BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may or may not be the right place to put this...

However I gather that the management are working on two targets for the squad. Both midfield and both significantly on free transfers.

So it doesn;t sound like they are expecting any windfalls soon.

Quite revealing.

You wouldn't be trying to put a twist on us looking at freebies during the closed window now would you Alan? ;)

Going to stick my neck out and guess that they are Simone Barone and Enzo Maresca :mellow:

However I gather that the management are working on two targets for the squad. Both midfield and both significantly on free transfers.

Quite revealing.

Interesting point but nowadyas there is nothing free about free transfers, just no fee to the existing club .....

Quite revealing.

If they are for right now surely the takeover situation is irrelevant?

It would also make perfect sense as we are clearly struggling with injuries in midfield.

Quite revealing.

Lee Hendrie has been mentioned and Sam has a reputation for 'resurrecting the near dead'.

Quite revealing.

I think nicko is dead right here......

Unless we get a big money signing in the next two weeks we are in t'shyiite......

What?? - THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS CLOSED FOR ANOTHER FEW MONTHS AND WE CAN ONLY SIGN UNATTATCHED FREEBIES?????????

SHIRLEY KNOTT (blast from the past or what ;)................)

I was under the impression that once the registration period was shut then we couldn't add to our playing squad until it reopens in January, whether we've got under the maximum allowed or not.

Of course they could sign a contract with the club but to actually play I have my doubts. I'd be happy to be proven wrong if anyone can find the rules for it.

Edit:

Unless they're under 21??

Edit 2:

Actually I found this on The Mirror website

Registration Rules and Regulations

9) Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named.

One of the free agents is available immediately and could be coming in quite soon.

The other one is a free agent in January.

The latter one suggests to me that the manager does not expect a huge budget for January.

Nicko, I think you reported that Rovers had two transfer lists for the last window. One if the takeover happened - and the mythical extra funds appeared - and one if it didn't (as was the case). Surely this could be viewed as just planning for all eventualities (as in the last transfer window ?)

Free in January is interesting - most contracts tend to go summer to summer - so will we actually get him then - or will it be a pre-contract agreement ?

One of the free agents is available immediately and could be coming in quite soon.

The latter one suggests to me that the manager does not expect a huge budget for January.

Zinedine Zidane is a free agent and probably a mate of Salgado. I can only assume that's who we are in for. He's been tempted out of retirement by our style of play.

Guest bluerovers

Zinedine Zidane is a free agent and probably a mate of Salgado. I can only assume that's who we are in for. He's been tempted out of retirement by our style of play.

..and he's always wanted to prove that he's better than Tim Sherwood

Ah ha, makes my two even more likely as the second one has signed a trial type deal with Galatasary until the New Year ^_^

Nicko, I think you reported that Rovers had two transfer lists for the last window. One if the takeover happened - and the mythical extra funds appeared - and one if it didn't (as was the case). Surely this could be viewed as just planning for all eventualities (as in the last transfer window ?)

Free in January is interesting - most contracts tend to go summer to summer - so will we actually get him then - or will it be a pre-contract agreement ?

That wasn't my story, but it was correct.

The manager seems of a mindset that nothing will be happening [see his comments two weeks ago] and is working towards making shrewd moves instead.

Guest bluerovers

The manager seems of a mindset that nothing will be happening [see his comments two weeks ago] and is working towards making shrewd moves instead.

Is that not prudence though until something is signed rather than a hint that the takeover won't go through? It'd be stupid to not 'carry on as usual' until a new chairman is in place and the funds are known even if you were 99% confident is was gonna happen? Ig a mega rich new owner did come in, we wouldn't have lost anything.

No it's not. We have no proof Syed has the money.

Ali started off WGA (Bahrain) with 53,000 USD and later dropped over 1 billion USD of his "own wealth" into it. He later boasts that WGA has "grown" to a 1.2 billion USD business.

He started WGA AG (Switzerland) with 100,000 CHF (64,000 pounds). No idea if he has put any billions in here!

We, as in a bunch of internet messageboard losers, have no proof of anything, and why would we?. . . .

Careful, buddy! I resemble that remark! :o

. . . I gather that the management are working on two targets for the squad. Both midfield and both significantly on free transfers.

So it doesn;t sound like they are expecting any windfalls soon..

Praise the Lord. If he can improve our midfield then Sam is indeed an expert and a saint.

If it costs 250k to pay for Due diligence, somebody has wasted a whole lot of dosh in their dreams to buy Rovers.

Archived