BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan tickets

Ricky

I think we've been ******. What is wrong with people at the ticket office when you make a simple request for near the back!? :angry2:

Did you see the screen too? Row D was definitely the last row on there, I saw that seating plan that's why I questioned her.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they issuing tickets in blocks? So the tickets being sold now are at the back of the block currently being made available. Once that is sold out presumably the seats towards the back will go on sale.

I don't think so. I bought mine last week and got row AA.

I got my ticket as soon as they went on sale and asked for them near the back, and got row FF.

Nicola - the reason it starts at Row D is because rows A B & C are not sold.

Row D was at the top of the screen not the bottom which explains the confusion and why the woman @ the ticket office obviously thought Row F was near the back, they do things backwards in Wigan ;)

I'm pretty gutted we are at the front but looking at my previous Wigan tickets I think we're more near the side where the few home fans actually sing so with a bit of luck everyone will stand up near there and give them some abuse. Sitting down at an away game should be banned ;)

It was a guy wasn't it? Pretty hairy woman if not! Yeah he must have been looking at the diagram the wrong way round, so either gross incompetence or decided to dupe us cause he couldn't be bothered fishing around for some tickets near the back. Sometimes the ticket office are all right with that but a lot of the time they try to fob you off by saying things like "I have to sell them in order". Pretty gutted anyway, in away games I've been to the last year or 2 about 75% of fans sit down and just resemble the Jack Walker stand on a good day. Seems like you need to be near the back these days to even get an atmosphere at away games.

Was it a guy :lol: We can always call the ticket office to see if they'll exchange them. Worth a try it's no good having someone complaining about us standing up especially when we asked for seats at the back.

Row D was at the top of the screen not the bottom which explains the confusion and why the woman @ the ticket office obviously thought Row F was near the back, they do things backwards in Wigan ;)

I'm pretty gutted we are at the front but looking at my previous Wigan tickets I think we're more near the side where the few home fans actually sing so with a bit of luck everyone will stand up near there and give them some abuse. Sitting down at an away game should be banned ;)

What about people have suffered unfair lives and are in a wheelchair?

I hope FF isn't near the front. I've got a stub for JJ and I was up top. Unsure if I moved though.

What about people have suffered unfair lives and are in a wheelchair?

I hope FF isn't near the front. I've got a stub for JJ and I was up top. Unsure if I moved though.

In that case they wouldn't need a seat in the seating section because they'll be sat in their wheelchair.

My apologies I should have been more specific and said 'Sitting down on a seat, in the seating area at an away game should be banned'

Thanks for that Mark, for £10 I'm not complaining if I have to sit hopefully an early goal and we'll all be on our feet.

In that case they wouldn't need a seat in the seating section because they'll be sat in their wheelchair.

My apologies I should have been more specific and said 'Sitting down on a seat, in the seating area at an away game should be banned'

Thanks for that Mark, for £10 I'm not complaining if I have to sit hopefully an early goal and we'll all be on our feet.

Thanks for clearing that up, much obliged.

I wouldn't mind Ben but I put a *wink* after what I'd wrote, it was obvious I wasn't being serious about standing. It's actually quite funny when we sit down at away games, we sing 'can we stand up if we score' that kinda stuff it's all good fun to me.

I wouldn't mind Ben but I put a *wink* after what I'd wrote, it was obvious I wasn't being serious about standing. It's actually quite funny when we sit down at away games, we sing 'can we stand up if we score' that kinda stuff it's all good fun to me.

I always get seats at the back anyway so not a problem for me. I even go as far as researching the stand layout beforehand. People lower down who want to stand go up to the back anyway, unless the whole end is standing like at Burnley, Blackpool and (I think) Bolton.

Going to the back only works though if there's spare seats up there. This one is usually a sell-out so doubt there will be.

If the stewards aren't too arsey I'll stand on the steps like a lot did at West Brom, or budge in with a row of mates...

Annoys me when some people go to aways and don't make any atmosphere, whereas you see some clubs making some real noise. We're usually pretty damn good though :brfcsmilie:

I picked mine up this morning and was given seats on row FF, without me asking for anything. So I reckon they are handed out on a random basis.

And there plenty tickets left too.

IIRC wigan print the tickets and we have to sell them in a certain order. So you can't pick where you sit it's pot luck

Just a quick couple of questions for you all

How long of a stroll is it to the ground from Wigan Northwestern Station?

And can anyone recommend an away friendly pub that won't be absolutely ramjammed?

Just a quick couple of questions for you all

How long of a stroll is it to the ground from Wigan Northwestern Station?

And can anyone recommend an away friendly pub that won't be absolutely ramjammed?

Its a 15 minute walk over the bridge and by the canal to the ground. As for pubs, I think they are all ok but busy

Archived