BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

This is only going to upset people who dislike my posts even more.

I genuinely cannot pull a picture together from all the snippets I have picked up this week.

Mystery man is real, big and moving very fast.

Ali Syed is still working on the Rovers and obviously has a significant head start. So nothing new by way of news there then.

Shah could well be ideal if only he had an extra zero behind him. But that is just wishful thinking.

From what I can see there are still three groups of people who would still love to own the Rovers (plus at least one other although I think we can discount the Australians and Nicko's Indian now). The club, the Trust and Rothschilds are maintaining admirable calm and professionalism in very interesting circumstances which they cannot have anticipated as little as only 10 weeks ago. Remember Rovers have effectively been available to be acquired for something like 170 weeks now and what has transpired is dramatic to say the least.

Well I thank you Philip for that insight. Hope you are made of strong stuff and take the bullies on!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would this mystery man be some rich Rovers fan who hasn't made his interest public and has been waiting for the right moment, but now that the club is/was about to be sold he has seen there is no more time to waste and is bidding for us?

or what else is all this about?

It's Eddie. He hasn't been around here much of late. Obviously spending copious amounts of time going through his DD on the club.

Yes thanks philip. People shouldn't worry about him, he has skin of leather, the wisdom of Yoda, and charisma second only to Sam.

What I would like to know is, how do you know there is a mystery bidder and is he as loaded as we all wish Mr. Ali is?

Also, may I have your autograph?

I'm not shocked that people see this as dragging on.

However, in reality would be surprised if a negotiation of this magnitude took less than 6 months.

I don't have as much big business experience as Philip but I have negotiated a few commercial leases. One lease was for 400 sq ft retail unit (v. small) and that took 3 month whilst the lawyers went back and forth trying to agree many clauses so I would think buying a multi million pound business would take longer than that.

And I find Philip's knowledge and insight fascinating so long may it continue.

Yes thanks philip. People shouldn't worry about him, he has skin of leather, the wisdom of Yoda, and charisma second only to Sam.

What I would like to know is, how do you know there is a mystery bidder and is he as loaded as we all wish Mr. Ali is?

Also, may I have your autograph?

I thank you sir :)

I am back in Blackburn for a month now!

with a big wad to spend B)

I'm not shocked that people see this as dragging on.

However, in reality would be surprised if a negotiation of this magnitude took less than 6 months.

I don't have as much big business experience as Philip but I have negotiated a few commercial leases. One lease was for 400 sq ft retail unit (v. small) and that took 3 month whilst the lawyers went back and forth trying to agree many clauses so I would think buying a multi million pound business would take longer than that.

And I find Philip's knowledge and insight fascinating so long may it continue.

But why would Ali Syed expect to have it all done and dusted in time for him to give Sam money to spend in the transfer window? Surely he has sufficient experience of buying multi million pound businesses to know it couldn't be done in that time-frame? Got our hopes up for nothing.

I can see why there's a lot of cynicism on this Board and why we are at each others throats at times. It is so bloody frustrating.

I've worked it out prepare for it Iceman,IcemanFEngland or what ever his user name is buying our club he has been missing for a few days so he must begoing through DD hopefully with an offer soon sorry I couldn't resist :D the lack of info means you could cut the silence with a knife! anyone anywhere have any new interesting new info e.g. when the extended exclusivity runs out?. At least now they have the wallpaper boarders in stock that is one less thing to ask about!.

Exhibit C?

Donald, you should know better than to make problems for yourself on here.

Calm down Brian, it's a messageboard.

Yeah, and it was better without the presence of you and your simpering groupies. What a sad man you are that you have to continually put people down.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you sorely need taking down a peg or two. I wouldn't pi$$ in your ear if your brains were on fire.

Donald, you should know better than to make problems for yourself on here.

Yeah, and it was better without the presence of you and your simpering groupies. What a sad man you are that you have to continually put people down.

And you sorely need taking down a peg or two. I wouldn't pi$$ in your ear if your brains were on fire.

not having a good start to your day Bryan? ;)

I've worked it out prepare for it Iceman,IcemanFEngland or what ever his user name is buying our club he has been missing for a few days so he must begoing through DD hopefully with an offer soon

Yep, ill be buying the club. Then ill finally get to watch a game, and once im done, sell it. :lol:

Jesus H, I have no doubt Philip is an extremely nice guy, however I 'banter' his posts as he has a dodgy past record with forecasts.

Philip always approaches these things in a 'matter of fact' way and often winds up with egg on his face. It's not personal, it's making fun of this fact, and frankly, I hope in this case I'm wrong and end up with egg on mine.

You however need to chill the f**k out, as, like I said, it's a web domain where people post opinions. And, in this instance, it's only you making things personal.

Christ, I'm glad I don't take this message board as seriously as yourself. You must be a really odd chap.

Jesus H, I have no doubt Philip is an extremely nice guy, however I 'banter' his posts as he has a dodgy past record with forecasts.

Philip always approaches these things in a 'matter of fact' way and often winds up with egg on his face. It's not personal, it's making fun of this fact, and frankly, I hope in this case I'm wrong and end up with egg on mine.

You however need to chill the f**k out, as, like I said, it's a web domain where people post opinions. And, in this instance, it's only you making things personal.

Exactly. What happened to Kamy was absolutely disgraceful (there was absolutely no doubting his information too, but that's not even relevant) but if anyone thinks me posting a picture of the Iraqi Information Minister or other people having a bit of banter are remotely in the same league then they really need to take some time out from the board.

Guys, agree this is a MB and banter is all part of it, however, sometimes, I think the p$ss taking becomes too frequent and is too targetted.

I've been the target of some but, fortunately, I'm a little less sensitive than others.

However, I haven't posted as frequently recently because you do wonder, sometimes, if it's worth the hassle, particularly when you post in good faith.

I think it's about striking the right balance and, hopefully, we'll all meet in the middle !!!

Guys, agree this is a MB and banter is all part of it, however, sometimes, I think the p$ss taking becomes too frequent and is too targetted.

I've been the target of some but, fortunately, I'm a little less sensitive than others.

However, I haven't posted as frequently recently because you do wonder, sometimes, if it's worth the hassle, particularly when you post in good faith.

I think it's about striking the right balance and, hopefully, we'll all meet in the middle !!!

:lol:

Are you actually for real?

Come on, you repeatedly posted absolute rubbish on here which must have been either made up by yourself or told to you by people who were taking you for a ride. Some gems included it being "game set and match to Mr Ali" around three weeks ago, some "legal eagle" friends of yours saying there was going to be some major law suit against the BBC, your own wife claiming that there was some signs at some dinner at the Stanley House that a deal was done, and finally you claiming there were two "mystery guests" at the Villa game.

To be quite frank if I'd posted all that on this board I'd expect a bit of stick too as long as it wasn't visciously done, and I don't think any of us are missing your tip offs, except for comedy value.

:lol:

Are you actually for real?

Come on, you repeatedly posted absolute rubbish on here which must have been either made up by yourself or told to you by people who were taking you for a ride. Some gems included it being "game set and match to Mr Ali" around three weeks ago, some "legal eagle" friends of yours saying there was going to be some major law suit against the BBC, your own wife claiming that there was some signs at some dinner at the Stanley House that a deal was done, and finally you claiming there were two "mystery guests" at the Villa game.

To be quite frank if I'd posted all that on this board I'd expect a bit of stick too as long as it wasn't visciously done, and I don't think any of us are missing your tip offs, except for comedy value.

i do not act to understand these things but how do we know that a deal was not near three weeks ago and things have changed, how do we know that BBC wont be sued and how do we know that there were no mystery guests at Villa. mikeb might have been right.

Archived