BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

Again Shilito, there are 2 questions here.

1 ) If he doesn't have the money, why has the Trust, the club and Rothschilds allowed him any where near the clubs books?

2 ) Why has he hired somebody like Darmon(French guy) and a few others, and not have the money to pay them for their services?

Nobody in their right mind, would spend any money, knowing that they have zero chance of purchasing the club. This is not some cheap corner shop, that is about to exchange hands, this is a big business that is about to be sold. Rothschilds would be taken to the cleaners by the trust, if they screwed this up, by allowing a chancer near the clubs financial books etc. I still maintain and I go along with Philip, that Ali Syed has the money, the big question(as Nicko said), where has it come from, or does he have some mystery backer.

He (Syed) will destroy his business relationships with his existing clients, if he is found out to be a crook, or a lier. He has made too much noise, and his own credibility is on the line, not only for his chance of buying the club, but his WGA business.

I really don't think the delay and further enquiries have anything to do with how MUCH money he has got......... I believe it is ALL about when, where and how he got it?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe some of you just because it has gone quiet most assume it has failed. I am sure Ali Syed is the real deal why would he pay all those people so much to make himself look a t*t?. Philip do you think the delay could be down to the fact the transfer window is now shut so there is no real hurry to do the deal quickly?. So is it possible we will know something before the end of the year?. Maybe in October/November?. Also can you confirm the stage we are at Rovers fully investigating Mr Syed's background?, so could take a while to conclude?. Also people need to remember when Syed started DD he signed a Memorandum of understanding & a Heads of Agreement which means correct me if I'm wrong he has the funds & the DD is for both parties to check each other out can someone confirm this?.

Not got a clue Bryan, my friend was down at the Flybe headquarters this past week though when this video conference was taking place and he's sure it was Syed that they were referring to with the doubt about how much money he's actually got.

Still, Philip seems pretty certain he's got the clout..

I think it would have happened by now if it was going to. When Syed started going on about buying Beckham I thought this one was probably bullshit...

• Backroom

Brfcrule1... There is no delay, things are still moving along (if you read the snippets posted). No-one outside of BRFC or Mr Syed's organisation can confirm the stage we are at as details are not forthcoming due to the NDA that is in place.

Just be patient and wait ... like the rest of us :P

I can't believe some of you just because it has gone quiet most assume it has failed. I am sure Ali Syed is the real deal why would he pay all those people so much to make himself look a t*t?. Philip do you think the delay could be down to the fact the transfer window is now shut so there is no real hurry to do the deal quickly?. So is it possible we will know something before the end of the year?. Maybe in October/November?. Also can you confirm the stage we are at Rovers fully investigating Mr Syed's background?, so could take a while to conclude?. Also people need to remember when Syed started DD he signed a Memorandum of understanding & a Heads of Agreement which means correct me if I'm wrong he has the funds & the DD is for both parties to check each other out can someone confirm this?.

there is every chance, that the deal has slowed down, because there is now no rush. With the transfer window being closed, it gives both Syed and the trust the opportunity to check each other out on an even stronger scale. Remember, that if a fee has been agreed upon, then it would not take long to sign on the dotted line, once everybody are satisfied with the outcome.

Guest bluerovers

No, the NDA will be ended when both parties deem it right and proper to do so

NDAs almost always have a finite end point which has to be stated in the original agreement, they may have agreed to extend it since but I would doubt it goes on forever. Besides the NDA does not prohibit ALL information about the takeover being published just the specifics thrashed out within it (and I suspect it only covers sensitive financial information). Both Rovers (Aug 17) and WGA have commented on how the process is going since the NDA was in place so we know it doesn't stop any info being given at all.

Rovers really should say something soon, we are bloody patient fans as I can guarantee the likes of Liverpool wouldn't put up with a 6 week silence from the club during the takeover process.

I'm getting to the stage now, where I'm not going to believe anything until we see the name " The Ali Syed Ewood Park" sign up. Anyone got some ideas on how to pass the time? ... :unsure:

Argue insistently about business transactions?

You could start a large debate about the waste of money that packaging a Whispa has with your newsagent next time you are in.

You can demand to see the credentials and bank records of the next person to take over the local video shop.

You can stop random people in the street and ask them if they know where a billionaire lives.

You could go looking for Preston but head in the opposite direction and then claim that no one knows who the council members from Preston are.

There is so much you can do.

These NDAs will run for years not months- probably five years with a renewal clause. All sides involved are disclosing enormous amounts of information about themselves which they will never want to be published. For instance, every contract of employment will be looked at; it would be completely unfair on the employees if those details were not protected by a very long NDA.

The time period originally envisaged would have been sufficient but it was anticipated there would be only the one serious bidder, not three plus others buzzing around outside the main processes. So I am sticking to my argument that there is not so much a delay as a dramatic change in circumstances.

The balance the Trustees now have to strike is between taking as much time as they need to evaluate the competing bids and negotiate accordingly and the disruption this uncertainty must be causing within the club. So I would imagine the Trustees probably have a relatively short time frame for deciding and acting. By that we are probably talking some weeks, not several months.

However, it remains the case that it only takes one phone call for a bidder to submit a knock out bid so this is impossible to forecast now.

there are 2 questions here.

1 ) If he doesn’t have the money, why has the Trust, the club and Rothschilds allowed him any where near the clubs books?

2 ) Why has he hired somebody like Darmon(French guy) and a few others, and not have the money to pay them for their services?

Nobody in their right mind, would spend any money, knowing that they have zero chance of purchasing the club. This is not some cheap corner shop, that is about to exchange hands, this is a big business that is about to be sold. Rothschilds would be taken to the cleaners by the trust, if they screwed this up, by allowing a chancer near the clubs financial books etc. I still maintain and I go along with Philip, that Ali Syed has the money, the big question(as Nicko said), where has it come from, or does he have some mystery backer.

He (Syed) will destroy his business relationships with his existing clients, if he is found out to be a crook, or a lier. He has made too much noise, and his own credibility is on the line, not only for his chance of buying the club, but his WGA business.

I totally agree with iceman with this. Syed isn't going to waste money on a deal that he knows that he can't buy. Also the Club, the trustees and Rothchilds wouldn't allow Syed to look at the club's accounts IF he didn't have the money. He would have to prove he's got the money to buy the club and invest in the club long term. Also he would have to pay alot to get Darmon to come to the club and look at the accounts with Syed's people.

I personally hope this is sorted one way or the other in the next few weeks. :)

I totally agree with iceman with this. Syed isn't going to waste money on a deal that he knows that he can't buy. Also the Club, the trustees and Rothchilds wouldn't allow Syed to look at the club's accounts IF he didn't have the money. He would have to prove he's got the money to buy the club and invest in the club long term. Also he would have to pay alot to get Darmon to come to the club and look at the accounts with Syed's people.

I personally hope this is sorted one way or the other in the next few weeks. :)

I am so utterly relieved.

Mum... I want to think you threw out the 'Ali Sayed Ewood Park' thing as a bit of a joke... but I am not liking that prospect one bit!

Indeed. My way of saying until we hear something official. Hopefully it won't be in the form of the sign I mentioned! Mind you, they keep things so secretive around Rovers he'll probably have owned the club for five years before we get to hear of it :P

Only caught the end of it but heard Bill Kenwright on Sky Sports News earlier - talking about takeovers, he was saying there was serious interest in Everton earlier this year however after 3 months of legal talks etc, and when push comes to shove, the prospective buyers never had the money (or something along those lines)......

Archived