BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] diouf

Miker

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in no way a big fan of EHD and dislikes many of the incidents attributed to him.

However I must disagree with Colin Warnock and QPR comments, plus the many press comments on EHD.

The challenge from Mackie on Givet after a poor first touch was reckless and could easily have warrented a straight red card. Probably avoided a sending off due to his self inflicted injury.

I viewed a much lesser challenge yesterday that resulted in Gerrard being sent off, with nobody apparently injured. Immediately after the challenge I noticed around six United players berate the referee and Gerrard for a poor challenge, before Carrick's injury or not was assessed.

Good to see the younger, more exciting players are easing him out of the team. Can't afford to keep this guy as a fringe player on his wages.

So what do you suggest Topman? Diouffs wages won't diminish whether he plays or not and unless he actually wants to leave we will have to keep paying them until his contract runs out.

Please try to think things through a little more.

So what do you suggest Topman? Diouffs wages won't diminish whether he plays or not and unless he actually wants to leave we will have to keep paying them until his contract runs out.

Please try to think things through a little more.

Sorry, dad.

I'll be more mindful next time.

The cklub should be backing our player here.

I find the comments that have come out of the QPR camp repulsive, I seriously think the FA should be looking at bringing a disrepute charge against this club.

What El HAdj has (or hasn't) said on the field may not be sporting, but they were kept within the confines of the pitch & tunnel.

QPR have now quite blatantly gone public with their comments and Tweets.

These should not be tolerated. The threats that have been issued against our player are unacceptable & for a manager to 'suggest' that an opposing player should leave this continent is unbelievable!!!

Warncok clearly knows the aggressive reputation of his own players and even admitted that he ommitted one of his players because he "might break a leg"... Thanks for trying to protect us Neil.

I agree.... and especially so in public! It would be good for squad moral and Kean's standing with the squad. Diouff didn't break anybody's leg did he? He didn't even know Mackies leg was broken.

Diouff is a hot head and he was simply reacting to what he thought was a bad challenge. I've said and done similar when I played in the heat of the moment.

Also it was obvious that the QPR dressing room talk would have been about what Diouff said and about who was going to 'get him'. I must say that some of the tackles on Diouff in the second half were X rated. One day someone who was in their dressing room will blab about it too, although whether it will be newsworthy is another matter. Maybe nicko should be getting his London contacts to do a bit of digging around. ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3341807/QPR-stars-tweet-threats-to-El-Hadji-Diouf.html

This suggests that the QPR players could be in trouble for what they were saying on Twitter and rightly so. If Babel gets charged for basically having a moan at the ref on Twitter, these guys should be punished for making threats. Still doesn't look like Colin's comments will get him in trouble though. They mention Diouf getting charged for what he said to Mackie but how was he supposed to know at the time he had broken his leg and like it also says in the article he was just angry at the bad tackle. If he gets charged for what he said at the end of the game (and the slap) then that would be more understandable but charging him for saying what he did when Mackie is on the ground (and trying to stand up!) sets a dangerous precedent.

I am not trying to defend Diouf cos I know, as do many others, that he is no saint and some of his actions are questionable but I feel this has been blown out of proportion just because it is El-Hadji Diouf. It is not about us beating QPR anymore, there isn't even any mention of Mackie's bad tackle (which I have seen and it does look dangerous), instead it has become 'What Diouf Did'.

An "FA Insider" said..

"But it's clear from the reaction of Neil Warnock and QPR it must have been something quite serious."

If they're going to judge every incident based on Colin's reactions they'd be looking at QPR's opponents every week.

I'm impressed, amazed and heartened to have got this email:

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting the Football Association.

At this moment in time we are considering all comments relating to allegations made following the Blackburn v QPR tie in the FA Cup.

Thanks again for your email, all feedback received is greatly appreciated from fans.

Kind regards,

Gary

Gary Stonehouse | Customer Relations

Communications Division

The FA Group

Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, HA9 0WS

Postal address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ

T +44 (0) 845 458 1966 | F+44 (0) 844 980 0666 |

www.TheFA.com, www.wembleystadium.com

I'm impressed, amazed and heartened to have got this email:

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting the Football Association.

At this moment in time we are considering all comments relating to allegations made following the Blackburn v QPR tie in the FA Cup.

Thanks again for your email, all feedback received is greatly appreciated from fans.

Kind regards,

Gary

Gary Stonehouse | Customer Relations

Communications Division

The FA Group

Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, HA9 0WS

Postal address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ

T +44 (0) 845 458 1966 | F+44 (0) 844 980 0666 |

www.TheFA.com, www.wembleystadium.com

Very impressed to see th FA responded. Interestingly enough Warnock has banned his players from posting about QPR on their Twiiter accounts -

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=12166113&r=tw&c=38

As far as i'm aware the only Rovers players to have twitter accounts are Roberts, and Brown.

Whilst I don't agree with what warnock said. I'm surprised (or maybe not) that Diouf hasn't atleast come out and said he had no idea the injury was so bad, and wouldnt of acted that way if he had known.

Or is he flat out denying he made the comments he did?

Archived