are more intended to show the Andrews knockers that "Keef" isn't too bad after all.

;)

Archived