BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bury F.C offer for Rovers fans

Why would u want to watch Bury though?

Surely better to put that £5 towards a Rovers ticket??

I think it`s fair to say the majority of Rovers fans are season ticket holders.So there`s no reason why you couldn`t watch BOTH!

When i was a kid my dad took me all over watching various local teams if Rovers weren`t playing and i`m sure there are other Rovers fans who did it too.Although Rovers always has and always will be my first team,i do look for the results of other local teams too as i like to see them (well majority ;) ) do well.

I bet the first thing most Rovers fans thought when Blackpool got promoted to the Premier league was to look for the away fixture thinking what a cracking away day that will be.

Although i like us being in the prem,i do miss the away trips to some of the older grounds with a bit of character and identity as opposed to the identikit stadia seen all too often in the top flight.

<br />Why would u want to watch Bury though?

Surely better to put that £5 towards a Rovers ticket??>

Nothing at all unusual in this. When I was a kid we regularly travelled to London to watch top games. I grew up watching everything from Southern League 1st division to FL 1st Division. Many Utd fans watch Stockport. Older Rovers will recall watching Preston when Rovers were away, I believe some even went to Turf Moor.

It's younger generations who don't understand.

Nothing at all unusual in this. When I was a kid we regularly travelled to London to watch top games. I grew up watching everything from Southern League 1st division to FL 1st Division. Many Utd fans watch Stockport. Older Rovers will recall watching Preston when Rovers were away, I believe some even went to Turf Moor.

It's younger generations who don't understand.

Not all of them Paul. Our Sam is off with a few of his mates (variety of allegiances from Celtic to North End) for a night out on the tram from Manchester. I blame his father, who used to watch Southport on a Friday night and North End on the Saturday when Rovers were away.

My dad used to take me to watch Wigan, Preston and even dare I say it even Bumley when Rovers where away and we could not get to the game. This was late 70's and early 80's and reflects the time when they was no live footy on the telly. If you wanted a footy fix you went to a game! My Dad was (and still is) an addict for footy. Thing is these days you can watch so many lives games from the comfort of your armchair.

Fair play to Bury for having the initiative.

He was just trying to suggest a Rovers related alternative for those who may not be aware of the fundraising, which goes along similar lines of what Hughesy was saying. nothing wrong with that.

And I said make your own thread. It's like Amnesty international warning you not to give money to other charities.

Small clubs need the money.

And I said make your own thread. It's like Amnesty international warning you not to give money to other charities.

Small clubs need the money.

Get a grip man, it wasn't as if he posted about a transfer, injury etc to throw the thread completely off topic like your earlier 'hi-jack' post did.

He merely pointed out an alternative way to spend your fiver that is related to something BRFC! :brfc:

Why would u want to watch Bury though?

Surely better to put that £5 towards a Rovers ticket??

To support a local team in order for them to progress/survive?

Doubt a fiver would cut into the holes of most people too much, and it's a nice offer which I hope people take up :brfcsmilie:

I`m sure there`s a few Rovers fans who live in the Rossendale area. Getting to Bury would be just as easy as getting to Ewood for these people. Good on them for using their initiative. Maybe Rovers could offer Bury fans premierleague tickets at a reasonable price? :huh:

Am i correct in assuming Tranmere used to play home games on a Friday night, mainly so they didn`t clash with their larger blue & red neighbours? I`m sure i heard some Liverpool & Everton fans attended these games, cos it was cheap & an alternative Friday evenings entertainment.

Am i correct in assuming Tranmere used to play home games on a Friday night, mainly so they didn`t clash with their larger blue & red neighbours? I`m sure i heard some Liverpool & Everton fans attended these games, cos it was cheap & an alternative Friday evenings entertainment.

That's the way I remember it.

That's the way I remember it.

I`m surprised Stanley haven`t trialled something similar (or have they??):huh: I`m sure some of Accrington`s Blues & Carrots would attend some of the more attractive fixtures....if they didn`t clash with their own teams home games.

I think this is a really sensible initiative by [not being patronising] smaller clubs. In this Age of Austerity, they've got to do all they can to get money through the turnstiles. I'm a season ticket holder at Ewood but live within travelling distance of both Bury & Rochdale. So if we've not got a home game and one of them has, then I'll often go to it.

Which means that, provided Man. United win tonight's game [and they've just gone behind as I've been typing this!], I'll be at Spotland for Rochdale v. Southampton on the day of the 5th Round. I like the atmosphere at these smaller grounds; it's a throw-back to what I remember at Ewood in the 1960s and 70s.

I think this is a really sensible initiative by [not being patronising] smaller clubs. In this Age of Austerity, they've got to do all they can to get money through the turnstiles. I'm a season ticket holder at Ewood but live within travelling distance of both Bury & Rochdale. So if we've not got a home game and one of them has, then I'll often go to it.

Which means that, provided Man. United win tonight's game [and they've just gone behind as I've been typing this!], I'll be at Spotland for Rochdale v. Southampton on the day of the 5th Round. I like the atmosphere at these smaller grounds; it's a throw-back to what I remember at Ewood in the 1960s and 70s.

1-I think this is a good idea at any time.

2-they have just equalised.

It is quite an interesting idea and maybe something Blackburn could consider doing in reverse.

They could choose a game where there is not going to be a sell out anyway and offer season ticket holders of other North West clubs a ticket for the Darwen End for £5.

It is quite an interesting idea and maybe something Blackburn could consider doing in reverse.

They could choose a game where there is not going to be a sell out anyway and offer season ticket holders of other North West clubs a ticket for the Darwen End for £5.

The problem there though is that we would be portrayed as a club trying to poach lower league fans and try to put them out of business. I know its not the intention but the press would have a field day - we've had enough bad PR so far this year.

Great idea the other way round though, pity I live too far away to take advantage of Bury's offer.

Archived