BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your favourites sporting commentaries

A mini discussion seems to have started over on the NFL thread about memorable sporting commentaries (of the "They think it's all over" type), talking about times when you've been watching a sporting event and something a commentator has said or the way they have reacted to what is happening has really stuck in your mind and become almost as memorable as the action itself. A couple have been mentioned in the NFL thread that I don't know the story behind, so I thought it would be interesting to know what your most memorable commentaries are.

Here's a couple of mine - 

Steven Gerrard vs Olympiakos - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64vs9ZVnec

Devin Hester vs Denver -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pg7q4zd6Cc

At work, so can't get youtube up.

But a couple of mine.

FA Cup Semi Final 1991- Gazza stands over a free kick for Tottenham-

Barry Davies 'he's not going to hit it from there... he is you know.. OHHHHH I SAY'

Liverpool V Arsenal title decider May 1989-

Brian Moore: 'Here comes Thomas breaking through the midfield, It's up for grabs nowwwwwwwwww..... Thomassssss!'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Thirty-five seconds to go…this is the one…it's coming back for Jonny Wilkinson…he drops for World Cup glory…it's up, it's over [accompanied by a strangled shriek of triumph emitted by Rob Andrew at his side]…he's done it… Jonny Wilkinson is England's hero yet again…"

Epic!

"Let me say it once again, Blackburn ...... ...................... "

You know the rest.

Similarly, "Redknapp....OH!"

Could have been one to haunt a Rover for the rest of time, but thankfully remembered for all the right reasons. :)

Sadly I don't think I'll ever forget that prannitt Tyldsley's triumphant cry of "...and Solskjaer has won it!" from the '99 Champions League Final.

Liverpol 4-3 Newcastle 3 April 1996

Absolute classic, and up there as one of the greatest games of all time.

Martin Tyler on the Collymore's goal in stoppage time.

"Barnes, Rush, Barnes, Collymore closing in, Liverpool lead in stoppage time, Kevin Keegan hangs his head, he's devastated"

Archived