BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] El Clasico

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi is far and away the best player in the game at the mo. I can't recall seeing anyone since Maradona able to run at pace with the ball under such close control. If anything Messi's even quicker.

Carvalho VERY lucky there - Messi got booked for getting elbowed!

For your next daft comment ........

I'd say you weren't a miserable old tosser. But that would be lying eh Jim? :)

I wish I could see Rovers play like that but am fully aware of the reasons why that's not possible.

And how would Barcelona be playing with next to nothing spent on their squad over the past 4 seasons ?

For your next daft comment ........

So you WOULDN'T like to see Rovers play like Barca? He didn't mean it literally.

Yeah, Messi's in a class of his own. Hilarious to think people have been comparing Gareth Bale to him recently.

Ah come on was that really a proper elbow, worthy of going down?

I'm a bit gutted want Real and Mourinho to knock Barca off their perch, realistically it will take at least 6 months before this becomes a Mourinho team.

I'm a bit gutted want Real and Mourinho to knock Barca off their perch

Why?

Mourinho's teams are boring to watch. I hope Barca's style prevails in that battle. Barca winning La Liga and Arsenal (or even Spurs!) winning the PL would be a triumph for football imo.

So you WOULDN'T like to see Rovers play like Barca? He didn't mean it literally.

Yeah, Messi's in a class of his own. Hilarious to think people have been comparing Gareth Bale to him recently.

Exactly.

And Barca likely would still be playing that way even with nothing to spend - the ethos right through their entire academy system is exactly the same as the first team, and every player is taught and encouraged to play the 'Barca' way. Hence players like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, and Busquets coming through the ranks and slotting right into the team. Even with nothing to spend on 'big' players, there's still a conveyor belt of talent to pick from.

Every Barcelona player controls the ball, passes it accurately to a team mate, and keep the ball moving all over the park.

Then on top of this they have runners, running in behind the defenders with precision passes played into their path, easy aint it :rolleyes:

Are you watching Allardyce!

Why?

Mourinho's teams are boring to watch. I hope Barca's style prevails in that battle. Barca winning La Liga and Arsenal (or even Spurs!) winning the PL would be a triumph for football imo.

Have you watched real this year they are playing good football, exquisite at times, Barca are in a different league though.

I love Mourinho, inspirational manager who can motivate like no other manager and can get average sides like Porto and Inter(in comparison to other top Euro clubs) to be better than what they are, spending relatively little in the process. I guarantee Real will beat Barca in the return match.

I guess we can empathise with Real Madrid tonight....difficult away journey to team at top of the league....outspoken manager not everyone's cup of tea...one sided demolition....fans embarrassed...clear evidence of a lack of investment in the team for several years coming home to roost .....oh, wait a minute....

Archived